Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76404 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Day 2 - Talk softly and kill people at night
« Reply #465 on: September 20, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »

It is pretty scummy, and as of now I'd vote for him if the day was nearing its end and no one else was suspicious.  However, I have questions for Tack and Elegy right now, and I'd probably come under fire myself for lack of originality if I voted SirBayer for the exact same thing you are currently attacking him over.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 20, 2010, 07:40:43 pm »

It is pretty scummy, and as of now I'd vote for him if the day was nearing its end and no one else was suspicious.  However, I have questions for Tack and Elegy right now, and I'd probably come under fire myself for lack of originality if I voted SirBayer for the exact same thing you are currently attacking him over.
Then you could try to find someone else or more information, now couldn't you?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 20, 2010, 08:00:23 pm »

Why are you spending so much time worrying about your appearance?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 20, 2010, 08:18:20 pm »

If you could give me your questions again, that would be wonderful. So far the only one I've seen is "Is this a joke?" to which my answer was yes. I was sick of Tack bringing up the same stupid question about that arbitrary answer, so I answered the best way I could.

You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 20, 2010, 10:10:39 pm »

If you could give me your questions again, that would be wonderful. So far the only one I've seen is "Is this a joke?" to which my answer was yes. I was sick of Tack bringing up the same stupid question about that arbitrary answer, so I answered the best way I could.
That's the one.  I couldn't tell if you were serious or not.  Why joke about it, though?  You've been avoiding answering it the entire game, and finally answering it with a joke just seems like more deflection.

Refraining from hopping on a bandwagon without adding to the attack is a scumtell?  Let me see...since bandwagoning is also a scumtell, then the only people who aren't scummy are those who hop onto a bandwagon with additions to the attack.  Which would mean every single person in this game who is not attacking SirBayer with an original attack is scummy.

No, doesn't work that way.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 20, 2010, 10:16:23 pm »

There was really no answer I had in mind when I made that statement in the first place. If people really honest to god want to know who I think is scummy or town, I couldn't tell them. I think everyone has done at least something to earn my suspicion this game (as well it should be in a mafia game).

But right now, I want Org to talk a little more. His defense of his vote-hopping in day one was incredibly weak, and his prompt OMGUSing of me afterwards, which has continued to now is also very scummy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 20, 2010, 10:21:49 pm »

There was really no answer I had in mind when I made that statement in the first place. If people really honest to god want to know who I think is scummy or town, I couldn't tell them. I think everyone has done at least something to earn my suspicion this game (as well it should be in a mafia game).

But right now, I want Org to talk a little more. His defense of his vote-hopping in day one was incredibly weak, and his prompt OMGUSing of me afterwards, which has continued to now is also very scummy.
Do you have any real suspicions or do you plan to hop from person to person all day?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 20, 2010, 10:31:23 pm »

Cool story bro.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 20, 2010, 10:46:24 pm »

Alright, people, I'm back.
Sorry for me being all stupid yesterday. I hadn't seen sun in a week- It affects my clarity.

Anyway.

Buddying
1. That seems to me like common courtesy. It's not like he's going to change his vote on me, or I'm going to change my vote on him if I say that. In fact- I didn't change my vote on him. In fact, I pushed more evidence on him. It seems to me like you're calling 'BUDDYING' on every interaction with another player. Is Webadict trying to wheedle himself into our good books by speaking ye' olde' pirate lingo? I doubt it. Could be it was 'Talk like a pirate day' yesterday.
Could be I say thankyou to people who help me. Which probably isn't the way you should play mafia, but hey, as long as the scum die in the end, It works out. However, it doesn't really help when you're trying your hardest to incriminate me with all innocent things I say.

Prior knowledge of mafia voting implied.  Accuses Elegy of something he himself has been guilty of the entire game.
2. Prior knowledge my ass. That was a simple assessment. We thought she was scum, the scum would've known she was town. Therefore, we'd both have reason to vote for her. If she was scum, then scum would NOT have reason to vote for her, unless they're jumping off a sinking ship, so to speak. Elegy made a point, and I refuted it. Simple as that. I wouldn't be a stupid enough mafioso to hand over my scumteam like that.
Actually, in my point of view, If I had have done that, they'd probably be telling me to incriminate a few townies and then get lynched. No, that's not a scumslip. Again- that's psychology.

Apparently hasn't noticed that Josh is dead.
Again. Lack of sunlight affects my IQ. I swear on this.

Heh, to be honest, I think if I was mafia, and therefore had a few people in scumchat screaming at me, I'd probably be playing better right now.

SirBayer, I'll have to go back a page to answer your questions, so I'll put that in another post.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 20, 2010, 10:55:13 pm »

Sirbayer, you were 'buddying' three times, to two different people.
I made a statement, for the benefit of town, and you said it was a scumslip.

'Innocuous evidence' is a shitty word, but as far as I can tell, you're trying to ramp up evidence on me so that you can start a bandwagon. If you manage to get me lynched, that's another day you can stay in the cover, and another two townies who die.

Also, telling me to 'pick my own arguments', again, is stupid. In your own logic, that means that you can't get up me for something that someone else has picked up, because this means you're using someone else's arguments. If someone has evidence on you, then I'll damn well assess it for my own investigation. If their victim dies and flips scum, then I can also use that to help prove, or go towards proving, a person's town-ishness, because again, the only reason a mafia would attack another mafia is when the other mafia has no chance of survival.

Let me know if you have any more questions or accusations I can address.
I'm also going to list my suspicions in the next post.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 20, 2010, 11:01:27 pm »

You wouldn't be hopping on a band wagon in the first place Lonewolf, band wagonning is not something you're suppose to do, if you have valid points that aren't nothing/rehashed then you're fine man.

Let's see.

Okay then. Scumteam is Tack, Webadict, and ToonyMan. Done deal.

Awesome stuff.

Tack starts spewing scumtells all over the place, Webadict puts the lamest fake-pressure on him I've ever seen. I catch Tack's screw-up, Webadict tries to divert my attention to himself (Toony promptly joins him), then defends Tack's decision to run away at the critical moment. He hasn't shown back up, by the way. Too soon to blame him, but if he misses today...

Gotcha.
Hahaha, you just decided the scum team through one paragraph, that has got to be a sham.  Why didn't you bother yesterday?  Not the time?

I'm going to Unvote and vote SirBayer in fact, for his odd attack on Vector (who was town) and defending me the whole day against Vector.  Plus the fact with the enlightenment of Tack's newest posts.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 20, 2010, 11:26:32 pm »

Rrriiight! unvote
Hopefully nobody else has anything I haven't responded to. I'm sure I'll find out pretty soon.

Keep in mind that while these are my (hopefully unbiased) suspicions, I'm going to use my bandwagon as evidence, so I'm trying to keep as little OMGUS here as I can.

To my eyes, the scumteam consists of Elegy, Lonewolf1, and SirBayer.

Elegy:
Solid stuff first.
Speaking of, throwing a second vote on so soon, Zai?

Tack, you are also under a lot of heat so far, throwing a blue "vote" my way without any reason only adds to your already scummy behavior. Explain your reasoning. Or don't, scum.

Hypocrisy and OMGUS.

Scumbag.

Not sure what OMGUS is, but I know what I said was not hypocritical. Tack provided no reasoning of his own when he FoS'd me. I had reason and a question for FoSing Zai (who I had said I thought was mildly suspicious earlier)
OMGUS: Someone attacks you and your instinct is to attack them back.  I noticed you did this in the previous game.  It's a kneejerk reaction for you as scum.
Seeing as Vector was confirmed as town, I can pull these right out for you.

Also, while I was perusing backwards, I noticed you never answered the question asked of EVERYONE- 'Who would you pick on your scumteam?'. Now, while you could have just missed the question, it seems a little fishy to me. You don't answer this question, and then when we ask you who seems the most townish to you, you're afraid to answer. When I push you, you give a joke answer in an attempt to brush it off. Why? Because, as scum, you Can't Afford to offer opinion on that! When you die and flip scum, the answers to those questions could be used against you, whether or not they are WIFOM. Face it- You're defensive. You don't answer questions that could injure you or your scumbuddies, and you throw suspicion and blame in an attempt to get the questions off you. You made the scumslip of mentioning "Ten mafia and Three townies", now you've got to reap what you've sown. Your team has gotta Looove you.

As the last part of my case, I've noticed you've gotten a lot better at this suddenly. Which could mean you've wisened up, or it could also mean that you've got a scumboard, telling you what you're doing wrong, and how to fix this.
What's more, when I pull the 'Who would you pick as townie' question on you, brush it off and throw suspicion on me. It falls into the background, when I bring it up again. In response to this, you take your vote off me and start to defend me. Buddying. To be honest, not even I saw that until I looked back through the thread, but yes. From what I can obtain, your scumteam said to you 'We'll take Tack from here, you defend him.' This would not only give you credibility when I flip town, but it would also mean that I stop pursuing you.

And Elegy, before you address these suspicions, how about you first answer the Bloody Questions, and answer them right. Your scumbuddies should be telling you you're backed into a wall now, so cough up.
Who would you have picked as your scumteam and Who would you think would be another two townies

Lonewolf1 and SirBayer.
I can't piece as much concrete evidence on this as the above, however, as far as I can tell they are both attempting to begin a bandwagon on me. Yes, OMGUSsy, but, it seems to work.
Both of them could easily have agreed to hit at me in scumchat, and they then begin to fill the pages with posts attacking me. While I wasn't in the right state of mind to defend against these claims, I still probably couldn't have stopped the secondary effect.
Attention. A lot of posts, from 'many' different people, attacking me. And it keeps going. Reading back through the last few pages, I was barraged with evidence on Tack. Tack isn't replying, refute Tack's answers, Tack is a bumbling idiot.
Anything SirBayer could get on me, seems to have worked- including him pulling that stupid webadict spoiler. It had no effect on whether or not I could have been scum, and instead just pulled me into the spotlight more for no particular reason. Unless- he's scum and wants to start a bandwagon on me.

While the above paragraph could be shaken off as OMGUS- hopefully when I flip town it'll mean more.
However:

I also noticed that SirBayer, coming in late, also didn't have to answer the question of 'Who would you pick as your scumteam', or at least not in pages four, five, and six, where he first started posting. In fact, he was quiet at the start even after he'd started posting, possibly picking out who are the weak town targets.

Again, I only have suspicion on Lonewolf1 and SirBayer, something which I'll need to read back more to find.
However, Elegy reeks of scum to me. He makes scumslips, he doesn't answer questions that wouldn't be beneficial for scum to answer, and, Don't lynch me for this, but he's a sensible choice for a scumteam.
As I said at the start (Something which Lonewolf1 seemed to have jumped on). I'd have picked him if I was godfather.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:57 pm »

Do you have any real suspicions or do you plan to hop from person to person all day?

Well I've been debating between voting Tack or Org so far, as both have been pretty scummy IMO, but Org's absolute refusal to justify his actions has been bothering me since the beginning of the game. As a town, it is just frusterating and useless to see him to act like this.

Org. You claimed I was the one OMGUSing you, but looking back, it's very apparent that I voted you first. Did you lie to try and make false evidence against me, or are you simply not invested enough in the game to actually go back and check?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 20, 2010, 11:38:22 pm »

Well I've been debating between voting Tack or Org so far, as both have been pretty scummy IMO, but Org's absolute refusal to justify his actions has been bothering me since the beginning of the game. As a town, it is just frusterating and useless to see him to act like this.

Org. You claimed I was the one OMGUSing you, but looking back, it's very apparent that I voted you first. Did you lie to try and make false evidence against me, or are you simply not invested enough in the game to actually go back and check?
Right, but you also went after me and SirBayer at the Day start.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 21, 2010, 12:53:21 am »

Refraining from hopping on a bandwagon without adding to the attack is a scumtell?  Let me see...since bandwagoning is also a scumtell, then the only people who aren't scummy are those who hop onto a bandwagon with additions to the attack.  Which would mean every single person in this game who is not attacking SirBayer with an original attack is scummy.

No, doesn't work that way.

Why are you getting violently angry at a reasonable question?

I only ask that because you missed what I was asking by a touch. What I was asking was, why are you putting your appearance ahead of voting who you think is scum?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57