Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76169 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #300 on: September 16, 2010, 02:25:37 am »

Yeah, but you cuss more.

There's a difference between swearing and being condescending.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2010, 03:01:22 am »

Alright, Alright. I wasn't being condescending, I was being hypocritically helpful?

Or just helpful, to which end Ulogy shoved me off and told me I was being hypocritical.
This ain't mafia.
Can we get back to srs bsns?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2010, 04:39:59 am »

Oh right. Mafia. The whole reason we're here. Almost forgot about that.

Too tired now, gonna have to post tomorrow with something worthwhile.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2010, 07:45:40 am »

I literally have hundreds of posts quoted and ready to examine. Y'all're gonna hate me for the next post I make.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2010, 08:15:31 am »

I literally have hundreds of posts quoted and ready to examine. Y'all're gonna hate me for the next post I make.
And by this I mean after classes and work today. I thought I could get this up before I left but I am mistaken.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2010, 10:34:41 am »

Zai, not noticing that he is now tied for the chopping block thanks to my vote. Apparently he doesn't care enough to reply?
I noticed. I didn't think that bit was worthy of commenting on. Did you really expect me to say "o noez get ur vote off me!!!!! I CANT BE TIED"? If not, what exactly did you expect me to say? I replied to part of your vote-post. (But looking back, I see I failquoted you. You were the 4th quote in that post.)

Have you read the entire thread yet? If so, still think I'm scum?

I have caught up. More or less. I'm not... entirely unconvinced either, but towards the later pages you're either getting into your towngroove or working out how to be less irritable about people rightly accusing you of being scum. I'm not sure which it is. I don't have any leverage other than that, though, so I'll let you be until you do something else. Unvote Zai.

So who's my next target?

Spoiler: Vector (click to show/hide)

I also went over the Vector/Webadict argument in a little more detail, and I realized something pretty simple: Webadict is right. As usual, I suppose.

How can you excuse just wanting to lynch someone? Okay, yeah, we're town. That's our kill. But you're insisting that you're not stalling but rather just immune from the need to accumulate sufficient evidence. That's stupid. That's not townie. That's not reasonable, Vector.

In addition, regarding the meta: This is exactly what he looked like in Vote Mafia. And as I screamed at Mr. Person many times that game (sorry about that, Mr. Person), he rolled up town. This is normal. This is what he is right now. Stop making excuses.

Webadict: I look forward to it.

Elegy, Tack, Mr. Person: Oi. Elegy, if you think Tack's scum, vote him and draw up evidence. Tack, if you're done trolling, try actually scumhunting. Mr. Person... carry on. You're fine.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2010, 12:48:07 pm »

How can you excuse just wanting to lynch someone? Okay, yeah, we're town. That's our kill. But you're insisting that you're not stalling but rather just immune from the need to accumulate sufficient evidence. That's stupid. That's not townie. That's not reasonable, Vector.

In addition, regarding the meta: This is exactly what he looked like in Vote Mafia. And as I screamed at Mr. Person many times that game (sorry about that, Mr. Person), he rolled up town. This is normal. This is what he is right now. Stop making excuses.

No, I'm not immune from the need to accumulate sufficient evidence.  I have evidence.  I have collected it.  So go take a look at the umpteen million posts I've made that were, in fact, filled with evidence.  I've argued with ToonyMan on these points at least twice already, and the trail is here.

Furthermore: Am I only allowed to attack in a Bayer-approved manner, nowadays?  You were scum in Vote Mafia, you ass.  Forgive me if I don't feel like following your directions when it comes to whom I get to attack and whom I don't.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2010, 01:49:39 pm »

I ask the same of others, but Vector nooooooo.

Not too sure about Tack, looks like he's trying to look town guiding Elegy.  I wonder what Webadict has cooped up for us.

In the meantime, do you honestly think what you're doing right now Vector isn't hypocritical?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2010, 02:01:43 pm »

No, I'm not immune from the need to accumulate sufficient evidence.  I have evidence.  I have collected it.  So go take a look at the umpteen million posts I've made that were, in fact, filled with evidence.  I've argued with ToonyMan on these points at least twice already, and the trail is here.

Futhermore: Am I only allowed to attack in a Bayer-approved manner, nowadays?

Excuse me for scumhunting. Do you object to me bringing up arguments against you? Do you feel the need to react to my vote? Are you nervous? Because you sound like you are, and as far as I can tell, only scum gets nervous under pressure.

And hey, as far as I can tell, your argument hinges on the idea that this behavior is unusual. Again, I've experienced ToonyMan more recently than you (i.e. in another parallel game), apparently, and he was that way there too. Your argument is either a. based on faulty meta or b. an excuse to have a vote on someone. I suspect the latter, obviously, or I wouldn't be voting you.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2010, 06:42:57 pm »

Almost back, guys. Had some work to do, but I'm only a couple of minutes from home.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2010, 06:58:55 pm »

In the meantime, do you honestly think what you're doing right now Vector isn't hypocritical?

I don't consider it hypocrisy when I know that I've done something wrong and am doing what I can to fix it.  Let's say I OMGUS once, then go "crap, I OMGUSed.  Better stop doing that."  If I then attack someone who has OMGUSed two or three times, that doesn't make me a hypocrite.  I'm not saying I'm shiny perfect and peachy-clean.  I'm saying that you're doing scummy things.

Excuse me for scumhunting. Do you object to me bringing up arguments against you? Do you feel the need to react to my vote? Are you nervous? Because you sound like you are, and as far as I can tell, only scum gets nervous under pressure.

And hey, as far as I can tell, your argument hinges on the idea that this behavior is unusual. Again, I've experienced ToonyMan more recently than you (i.e. in another parallel game), apparently, and he was that way there too. Your argument is either a. based on faulty meta or b. an excuse to have a vote on someone. I suspect the latter, obviously, or I wouldn't be voting you.

You're the fourth vote on me, and I'm on the table for the lynch.  I'm getting a little bit annoyed at having people jump down my throat.  Of course I'm reacting to your vote.  It's not like we're sitting in RVS or something.

My argument hinges on the idea that ToonyMan's behavior is scummy.  From what I know of his meta, it is still scummy.

Jokerman-EXE and Org, who do you think are scum?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2010, 07:02:18 pm »

Jokerman-EXE and Org, who do you think are scum?

I sort of feel like Tack and Mr.Person are scum, but that's just a gut feeling. For Tack, it's his general attitude this game that makes me feel like he's off. With Mr.Person, it's just a vibe I'm getting when he posts.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2010, 07:04:43 pm »

I sort of feel like Tack and Mr.Person are scum, but that's just a gut feeling. For Tack, it's his general attitude this game that makes me feel like he's off. With Mr.Person, it's just a vibe I'm getting when he posts.

I suggest you put your vote where your mouth is.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2010, 07:05:23 pm »

When does the day end? I'm not sure I want to place a vote based on just a feeling. I'd also like a Vote Count.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2010, 07:06:26 pm »

Day ends tomorrow.

Is there some reason why you shouldn't be voting to lynch someone?  Also, if you aren't sure, then why aren't you doing more to find out if you can get something more than "feelings?"

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57