Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76274 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2010, 02:28:32 pm »

This game is being really stupid, damn.  I'm going to keep my vote on Zai.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2010, 03:03:09 pm »

Oh man, my head feels broken now. Once I feel better I'm going to go run BYOT's night then catch up in this. Urgh.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2010, 03:42:59 pm »

And you never answered the question, by the way. Why did you pass up on attacking Zai and Elegy and instead just called them both scummy and not giving opinions?

I said they were suspicious, not scummy. Which is an opinion.

And I certainly do not want to attack myself.

ToonyMan: Why are you keeping your vote on Zai without pressing the issue further? There are a dozen players in this game, there are more people to question. Or are you just trying to get Zai lynched without drawing any attention to yourself?
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2010, 03:45:12 pm »

I'm aggravated at this game and after scanning through Zai doesn't improve.

Second choices would be Mr.Person and Tack.

Mystery choice would be Josh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2010, 03:45:56 pm »

You officially suspect people? That's hilarious! There's also a scumteam of four people. That's pretty impressive.

Yeah, yeah, BLUH BLUH HUGE DICK.

Moving on... I can suspect more than a scumteam's worth, and you're sidelining hard.  You basically aren't playing the game at this point.  You come in, defend yourself, make these feeble little attacks, and... nothing.

Really, Webadict?  Is this all you have in you?
Nah, I had a big project due. It was keeping me preoccupied. You, on the other hand, need to step it up. Who are you voting? Can you really find nothing else to do but define Mafia terms for us?

How can you be so hypocritical? You haven't done anything! You wanna speak about feeble attacks? "These people are suspicious." Not playing the game? "Buddying is..."

So, is that all YOU have in you? I mean, I can finish a project and say "game on." But, can you actually make an attack that's worth a dime? Even THIS attack is a kid-gloved. You didn't even get on my case about it. I was half-expecting a full barrage, but I guess you're quartered. Maybe tomorrow you'll have the strength to post how my attack is a mirror of yours and manage to come up with a sentence or two more.

So, cut the crap and either get going on finding the mafia. Or are you afraid of a little attack?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »

No, I'm not scared.  I'm currently voting Bayer, since he hasn't shown up to play the goddamned game.

I'm also in the middle of reapplying to college, which is an enormous mess.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2010, 04:00:56 pm »

Yeah, spare us your life stories. Not to be too much of a dick or anything, but I don't give a flying fuck about your life. If you're not available, you're not available. No need to explain why.

I think I officially suspect Webadict, ToonyMan, SirBayer, and Pandarsenic.

Especially the first two.

Well, Elegy's been both reasonable and totally non-suspicious, unvote and vote Vector. Care to give a reason for these "official" suspicions?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2010, 04:04:23 pm »

Mr.Person has his game face, as usual.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2010, 04:05:30 pm »

No, I'm not scared.  I'm currently voting Bayer, since he hasn't shown up to play the goddamned game.

I'm also in the middle of reapplying to college, which is an enormous mess.
Question: How can you be reasonably suspicious of someone who has yet to post?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2010, 04:08:08 pm »

Mr.Person has his game face, as usual.

I sense no sarcasm in this statement, so I'm going to act as though there is none.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2010, 05:10:46 pm »

EDUREN: Can we get a votecount? Also, a prod for SirBayer, please.

[PPE:]
Don't make up a fake attack on a percieved easy target if you have no evidence to back it up. It goes double if you're being an enormous hypocrite in your reasoning.
Wait so who are you talking to here? It looks like you might be talking to yourself.
Org.
I got that you were saying that to Org. But good for you for not acknowledging what I really meant. Here's what that post meant: "What you're saying here could easily apply to you too."

Zai, to be honest, is being a loose cannon. Admittedly, he's stuck on me right now
Right, sure I am. That's why my vote's on Elegy. You can go on thinking that if you'd like though. Just don't expect me or anyone else to take you seriously while you do.

@Tack, shut the fuck up and get back in your corner. If you have nothing to say, just sit down and don't say anything at all.
Reaction.

It also means that you've gotten rid of one of the three (or four) people who are 'new', and in my books, are most likely to be scum.
Don't do that. You're letting the gametype WIFOM you (what you're saying here is "newbies are the people most likely to be picked to be scum) and then sharing it with the town. Bad.

TACK: You never answered my questions from the following quote (responding to this post of yours):
..."begun to OMGUS a lot", Tack? Where? And what do you mean "gotten really, really heated with the OMGUS"?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2010, 05:35:37 pm »

Haha. I wasn't being serious earlier. I was making fun of elegy for his raaaaeg.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2010, 05:41:31 pm »

Haha. I wasn't being serious earlier. I was making fun of elegy for his raaaaeg.
No, really? I couldn't tell. You looked like your stupid old self.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2010, 05:45:42 pm »

Well, Elegy's been both reasonable and totally non-suspicious, unvote and vote Vector. Care to give a reason for these "official" suspicions?

::)

Never going to live that diction down.

Anyway, to say it again: I don't like Webby's sidelining, and even though he's back he still feels off to me.  Similar for ToonyMan.  There's a lot of "here I am keeping out of the action" going on--and though I'll admit that I haven't been posting as much as I should, I'm not cluttering things up with inanities like "Mr.Person has his game face as usual."

Pandarsenic is also out of things, but he tends to sideline more than Web or Toony, so he's lower on the suspicions list.

Question: How can you be reasonably suspicious of someone who has yet to post?

He was last active Sep. 12th, around when the game started.  He didn't even RVS.  That implies a passive disposition ill-fitting in someone who tends to be as... active-minded? as Bayer.  I don't mean that he's the most active player.  What I mean is that he tends to jump onto the easy parts of Mafia rather eagerly, and I see this as unusual behavior from him.

What it looks like is that he got his PM, and then decided to let everyone else argue.

Anyway:

Eduren, please prod SirBayer.

UnvoteToonyMan, who do you suspect, why, and why haven't you been actively questioning those individuals?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »

Read my posts Vector, it helps.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57