Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76240 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2010, 05:56:47 pm »

He was last active Sep. 12th, around when the game started.  He didn't even RVS.  That implies a passive disposition ill-fitting in someone who tends to be as... active-minded? as Bayer.  I don't mean that he's the most active player.  What I mean is that he tends to jump onto the easy parts of Mafia rather eagerly, and I see this as unusual behavior from him.

What it looks like is that he got his PM, and then decided to let everyone else argue.
Really. So... you're saying that this guy just looked at his inbox and just didn't bother? I mean, that's totally scummy, but it's also the single-most unprovable suspicion you've got. I mean, sure, he's not posting, but that doesn't make someone scum.

Unless, of course, your lack of posting is an indication of your scummitude? I mean, you tend to post fair amounts, but you're not. Using your logic, you just looked at your inbox and figured you'd activelurk. What with your unusual posting style, that means you're scum.

Will the hypocrisy never end with you?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2010, 05:58:29 pm »

Read my posts Vector, it helps.
It may work for the other parts, but it doesn't answer the "why haven't you been actively questioning those individuals?" part.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2010, 06:03:27 pm »

Really. So... you're saying that this guy just looked at his inbox and just didn't bother? I mean, that's totally scummy, but it's also the single-most unprovable suspicion you've got. I mean, sure, he's not posting, but that doesn't make someone scum.

A suspicion is a suspicion.

Unless, of course, your lack of posting is an indication of your scummitude? I mean, you tend to post fair amounts, but you're not. Using your logic, you just looked at your inbox and figured you'd activelurk. What with your unusual posting style, that means you're scum.

I have been posting.  I haven't been posting as much as I should have been, and as such I am currently rectifying the situation.  Bayer got his two days, and now it's time to get on someone else's case.

Toonyman, here are your posts.  All of them.

Spoiler: I rest my case (click to show/hide)

Really exemplary play there, scumbucket.  Go die.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2010, 06:07:28 pm »

A suspicion is a suspicion.

I have been posting.  I haven't been posting as much as I should have been, and as such I am currently rectifying the situation.  Bayer got his two days, and now it's time to get on someone else's case.
Right, so you're saying that somebody who has yet to post (And is therefore a null player) is one of your suspicions. Which can hardly be convincing for the rest of your list. I mean, who would take that seriously?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2010, 06:13:38 pm »

Day 1 here people.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2010, 06:16:03 pm »

Right, so you're saying that somebody who has yet to post (And is therefore a null player) is one of your suspicions. Which can hardly be convincing for the rest of your list. I mean, who would take that seriously?

Yes, I suspect him.  Who do you want me to suspect, Webadict?  Would you feel better if I cooked up a pretty case for Zai?

Or are you having problems because I hit the scumteam on the head?

I also like your little maneuver to generate a lack of confidence in my list.  Clever, but no thanks.

Day 1 here people.

I don't give a soaring screw about it being D1.  You're scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2010, 06:17:45 pm »

Day 1 here people.
No.

ToonyMan, That's enough passivity out of you. Saying that it is Day 1 and therefor not worth it to scumhunt is beyond scummy. If you're not going to help find scum, you either are scum or you're helping them.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2010, 06:26:37 pm »

Day 1 here people.
No.

ToonyMan, That's enough passivity out of you. Saying that it is Day 1 and therefor not worth it to scumhunt is beyond scummy. If you're not going to help find scum, you either are scum or you're helping them.
Lol, fail.

Yes, I suspect him.  Who do you want me to suspect, Webadict?  Would you feel better if I cooked up a pretty case for Zai?

Or are you having problems because I hit the scumteam on the head?

I also like your little maneuver to generate a lack of confidence in my list.  Clever, but no thanks.
Hahaha, you can't HIT the scumteam on the head with a four-player guess. And does it look like Im freaking out about your list? Nah, I'm just letting you hang yourself.

Your lack of confidence is due to you not having a good case for anyone but maybe ToonyMan. Maybe. I would understand greatly if you had no confidence at all, actually, because it's like you just randomized the entire thing and said screw the evidence, I've got rules.

Besides the fact that you're doing everything you're accusing your suspicions of doing, you're also only using evidence you gather from me defending myself as minimal effort to come up with a poorly contrived attack. I think that you need a little break before you come back here and try to WIFOM everyone into not voting your scummy self.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2010, 07:06:54 pm »

But I could take a flying leap out into the open and say this:
Any chance that SirBayer won't actually come into the air? Right now, as much as we're all complaining about him, he's right at the bottom of everyone's sus. list.

And Zai, I vote for you, you barrage me with questions. I answered all of your questions, you ask more. I answer those, you abuse me.
Might not be OMGUS, but as far as I can tell you're determined to keep me on the back foot until I take my vote off you.

Also, Elegy- You still haven't given an answer to my question.
What evidence do you have of me being scum? Back it up, Bro!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2010, 07:09:57 pm »

Lonewolf- Thanks for pointing out SirBayer. I also see 'low profile players' as people who aren't really well known on here. While you wouldn't consider yourself to be new, and, I've come to the realisation that you're new, I, specifically, haven't seen you play much. So that's just part of my opinion. If you're up in the ranks with Webadict and Pandaseric, then I apologise, and the list would be just Sirbayer, Elegy and I.
However, the reason why I'm using 'The Low Profile characters' For a reason is simply because my scum team would be a mix of both- Something I also said before. I'm also including myself in the group, because, simply put, I'm part of that group. NOT including me in that would be a scumtell.
So, you defend your scumslip with more WIFOM?  That doesn't help at all.  Try harder.

I'm not in the ranks of Wuba or Pandar, but I have been active for the past few months.  I take it you're defining low profile as Lurky, Newb, or both?

Mr.Person has his game face, as usual.

I sense no sarcasm in this statement, so I'm going to act as though there is none.
Maybe no sarcasm, but I sense some buddying, Toony.   Get your own game face on and start hunting.

Oh man, my head feels broken now. Once I feel better I'm going to go run BYOT's night then catch up in this. Urgh.
Welcome back.  I want your opinion of Elegy, Tack, Toony, Vector, and Zai included in your analysis.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2010, 07:13:33 pm »

Also, Elegy- You still haven't given an answer to my question.
What evidence do you have of me being scum? Back it up, Bro!

I'd post more, but I'd rather not have to dig up every post of yours for the inumerable amounts of scumtells, so I'll just go with your most recent one.

This post for "might as well lynch me there's a pretty big chance I'm mafia"
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2010, 07:17:42 pm »

Hahaha, you can't HIT the scumteam on the head with a four-player guess. And does it look like Im freaking out about your list? Nah, I'm just letting you hang yourself.

Your lack of confidence is due to you not having a good case for anyone but maybe ToonyMan. Maybe. I would understand greatly if you had no confidence at all, actually, because it's like you just randomized the entire thing and said screw the evidence, I've got rules.

Besides the fact that you're doing everything you're accusing your suspicions of doing, you're also only using evidence you gather from me defending myself as minimal effort to come up with a poorly contrived attack. I think that you need a little break before you come back here and try to WIFOM everyone into not voting your scummy self.

I can't hang myself, because no one is voting for me.  I have a good case for Toony and hell, that's all I need right now--if I can hit one member of the scumteam, then I can worry about the others tomorrow.

If you want me dead, Webby, then come vote me.  Don't just sit around being insulting, make a case.  Do something.  You aren't the fish I'm trying to fry right now... that comes D2.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2010, 07:18:13 pm »

Already listed my suspicious people, nothing past what I see from their posts except Mr.Person who I quoted the offending post.  I said Day 1 cause most of my evidence is intuition (for Day 1, just so you get the point really really sharply), but people can't read.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2010, 07:19:17 pm »

Already listed my suspicious people, nothing past what I see from their posts except Mr.Person who I quoted the offending post.  I said Day 1 cause most of my evidence is intuition (for Day 1, just so you get the point really really sharply), but people can't read.

So... create some evidence?  I dunno, man.  This just all feels wrong.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2010, 07:23:54 pm »

Vector, you're voting me for not having evidence, that vote is in itself not having any evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 57