Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300390 times)

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1290 on: April 02, 2011, 03:49:21 pm »

I am also working on a real sheet, but how does this look for a point buy? I decided to go with sorcerer after all, and I am fretting. :|a

STR: 8 (so... no points spent)
DEX: 14 (6 points)
CON: 13 (5)
INT: 14 (6)
WIS: 13 (5)
CHA: 16 (WHOO BIG SPENDER 10 POINTS)

I have never fiddled with this strange point-buy system before! I have always been at the mercy of the dice! (Or playing Fallout or something, where no one could make fun of my math.)
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: April 02, 2011, 03:54:29 pm »

I-I don't know how much clutter I should be dropping here I am a nervous newbie.  :(
Drop all the clutter you want. 'Tis what the thread is for.  ;)

Maybe optimized was pushing it. But of Mael's three feats, a duskblade would have two as a class ability at fourth level.
But the downside is that the Duskblade would have to get Combat Casting either way to qualify for the feat Maelrigar is taking next level.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Danichu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »

W-well okay then but I warned you you asked for it </panic mode>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: April 02, 2011, 04:04:01 pm »

I might be a bit late since I'm heading to my friend's house to play. If possible, can we drop Hamachi? My computer is denied to me and so I have to use others, and they look at me sideways when I start talking about installing Hamachi on their machines.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: April 02, 2011, 04:10:43 pm »

God I am so appreciative of this generator.

Quick question: I'm assuming traits aren't the same as feats. (I could, naturally, be wrong.) What are they?
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: April 02, 2011, 04:20:01 pm »

God I am so appreciative of this generator.

Pathguy's cool but the characters it generates are a garbled mess.

Anyway, I'm thinking about joining this so I can try my voodoo exorcist-style Dread Necromancer idea, since I never have anything going on on Saturday.  I'll edit this post if I get around to making him.
Shoes...

Danichu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: April 02, 2011, 04:22:49 pm »

Quick question from here, too: would it be possible for asfghn's and my characters to know one another going in?  It has a lot to do with my character, admittedly...do you want details here in the thread, or by PM?

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: April 02, 2011, 04:24:52 pm »

Haha, Cthulhu, probably, but I'm such a noob to D&D it really helps at the moment... hopefully I'll be able to hone my character-making skills a little more and not have to rely on a generator someday. ;)

Anyway, I think I'm almost done! Hopefully! Maybe! And then I get to fill it all in on my Mythweavers character sheet! I CAN MAKE IT, I REALLY CAN

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: April 02, 2011, 04:32:07 pm »

Those stats don't work... buying points in a stat gets costlier at higher values (getting one stat up to 18 costs 16 points instead of 10). This has been discussed, like, four times in the thread now, and the generator in the OP (which you seem to have found  8)) bypasses the difficulties quite nicely.

The Vr'ufen seem weird, and Google doesn't seem to know about them. I'll approve them for the game, but bear in mind that I tend to assess MAJOR penalties to diplomacy in some situations (for instance, combat, or when someone stands to lose something by treating you nicely), and -2 con is downright crippling to anybody. Although +2 cha and wis would be handy.

Unfortunately, I haven't got port forwarding set up (yet?), so Hamachi is still required to play the game.

Traits and Flaws are, you guessed it, distinct from feats. Traits are little balanced-out aspects of your character, that give small benefits and might aid in roleplaying; for instance, Polite people get +1 diplomacy and -2 intimidate. Flaws are major drawbacks in your character; this drawback should be more negative than a feat is positive (for instance, the flaw that concerns initiative gives you a -6 penalty to it, while the feat only gives you a +4 benefit). The benefit to having one is that you get a free feat.

Ninjas: Sounds great, Cthulhu, but please just make a new post if/when you make a character sheet, I don't tend to look backwards in the forums much... except at OP's. (a Necromancer, in this party? Sweet drama in 3... 2...)

Having your characters already know each other is just fine. Having your backstory in the main forum is also fine; you needn't be nervous about putting stuff in this forum, after all, the flipping journals are in this thread!

And speaking of journals, Maelrigar gets his journal experience!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: April 02, 2011, 04:41:19 pm »

Adhurr, I didn't notice that the generator had a point buy option. That... would have made things a lot easier.  :-[  Ah well, at least it should go quicker now. Though I didn't raise any stat to 18—just to 16, which the generator is also acknowledging is 10 points.

But do you have a list of traits we can select from? I found this one (and there's a list of flaws from the same site); would those be okay?

*RACING THE CLOCK, BABY*

EDIT, ARGH HOW DO I GET A NON-WYSIWYG POSTING... THING I am incoherent with rage.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:01:28 pm by asfghn »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: April 02, 2011, 04:53:01 pm »

I'd love to help you get your Port forwarded. It'd save hassle I believe.

Edit: Got Hamachi Installed (shhh. Wasn't supposed to.) 1 was full, so I joined 2. Nobody online for 2. If this is wrong, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:58:07 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Danichu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 02, 2011, 04:58:43 pm »

Things seem to be coming together...how is this for a point buy for one of the Vr'ufen characters?

STR: 14
DEX: 14
CON: 12
INT: 11
WIS: 15
CHA: 13

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 02, 2011, 05:02:36 pm »

Yeah, I just realized I hadn't actually linked anything in that post. *headdesk*

I swear to God I'm not usually this thick!

Buuuut my character sheet is done, but for choosing traits and flaw, which I am heading off to do now. Do we still get to make it? :D

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 02, 2011, 05:14:09 pm »

Buuuut my character sheet is done, but for choosing traits and flaw, which I am heading off to do now. Do we still get to make it? :D

If you're done when the session starts, you can pop right in with everyone else.

If not... you can keep working at it until you're done and pop in partway through if you want  :P
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 244