Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bad blood  (Read 630 times)

blainemono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bad blood
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:15:52 pm »

I have failed to heed the warning about the forgotten beast's deadly blood. So now I have a room painted red with a substance that makes dwarves' feet rot off on contact. Not to mention the corpse. I managed to notice that after only two of my dwarves has been made shorter by the surgeon and sealed off THE RED ROOM. Problem is, this room is kind of a hub, so i want it back. Now, how do I clean the bad blood without any direct contact?

Also, I am having this thing where every cave in spawns some blood of a creature I've killed before. Mostly batman blood, but some forgotten beast blood too. I've been treating it as a poetic statement rather than a bug - earth weeping with bloody tears of its fallen children and all that - but this new bloody development has got me thinking - if my next cave in spawns some diseased blood, my megaproject is screwed. Soo any information on that would be greatly appreciated too.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Bad blood
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 04:34:00 pm »

There's a DFHack utility that cleans blood/snow/all that stuff(except mud) from your map. I don't know if it affects inventories, though. Check the Modding forum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jayce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 05:21:11 pm »

I got this rot on my dwarf i thought he was a goner the bear who fought with him died,but a simple bath cleaned away the rot.So make your cleaners bath regular.

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:18:22 am »

no, it doesn't clean off inventories
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:56:10 am »

The extreme solution: boil it all away. Now you can interpret that to mean the fix-it-all solution of magma. Or you could interpret that to mean editing the raws so the boiling point of blood is very low and thus, it all boils away at room temperature. You may need to flood that room with water to 'remind' the blood that it should check its boiling temperature.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.