Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Small Modding Questions  (Read 643 times)

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Small Modding Questions
« on: September 13, 2010, 03:08:05 pm »

Two small questions, thought I'd make one thread for the both rather than two disparate ones for each.

1) Is it possible to change the name of "[Wood] blocks" to "[Wood] planks" by fiddling with the RAWs?

2) What determines what sort of animals the elves will bring? Can I convince them to bring more 'exotic' animals like walruses and polar bears in addition to their elephants / tigers / etc?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Small Modding Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 03:15:00 pm »

Two small questions, thought I'd make one thread for the both rather than two disparate ones for each.

1) Is it possible to change the name of "[Wood] blocks" to "[Wood] planks" by fiddling with the RAWs?

Nope.
2) What determines what sort of animals the elves will bring? Can I convince them to bring more 'exotic' animals like walruses and polar bears in addition to their elephants / tigers / etc?
Edit the elves' raw file to place them in biomes other than forests.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 03:20:38 pm »

So no matter what, the elves' animals will always be biome specific? I'm not familiar with how trade caravans work -- would it be from the same group of elves each year? I'm seeking to expand the available purchasable animals, not change to a different limited subset :/

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 03:45:34 pm »

So no matter what, the elves' animals will always be biome specific? I'm not familiar with how trade caravans work -- would it be from the same group of elves each year? I'm seeking to expand the available purchasable animals, not change to a different limited subset :/

you could always add [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to anything you want, it will allow you to buy it on embarkation (if your race has access to any that is)