Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76357 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Day1 - [Replacement needed!]
« Reply #360 on: September 16, 2010, 10:57:38 pm »

You are very stupid.
You have acted scummy.
 I should know better?
What.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 16, 2010, 11:01:38 pm »

Of course you're going to say that, Org. You're scum and you know it, I know it, and pretty soon everyone else is gonna start figuring it out.

Au revoir.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 16, 2010, 11:01:41 pm »

I know it might seem like it, but any last "revenge" kills/lynches you wants after death aren't going to happen except through coincidences.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 16, 2010, 11:15:22 pm »

Yeah, pretty much. Flipping scum would make us want to vote certain people more. Flipping town I'd just give a 'What an idiot' sigh and move on.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2010, 11:17:06 pm »

Who cares about your other suspects?

I do.  Some other people have shown signs of caring, and in general it is helpful to carve out a number of suspicious people, rather than just one.

By examining the people a given individual goes after, we can often determine his or her scummitude.

Do you think you're cleared because you're chasing after harder targets?

No.

Does that make it more acceptable?

What is "it?"

Why do you care what we think about your targets?

You're attacking me for my behavior.  Obviously, I could just do whatever the hell I wanted, but that wouldn't be very good for the group as a whole--now would it?

Why did you even bother bringing it up? Because you know that you're hammering ToonyMan because he's the easy target.

I'm attacking ToonyMan because I think he's scum.  I brought up Jokerman's targets because I cared.  You're the one who brought up my targets.

Who ARE your other targets, Vector? Webadict? Come on. That's just vendetta and you know it. If you thought he was scum you'd be on him now. So who is it?

Currently I'm working on Jokerman and ToonyMan, while keeping an eye on you and Webadict and waiting for our various lurkers to reappear.  I haven't actually launched an attack on Webadict yet--and no, it's not vendetta.  It's a mild cast to his words that makes me wonder if I'm onto something.  There isn't anything specific I can accuse him of.  If we manage to take him down, it will only be in the later game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2010, 11:23:19 pm »

Remember, folks! The third and/or fourth people on a bandwagon are usually scum ;]
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 16, 2010, 11:46:41 pm »

Uh huh. And now you're trying to teach people how to play?
At least I stopped with the 7for7 talk when I realized how shit I actually am at this.

Bleh, I'm tired. See you all later.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #367 on: September 16, 2010, 11:51:46 pm »

Well, I just noticed that Zai is voting for Elegy. So unless they are clever clever scumbuddies, that puts my suspicions to dead.

I - what. I don't even. I don't even at all.

Thank you for the WIFOM. That's inane, stupid, and completely unnecessary.

I do like your Dr. Mcninja avatar, though. Props for that.
See, now THIS is acceptable for voting him, Vector.

I who what now

Remember, folks! The third and/or fourth people on a bandwagon are usually scum ;]

Hey, guess what? Vague attacks aren't acceptable anywhere on the scale.

VECTOR:

1. You'll note I didn't ask for them. You provided them, completely unprompted.

And yes, I am getting that out of you. Thank you, scumbucket.

2, 3. You're differentiating between yourself and your suspicion by saying that you have hard targets, while they do not. So either your answer there is a blatant lie, or you're admitting you're scum. And "it" is the whole chasing after the easy Toony lynch.

4. Isn't that what Town does? Whatever the hell they want? And what they want is to scumhunt.

And isn't behavior the basis for scum suspects?! Are you criticizing me for scumhunting?

5. No, I'm not the one who brought up your targets. I said you were being hypocritical for going after ToonyMan when you said that wasn't an acceptable thing for someone else to do. Then you said "But my case is different because of my other targets." Now we're here, and you're denying what you've already done. Guess who does that? Oh yeah, scum!

6. Haven't launched an attack on Webadict? Why not? You suspect him. He's here. You're waiting on lurkers again. I'm pretty sure you're the one who told me not to do that. You just love to stir up big havoc with Webadict, regardless of his alignment. Noise is good for a scumbucket. Like you.

And your excuse is that you don't have anything specific? Then perhaps you'd better actually do the work to pull it up or you'd better drop the suspicion. Sidelining on one of your targets like that is not helpful to anybody, and if you're not helpful...
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2010, 12:40:53 am »

1. Your statement prompted me to give them.  You said "you're doing exactly the same thing you're accusing the other guy of!" and I said "No, I'm not."

His third pick is my first pick, behind the two noobs.  There is a difference.

2. I'm saying that lurker- and noob-hunting is a fairly standard scumtell.  I'm not saying my targets are especially hard (I rate them a medium or so, with Zai and Webadict being "hard" and Elegy/Tack being "easy").

Toony isn't an especially easy player to lynch, in my point of view, especially since we have you to back him up and go "hurr, let's never lynch Toony because he's usually town and I can't read him!"  That is buddying and chainsaw defense, scumbucket.

3. I don't know how you turn "You're attacking me for my behavior.  Obviously, I could just do whatever the hell I wanted, but that wouldn't be very good for the group as a whole--now would it?" into "me criticizing you for scumhunting."  Overreaction noted.

Behavior is the basis for scum suspects.  My point is that if I don't want to be suspected pointlessly (i.e. because I am town), I had better keep tabs on my behavior.

4. Let's go over this again.

a. Jokerman says his targets are Elegy, Tack, and Toony.
b. Vector thinks "Hmm, those are 'easy targets' and he hasn't even been attacking them or questioning them at all.  Plus, he's not even bothering to vote."
c. SirBayer says "YOU'RE HYPOCRITICAL FOR VOTING TOONYMAN"
d. I say "No, this is about target-profiling, not about voting ToonyMan in and of itself.  I am not doing what I think Jokerman is doing--i.e., attacking a portfolio of weak targets.  In fact, here are my suspects, so that you don't have to take my word on it."
e. SirBayer says "OH MY GOD WHY ARE YOU MENTIONING YOUR SUSPECTS ARE YOU SCARED HUH HUH HUH"
f. blah blah blah blah blah

5. I haven't launched an attack on Webadict.  I have my hands full dealing with two people trying to crack me, the majority vote on my head, and two people I'm trying to crack myself.  I don't have time to get into another brawl with Webadict right now.

As you may have noted, I haven't been stirring anything up with Webadict (remember how he started the recriminations and the yelling and the attacking?).  In fact, that's what you're accusing me of--failing to stir things up with Webadict.  That's bad logic.

I don't have anything specific, and no... I'm not going to drop my suspicion just because you wish I would.  Sorry, sweetheart, that isn't how it works.  I'm not sidelining on him.  I'm not even attacking him.  I'm just leaving a trail.  A reminder.  "When I die, please look at Webface.  Don't just be scared of him.  I can't see anything conclusive, but there's something there--so look, damn it."

You want to talk about "not helpful?"  Go kick the lurkers!  I'm not being lynched because I'm not helpful.  I'm being lynched because two people voted and left, because Webby is either trying to get rid of a high-level player or really wants to know my alignment, and because you found somebody to jump on and twist around.  EVERYONE is waiting on the lurkers.  We can't do anything else!  I'm not waiting on them to defend myself, to find someone to attack... none of that.  I'm waiting on them to show up, decide whether they want to hang me or not, and get scum-hunting.  To be present.  If you aren't waiting for them, then you must not care whether or not we actually discover anyone's alignment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2010, 12:45:23 am »

I don't have anything specific, and no... I'm not going to drop my suspicion just because you wish I would.  Sorry, sweetheart, that isn't how it works.  I'm not sidelining on him.  I'm not even attacking him.  I'm just leaving a trail.  A reminder.  "When I die, please look at Webface.  Don't just be scared of him.  I can't see anything conclusive, but there's something there--so look, damn it."

I remember going over this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:29 am »

I remember going over this.

Huh?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:55 am »

I know it might seem like it, but any last "revenge" kills/lynches you wants after death aren't going to happen except through coincidences.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 17, 2010, 01:32:20 am »

Oh.  Yeah, I guess, but really... all I'm hoping for is that something I say will stick in somebody's mind.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 17, 2010, 01:43:01 am »

I'll remember 'You can do a lot with three inches'

So... Just keep that in mind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 17, 2010, 01:50:26 am »

*facepalm*

That and Genghis Khan, huh?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57