Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Worker of Creation.  (Read 7703 times)

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worker of Creation.
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 09:28:22 am »

Sorry for the long delay. I needed a break. Which just ended at 2:00 AM.  ::)

Do your warm up stretches and then jog to the nearest city bus stop. Take the bus to the City Library, there we should have a couple of options. Make sure you get a library card and look for some books on carpentry, woodcarving, etc.

Also use the library computer to surf the internet for some good consignment stores in the city. A consignment store gives us the option of selling anything we make for an alternative cash source rather then crime and out part-time job. Also look on the internet for any useful guides to help us improve our carpentry,woodworking, etc; and if it doesn't cost too much use the library printers to print out the info to take home with us.

Left, right, left, right, up, down, up, down, you pant to yourself. After doing your warm ups for a good 5 minutes, you jog off down the road. About 200 meters from your house is a bus stop. Looks like the warm up wasn't quite needed. As you sit down, a small ticket catches your eye. It says in big words "DAY BUS TICKET" and it even says todays date! Grinning, you look up to find the bus pulling in. You jump up and flash the ticket in front of the drivers face. He grunts and takes off before you can even take a seat. You only just stop yourself from crashing onto your nose. Jackass.

50 minutes later...

You get off the bus as fast as possible. Jesus, what a bloody horrible bus driver. The jackass went the wrong way and it took another 5 minutes to get back to where we STARTED to do it right. Sighing, you look at the time. 7 O'clock. Perfect. You waltz over to the library and go up to the front desk and enquire about obtaining a library card and how much it will cost. The lady looks up at you and states in a very boring voice, that you will never have to pay a cent, as long as you bring the books back on time. She asks for your age, phone number and address, before turning and handing you a brand new card with your name on it! Awesome!

GAINED: Library card to the public library.

You then head off into the self-help section, looking for any books of interest. You find a few good ones...
* Lockpicks - A harmless past time hobbie
* Computer repairs 101 - What all the repair shops in town don't want you to know!
* A guide to the elements of wood carving - Make your very own wooden crafts today!
* Self protection - Learn basic defensive moves from the safety of your own home! DVD included.

You decide to get all of them out. You also might need to look into finding a cheap TV and DVD player. You realise that whilst your here, you might as well see if there is any good consignment stores around your neighborhood and if you can find a manual for that wreck you found.

20 minutes later...

With a final few taps, you print off the repair manual for the car. As you start to log off, a small link catches your eye in the corner of the website. "How to break windows - The art behind an unlikely skill.". You look both ways. All looks clear. You quickly print it off and shove it down in between the pages of the manual. Logging off quickly, you get the books loaned out and make your way out.

You decide that buying some super glue for the leg would be a good idea, before you forget again. You find a small shop on a nearby corner and walk in. The shop is run by a small man, who you have problems understanding. As you take the glue up to buy it, the guy attempts to sell you some more gear for a discount. You flatly decline and the man shrugs, asking you if you want a bag. You decline again. All of a sudden, three men come storming in, slamming you to the ground. Just as you about to stand up and give them a peice of your mind, the man points a gun at your head. "Stand up and your going to have another breathing hole in the back of your head.", the man snarls. The other man threatens the man at the counter with a pistol, as he demands him to give him the money. Suddenly, the back door slams open and an young man walks out of it, carrying a shotgun. Swearing, the three men run out of the shop. The young man helps you stand up and says the glue is on him, with a small smile.

30 minutes later...

You walk off the bus and thank the driver very much for a fast trip. Jesus. That guy put the last driver to shame. You walk into your lounge, dump the books on the floor and lie down on your couch.

CHARACTER SHEET

Wearing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Objects inside House
Objects inside Garage.

Inventory:
Knowledge:

Creations:

* Health = Fine.
* Energy = Totally awake/Content.
* Time = 8:30 AM
* Hunger = Fine.
* Fitness = Unfit.
* Money = $60 (all in notes)

Effects:
* NONE

IMPORTANT: Seeking someone to manage the sheet for me.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 09:57:04 am »

Lets start with the wood carving book. Maybe we can sell some stuff and improve our table and stool.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 11:08:19 am »

Let's save the wood crafting thing for later, now that we have the manuals required we can work on it at anytime.

What we DO have a time limit on is the break-in later tonight. Personally I'm not thrilled at all with this idea but I don't think we can back out without those other guys coming down on us. If we chicken out after seeming so confident before then they might think we would call the cops on them, not a situation I want us to have to face. Hopefully everything will go relatively smoothly and afterward we can tell them that it was too much on our nerves and we don't think we can do it again. They might laugh at us but probably won't try to beat us up/kill us.

So in preparation for the heist:

Study Breaking Windows article
Study Lockpicks

We'll should still have time after this is done to make a better set of lockpicks using our new knowledge and then study some more.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 06:10:53 pm »

What are the odds that we will be breaking into the same place that was broken into while we were there?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2010, 06:38:54 pm »

What are the odds that we will be breaking into the same place that was broken into while we were there?
Very, very, VERY, high.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2010, 04:40:27 am »

Let's save the wood crafting thing for later, now that we have the manuals required we can work on it at anytime.

What we DO have a time limit on is the break-in later tonight. Personally I'm not thrilled at all with this idea but I don't think we can back out without those other guys coming down on us. If we chicken out after seeming so confident before then they might think we would call the cops on them, not a situation I want us to have to face. Hopefully everything will go relatively smoothly and afterward we can tell them that it was too much on our nerves and we don't think we can do it again. They might laugh at us but probably won't try to beat us up/kill us.

So in preparation for the heist:

Study Breaking Windows article
Study Lockpicks

We'll should still have time after this is done to make a better set of lockpicks using our new knowledge and then study some more.

Sighing, you think about your options. Maybe doing this break in was not such a good idea after all. You flick through the breaking windows guide, only to find it was just a bunch of crappy advertising under a fake name. God damn it. You instead have a quiet flick through of the lock picking book, which ends up being FAR more helpful.

NEW KNOWLEDGE: VERY basic knowledge of how to conduct lock picking.

It also labels some better ways to make home made lockpicks out of a combination of paper clips and copper wire.

Basic knowledge of how to make home made lockpicks (1 copper + 1 paper clip)

You decide to test your hand at it. However, you become so consumed by doing so....

NEW: Average make, homemade paper clip and copper wire lockpick
MANY HOURS LATER...

Oh sweet Jesus... You must of fallen asleep. Yawning, you roll off the couch and check the time...

6:30

You have to be kidding me. You stand up in a rush, sprint up the stairs as fast as possible and get changed. Half an hour to the break in.... You start to jog to the supermarket when a car screeches up onto the lip of the pavement and a man flicks the door open. "About time, you lazy fat ass!" laughs Jack. "Get in and lets GO!".

CHARACTER SHEET

Wearing:

Objects inside House
Objects inside Garage.

Inventory:
Knowledge:

Creations:

* Health = Fine.
* Energy = Totally awake/Relaxed.
* Time = 6:30 PM
* Hunger = Slightly hungry.
* Fitness = Unfit.
* Money = $60 (all in notes)

Effects:
* NONE

IMPORTANT: Seeking someone to manage the sheet for me.

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2010, 05:17:57 am »

Get in the car.

During the drive there ask what the plan is and try to get more information on the area where the heist is going down. Also ask for the ski mask he said he was bringing you and wear it once he hands it over. Other than that wait until we get where we are going.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2010, 06:01:33 am »

Don't wear the ski mask until we get there. We don't want to bring attention by riding across town with a ski mask. Otherwise, ask for information.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2010, 06:15:12 am »

Get in the car.

During the drive there ask what the plan is and try to get more information on the area where the heist is going down. Also ask for the ski mask he said he was bringing you and wear it once he hands it over. Other than that wait until we get where we are going.

You jump in one of the backseats and just manage to close the door before you roar off. You have a quick peek around you. Your inside what appears to be a lowered Nisman Skydrive, with tinted windows and most of the "comfort stuff" ripped out. Jack turns around and grins at you from the passenger seat. "Black clothes... Good stuff. Here, chuck this on." Jack throws back a ski mask, which you promptly pull over your head. You look to your left and see two other guys sitting there with a large duffel bag on his seat. You feel the car slowly come to a stop. "Alright." Jack starts. "Open up the duffel." The man nods and opens the bag.... Revealing a bag full of guns. Your jaw drops. "Oh calm down, Man." Jack says. "We aren't aiming at you!" he laughs. He pulls what looks like a desert eagle from the bag and puts it in his pocket. The other two men in the back pull out a shot gun and a rifle for themselves, whilst the driver checks his mag in his pistol. "Fired a pistol before Mate?" Jack asks.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2010, 06:21:03 am »

"No. But I did play a lot Counter-Strike when I was in high school."

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2010, 06:33:53 am »

"No. But I did play a lot Counter-Strike when I was in high school."

Jack laughs. "Great. Take this and take it easy with it. Don't want you dislocating your arm.

GAINED: Black pistol of unknown make.

"Theres a mag in it. And take two more just in case."

GAINED: Two full mags (7/7, 7/7)

"Point it at the 'bad guy' and squeeze the trigger. And there you have."

NEW KNOWLEDGE: Basic knowledge of how to shoot a small firearm.

The car comes to a total stop. You didn't even realise that you had started again. "Were here." whispers the driver. You look out the window. The nearby street light has broken but you can just make out a small sign that reads "Vince's fine jewelry". "I... Thought we were breaking into a suit makers place?" you grumble. "Yea, we were, but my Girl Friend wants a diamond ring. Look, don't even think about pussying out now. Lets just get this done!" he shouts. You all nod. Holding your gun tightly, you make your way up to the small hedge outside the house. "Alright." Jack starts. "The place is still open right now. Thats why we have the ski masks. You." as he points at you, "Are going to go in and distract the owner. I normally wouldn't send a new guy but your the only other guy with a pistol." he says. The rest of us will break down the back door, tie the other family members up and come and help you. Jeff's in the car with the motor running waiting for us, so lets go! And Andy, stay out the front and watch him, in case shit hits the fan". Jack and another man run around the back and you and Andy are left around the front. "Well go on" he says. "Keep you beanie low over your face and go in there." Sighing, you hand the mask to Andy for later and walk right through the front door, head tilted down. "Hi there." the shop keeper starts. "How may I help you?".

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2010, 07:01:17 am »

Okay, my opinion is that those guys are obviously going to sacrifice us. So mutters "Sir, a gang of armed robbers is going to break in your house anytime soon. You better call the police."

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2010, 07:34:57 am »

As morally-high-ground as that is, Jack and co. probably have contacts. Who probably also have guns. If we're going to rat, we'd have to do it subtly.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2010, 07:39:54 am »

I'm not sure they got contacts. They sound more like small-time thief than mafia men.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2010, 07:47:06 am »

If they have guns and a car, they probably have *some* kind of contacts. Then again, if at least some of them work at a supermarket...

Whatever. Go nuts.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8