Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Computer Help please!  (Read 2145 times)

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Computer Help please!
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:09:07 am »

Damnit! Just now my computer made a HORRIBLE LOUD noise, I'd describe it as "Static being broken".
It's awful..

Anyway, every time my computer creates a sound, it's this. The awful loud static.
I don't know what to do! I've updated my drivers, reset my drivers and performed a system restore! It's still here!
Can anyone help please?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Help please!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:12:16 am »

Errrr.....?!
Most likely your speakers are fucking up? You dont have speakers? Check for any wires getting in the way of ventilators inside the case.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:12:51 am »

Speakers

Thanks for trying, but I've tried two different speakers, and a pair of Headphones, all of them get the same result.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 10:14:28 am »

Wires? Try a diffrent sound card? Where the hell does the sound comes from?!
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 10:16:33 am »

Wires? Try a diffrent sound card? Where the hell does the sound comes from?!

The spound come from whichever audio device is in at the time, Speakers, Headphones.

No mess up wires at all, it's clean and efficient 'round there.

And you'll have to talk me through that sound card option, I'm useless with Hardware.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 10:24:37 am »

Listing the model here might help. At any case, is it built in? Not? How old is it? In case it is not built in and you do not have any free slots to plug in another soundcard, do you concider yourself straight-handed enough to unscrew a screw? Im serious here, I've seen people fuck up on that. If you do have free slots, you might concider getting a try with another card, take one from a friend, or  something They're incredibly cheap, at any rate.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 10:27:22 am »

C-Media CM6501, it's about 3 years old, I think.. And it definitely is built in.
I have no idea if there are any other slots, or anything..

And of course I can.. Wow, really?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 10:30:16 am »

Is the sound in general, working? can it produce normal, non-garbled sound, or is it just static every tiem it tries to do anything?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 10:35:31 am »

Right, well, try and open the PC case. somewhere below all the ports on the motherboard(Inside, obviously), should be a few PCI slots. Get some cheap PCI sound card(They're like 10$ a pop(or borrow one from a friend)) and try to plug that in(Screwing up on that is not hard, just make sure to remove the blind metal plug from the case, so you can actually fit that card in... It's really, really hard to insert the card a wrong way, but as they say, nothing is mpossible) Oh, and are you on vista by any chance?
-edit-
that meant to be an edit, not a new post.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:40:10 am »

Is the sound in general, working? can it produce normal, non-garbled sound, or is it just static every tiem it tries to do anything?

Static every time.

Anyway, yeah. I'm going to get a new sound card then.
Yay..

Yup, Vista.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 10:41:40 am »

You're not alone with that problem then. So far i've not seen a single solution tho.
(get 7 anyway.)

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:13 am »

Welp, thanks Pillow Killer!

I'll have my new sound card tomorrow, or the day after it.
*Sigh*

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:47:21 am »

*sigh* I just wanted you to make sure the problem is in hardware, not software, but yeah, whatever.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 10:48:17 am »

I'm almost positive it's hardware, but if there's anything I could do to check, just tell me and I will.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 10:50:28 am »

Like I said, a lot of people seem to be getting this exclusively on vista, One guy posted that he reverted to xp and the problem persisted, which, at least, shows a certain trend that vista sucks which tells us its probably the device fault anyway.
Pages: [1] 2