Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76351 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #150 on: September 13, 2010, 11:30:10 pm »

I believe my suspicions may have just been proven correct.
There might not be anything more I need to say here anyway.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2010, 11:32:52 pm »

If buddying Org is the last thing you're going to say, then go ahead. You've already proven that you're not only completely incompetent at mafia, but are just generally pretty fucking awful at reading what people are saying.

I am attacking Org, because he has to answer for his scummy actions, and because he is backing himself into a corner with his flawed reasoning.

You are right about one thing though, there is nothing else you need to say.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2010, 11:38:50 pm »

Alright, Jokerman. Call me newb, but I've got no idea what you're on about.

I missed Lonewolf's post where, as you said:
When you come back, you sink your teeth into Tack with a vengeance.
I get it. I missed a post. It doesn't make me immediately scum.

Also, I don't get what you mean by buddying. Isn't buddying when you be nice to someone, in order to get their vote off you?

I'm not going to call you a newb. It's your first game, you don't know the ropes yet. It happens, I remember when it happens to me.

The post you've quoted has like, nothing to do with you. I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to prove with it, but I was talking to Lonewolf there. Vector already explained what buddying is, and the element I was talking about was this:

I dunno, Jokerman. I think he was just trying to be helpful.

Protip: Don't ever do this. Don't get involved in an argument unless you have something to contribute - and telling me what you think he was doing is not contributing. It can be one of a few things: you being tricked into thinking whatever it is he wants you to think; buddying, which is what it felt like here; or you covering for a scumbuddy. None of that looks good on you. So next time, just stay out of it.

Joker, let me just say this. If I get lynched, then life goes on.
It COULD be a wasted lynch, But.
It also means that you've gotten rid of one of the three (or four) people who are 'new', and in my books, are most likely to be scum.

I put myself in the list because I'm new. I say it, it's there. On my reasoning, I'd have picked me, Elegy or Lonewolf for a mafia. I said it. It's there.
I know I'm town, so if I get lynched and flip town, it'll help concrete my suspicions against Elegy or Lonewolf.
Of course, if Zai, Elegy, or Lonewolf get lynched first day, it'll help cut out the middle-man by a significant margain.
And I'll have my neck, which is also helpful.

This is the best argument I can get on a first day. Let me know about my newb-tells, and I'll try and become an exemplary town.

This, Tack? This is good Town-type thinking. I'm going to unvote Tack for now; I'm not clearing you, but I'm getting a very Towny feel from you and I think you're still learning. What you said in this post is exactly the way you should be thinking. Maybe you are Town, and maybe we're going to make a mistake and lynch you. Instead of focusing on that, you should focus on making your suspicions known so we can pick them up if you die and flip Town. Because you win even if you're dead, as long as the Town wins.

Yeah, Elegy. It's good that you're being aggressive now.
But you're starting to make yourself look like a fool.

I hope you aren't panicking now that Zai pushed you out in the big, bad world?

@Vector.
So was mentioning Zai there buddying?

What was this? He was talking to Org and you jumped in again with what appears to be an accusation. Build on it, because I don't think I'm the only one that has no idea where this came from.

Scum don't gain anything, and town don't lose anything if you give information that helps the town.

@Tack, shut the fuck up and get back in your corner. If you have nothing to say, just sit down and don't say anything at all.

Elegy, what's this about? Defensive to the max?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2010, 11:41:04 pm »

Tack attacked me out of nowhere with reasons that came from thin air. I told him off. That was what happened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2010, 11:44:33 pm »

Stop sending me invitations to your wine tasting party. I don't want to go.
It was my response to that. To me that just seems like aggrivatory bullshit. Say- if someone had to talk so that they didn't get voted for again, but didn't know what to say.
Also, Elegy, you're trying too hard to be funny. This is a scum-hunt, not a wine tasting party, and not a metaphor swap.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2010, 12:00:48 am »

Scum don't gain anything, and town don't lose anything if you give information that helps the town.

@Tack, shut the fuck up and get back in your corner. If you have nothing to say, just sit down and don't say anything at all.
There is aggresive and being an asshole.
Also, you are being stupid. I dont get tue right reads on people day one always. Scum can use wrong suspicions if smart enough. So, you shut the fuck up. You have crossed Org's line. You are scum.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2010, 12:08:58 am »

Damn, dudes, it's just a game. Chill. :D

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2010, 12:12:12 am »

Woah, I forgot he was here.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2010, 12:13:42 am »

Damn, dudes, it's just a game. Chill. :D

Seriously.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2010, 12:14:32 am »

I think I officially suspect Webadict, ToonyMan, SirBayer, and Pandarsenic.

Especially the first two.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2010, 12:18:57 am »

Well it's good to know even the great and powerful Org can be serious if he's prodded enough.

Unvote

Very well, hold onto your suspicions. Hopefully they will come in handy later.

Sorry for being an asshole. I have been up for 10 hours doing almost nothing but studying, writing papers, and going to labs. It's no excuse, but jesus I am flustered, and when you act like an idiot, Elegy get aingery.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2010, 12:19:48 am »

And on that note: I am getting much needed sleep. I will post more late tommorow. Hopefully SirBayer will have made a post by then..

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2010, 01:13:42 am »

Mr. Person, there have been others who haven't been ready to commit to saying somebody is scummy or not. I.E. Webadict a few posts back. Why single me out? It would be fairly easy for scum to try to lynch a new player on day one.

Can't pass up scumminess when it's there, no matter who makes it.

And you never answered the question, by the way. Why did you pass up on attacking Zai and Elegy and instead just called them both scummy and not giving opinions?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2010, 06:43:20 am »

Vector, you were in my first game too. You, personally, voted and killed me for dropping one scumtell when I buddied Janus.

I remember it distinctly because I hated you deeply for it.

You can't be that much of a newbie that you drop every tell in the book.

Just wondering--were you scum at the time?

To make this completely clear, I've seen newbies drop tell after tell after tell, and generally after you scream at them for a while they shape up and turn into exemplary townies.  That's why I'm not jumping into the middle of this enormous... thing... right now.  My suspicion is that we have two newbies being torn new ones by Zai and various other people--so they may be scum or town, but at the moment this is just them learning to play the game.

Also, Webadict is scum.
Incorrect.

I think I officially suspect Webadict, ToonyMan, SirBayer, and Pandarsenic.

Especially the first two.
You officially suspect people? That's hilarious! There's also a scumteam of four people. That's pretty impressive.

Anything I can "officially" defend against, or do you just plan to wait it out and use information that just drops.

Also, back to Zai.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:58 pm »

You officially suspect people? That's hilarious! There's also a scumteam of four people. That's pretty impressive.

Yeah, yeah, BLUH BLUH HUGE DICK.

Moving on... I can suspect more than a scumteam's worth, and you're sidelining hard.  You basically aren't playing the game at this point.  You come in, defend yourself, make these feeble little attacks, and... nothing.

Really, Webadict?  Is this all you have in you?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 57