Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bookkeerper question (noob here)  (Read 386 times)

temu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Bookkeerper question (noob here)
« on: September 14, 2010, 01:06:06 pm »

Searched around for an answer to this but couldn't find one so I though I would ask here!

I pressed "n" and appointed the appropriate guy for my book keeping and assigned a chair for him to have an office.  The office was a modest office though, and apparently he needed a meager one.  Ok np, I assigned a new meager office for him.  But it hasn't seemed to work.... I don't think he's doing any book keeping.  When I view him after pressing "n"  it says, "Holdings:  Meager Office" and also it says, "Needs:  Meager Office".  Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong? Ty

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Bookkeerper question (noob here)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 01:13:07 pm »

No no no, Needs: (text) is just there to tell you the very basics of what he needs, if the text is white(if I am remembering correctly) that means his needs have been met, if it's red, that means his needs have not been met whatsoever, if it's yellow, that means you've tried to meet his needs but the quality is a bit shabby.
As for him not doing any work, why, you have to go into the (n)obles screen, scroll down to bookkeeper, and press s to define his settings!

temu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »

Ahhh... I get it.  Thank you!!

Arbitrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:06:40 pm »

Incidentally, when starting out, don't make your farmer or brewer your bookkeeper as well, this will lead to starvation at a pretty decent rate, as once that bookkeeper starts he won't stop for nigh-on 18 months.

Lost a couple of forts that way, til I learned about [p]references -> [l]abour

Fun...

funFunfuuUUnFUNfuNfuuuuuUUU---