Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: If you were stranded on a tropical island, which B12-ers would you take?  (Read 12168 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

So we've all brought up the little scenario in our heads. "If I was stranded on a desert island, what Items would I take?" "What would I need to know?" "What would I need to know in order to run a tiny civilisation?"

Well, here's the scenario for this one. You've got no means to live, at all, but due to pure chance, you've got about five men and women1
 and 3 (Three) of your choice of people from this forum.
Be aware that your position as leader isn't set in stone. The John and Jane Doe's aren't going to be helpful, but if you think another person would be better for the job, bring them.

1So that we don't have "Vester/Vector/Janet/etc To breed with"
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:48:40 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: If you were stranded on a tropical island, which B12-ers would you take?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:08:59 am »

I'LL TAKE YOU ALL DOWN WITH ME

Hey, there was talk about our own private island before :P
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 05:22:50 am »

I'd take Aqizzar for generally being the awesom dood. Cheddarius because he'd do a great job at being the smart one. IronyOwl because... Well, we all need a "standard" guy to be the first to go/just be there. Janet since she'll likely make things interesting. And myself since... Well... I would be needed to be along with this group so this post is valid. Aaaaaaand because it's likely no one else would pick me but myself.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 05:38:54 am »

I love people who don't read the OP.

Well, because I've had way too much time to speculate on this stuff, I'd take Vector, MaximumZero, and Duke.

1. Vector means maths. Maths means engineering. That will be useful later on, when we've got to build things we want to stay up under bear attack. She's also got a gigantic reserve of survival facts she's been hoarding for no particular reason, which will be damn well helpful for filling in the gaps I've got, which could be many more than I think.

2. MaximumZero seems to me like the biggest guy on this forum, which will be bloody useful when we'll need to lop down trees, and chip up stone using nothing but our Karate Hands. But honestly, I think half a week of heavy lifting, and he'd turn into six foot five of pure fucking granite. With a sick Tattoo.

3. Duke, because simply put, he'd be the most likely candidate for keeping us all at things other than eachother's throats. He's chill, he's got really good reasoning abilities, and he's chill. He's also good for talking too, which means that certain frustrations would get out in the air, rather than to the point of a very pointy stick in the middle of the night.

I was thinking to put Jackrabbit in there instead, but, I figured I'd rather have him safe in Australia, sleeping with all of the people I wouldn't be able to sleep with.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 05:49:51 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 05:42:54 am »

Hey, there was talk about our own private island before :P

I think the implication was that we'd be able to leave at will.  Not that anyone would be leaving alive.

So, who would I want to be stranded with.  I'd probably start another government, which is good because five votes don't make ties.  Sean Mirrsen comes to mind for some reason, I think he'd know how to build a boat.  ToonyMan to keep our spirits up / drive everyone crazy.  KaelGotDwarves, because I'll bet that ninja can fish with his bare hands.  And Vector because her maths could plot a course to civilization, and she knows how to cook.  We'd all be sick of crabs and coconuts anyway, but at least it might take longer.

"Mmm... Peeled coconut, fried coconut, coconut stew, roast coconut, coconut meringue, New England boiled coconut...  AH HATES COCONUTS!"  God I hope somebody gets that reference.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 05:59:48 am »

Toady One because we need someone to moderate :P Pathos because we need a troll other than me (And somebody to test all the possibly poisionous things that we find) and Toonyman because he seems to be intelligent.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:04:10 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 06:02:10 am »

I'd pick the fat ones. Finding food on tropical islands can be surprisingly hard.

"Mmm... Peeled coconut, fried coconut, coconut stew, roast coconut, coconut meringue, New England boiled coconut...  AH HATES COCONUTS!"  God I hope somebody gets that reference.
Yosemite Sam?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:05:31 am by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 06:03:31 am »

Yeah... Do you know which B12ers are fat?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 06:06:21 am »

Dunno. Stick your finger through the cage bars so I can see.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 06:19:52 am »

JoshuaFH, because he can do a standing backflip.
Japa, because he can grow amusing but surprisingly well-kept facial hair for our entertainment.
And Toonyman, because he can shoot lasers from his eyes.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 07:15:06 am »

I would take three lurkers, so that I could be the only one with a personality on the whole island.

Ha! What a witty comment, amirite?
Should I point out that this thread is the most blatant mutual wanking that I've seen yet?
Probably not.
We all like our mutual wanking.

Here's another idea for my companions:
Sniper Joe, Sofia and Janet - because after reading Valis I find this funny.

More ramblings:
I don't envy the compulsory female that gets included on the island with three men starved for companionship(read: internet dorks). I could safely bet that all the notions of civilized coexistence would be quickly done with, and the situation devolve into that of sexual slavery and killing off one's competitors.

Disclaimer: I'm totally not a party popper. For real.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 07:30:14 am »

I didn't really mean for the thread to be mutual wanking.
But so far it's gone even further down than that.

Also, I don't see what you mean by 'compulsary female'. Another person that doesn't read the OP. Great.

It's spelt 'pooper'. And you tried really hard to be one.
Should I change the thread title to 'Troll your friends!' or is just way past my bed time?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 07:30:43 am »

You mean people would take other male forumers with them?

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:28 am »

2. MaximumZero seems to me like the biggest guy on this forum, which will be bloody useful when we'll need to lop down trees, and chip up stone using nothing but our Karate Hands. But honestly, I think half a week of heavy lifting, and he'd turn into six foot five of pure fucking granite. With a sick Tattoo.

I'm very surprised to be included on anyone's list. The thing is, Tack, that I'm 5'1". :P I do have experience making stone axes and chopping down trees, though, (Hooray, Native American Ancestry!)

But yeah, my three are Vector, Tack, and Aqizzar.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 07:35:45 am »

Hmmm...

I pick MSH.
I pick Footkerchief.
I pick MaximumZero.

My plan is simple. Abandoning the people I don't know, I will build a raft with MSH, the materials for which will be found by Footkerchief. And then we will escape from the island, with MaximumZero PUNCHING THE FUCK OUT OF ANY SHARKS WE ENCOUNTER.

Also, Palazzo, they're internet nerds. Most of the people here are introverts. They'd be more likely to try and snark each other to death than actual murder.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9