Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should this be considered normal?  (Read 839 times)

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
Should this be considered normal?
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:07:39 pm »

The only way to really explain this is somehow messing with worldgen and using PerfectWorldDF caused such a horrible thing to happened.

First of all I been generating countless worlds embarking in area I was looking for. Then using stonesense I would unhide the stone in it to see what was below. I got to the point after doing this who knows how many ungoldy amount of time I figured I am just going to embark and start it.

I found a great location. Half Joyous Wilds shrub land and half Terrifying Moist broadleaf forest. with a stream at the northen end and a small mountain biome smack in the middle. I was smiling because this was perfect with 2 layers of flux Chalk and Marble.

When it loaded I got a messaged saying a portion of the cavern collapsed and I use stonesense real quick to find out what it was and to my amazement this is what I see sticking out of the bottom of cavern3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should I continue and turn this into a succession game or not? The game may seriously lag out later on once the 3rd cavern is breached. but it could be some serious Fun
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Should this be considered normal?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:11:29 pm »

That is entirely normal - you have stumbled upon a "curious structure," also known as a demonic fortress. They appear once per region tile on the world map. There is a vaguely Arthurian object at the bottom of the smooth section, and you can guess what happens when you remove it.

Also, upload the save folder please. That sounds like a lovely embark and I want it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, all the creatures in the smooth portion are undead.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 07:15:13 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kregoth

• Bay Watcher
  • I had an army of cats once. guess what happened?
    • View Profile
Re: Should this be considered normal?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 07:20:40 pm »

That is entirely normal - you have stumbled upon a "curious structure," also known as a demonic fortress. They appear once per region tile on the world map. There is a vaguely Arthurian object at the bottom of the smooth section, and you can guess what happens when you remove it.

Also, upload the save folder please. That sounds like a lovely embark and I want it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, all the creatures in the smooth portion are undead.

Oh ok so it separate from *Spoiler* but can reveal it if you remove said part sense it connects to HFS.

It is a hot biome in case that matters But sense it isn't an end all be all thing I think I will turn this into a succession game. This has taken me like 2 weeks to find a embark such as this. I gave up on the volcano it made it impossible to find one similar with magma. I can give you a separate save if you want but join the succession once it is posted. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 07:30:46 pm by Kregoth »
Your not playing Dwarf Fortress right if you don't see a message saying a Kitten (tame) had died in some horrible manner over and over again.