Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76375 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2010, 10:38:13 pm »

Vector, you were in my first game too. You, personally, voted and killed me for dropping one scumtell when I buddied Janus.

I remember it distinctly because I hated you deeply for it.

You can't be that much of a newbie that you drop every tell in the book.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2010, 10:39:11 pm »

And look. He does it again.

How about this: You're the newborn fucking lamb, trying to suck milk from a damned pack of wolves.
Yeah, your middle finger. You're really so clever, Elegy. So how about putting FoS on people YOU THINK ARE SCUM.
NOT PEOPLE WHO REFUTE YOUR ARGUMENTS.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »

Whoops

Let me clarify:

I think you're scum :]
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2010, 10:41:29 pm »

Org: Saying I was being passive (and therein "unhelpful" or "useless") is hypocritical when you're dicking around voting whoever says your name in their post.

It's like you've devoted your entire play strategy to making sure that second quote of yours in your sig comes true. Well guess what, that ain't gonna fly in my town, bucko. I'm the bullshit sheriff, and you're out of line.
Actually, I said passive. Scummy. I was getting reactions, a perfectly towny thing to do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2010, 10:43:27 pm »

Vector, you were in my first game too. You, personally, voted and killed me for dropping one scumtell when I buddied Janus.

I remember it distinctly because I hated you deeply for it.

You can't be that much of a newbie that you drop every tell in the book.

Just wondering--were you scum at the time?

To make this completely clear, I've seen newbies drop tell after tell after tell, and generally after you scream at them for a while they shape up and turn into exemplary townies.  That's why I'm not jumping into the middle of this enormous... thing... right now.  My suspicion is that we have two newbies being torn new ones by Zai and various other people--so they may be scum or town, but at the moment this is just them learning to play the game.

Also, Webadict is scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2010, 10:43:56 pm »

Alright, Jokerman. Call me newb, but I've got no idea what you're on about.

I missed Lonewolf's post where, as you said:
When you come back, you sink your teeth into Tack with a vengeance.
I get it. I missed a post. It doesn't make me immediately scum.

Also, I don't get what you mean by buddying. Isn't buddying when you be nice to someone, in order to get their vote off you?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2010, 10:45:18 pm »

Org: Well that's bullshit and you know it. But let's entertain the thought that you were acting like that "for reactions" -although how you could expect anything but "wow org sure is being fucking useless" is beyond me. Would you mind sharing with the rest of the town what sort of town-helping data you managed to dig up with your amazing voting strategy?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2010, 10:50:49 pm »

Joker, let me just say this. If I get lynched, then life goes on.
It COULD be a wasted lynch, But.
It also means that you've gotten rid of one of the three (or four) people who are 'new', and in my books, are most likely to be scum.

I put myself in the list because I'm new. I say it, it's there. On my reasoning, I'd have picked me, Elegy or Lonewolf for a mafia. I said it. It's there.
I know I'm town, so if I get lynched and flip town, it'll help concrete my suspicions against Elegy or Lonewolf.
Of course, if Zai, Elegy, or Lonewolf get lynched first day, it'll help cut out the middle-man by a significant margain.
And I'll have my neck, which is also helpful.

This is the best argument I can get on a first day. Let me know about my newb-tells, and I'll try and become an exemplary town.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2010, 10:51:13 pm »

Isn't buddying when you be nice to someone, in order to get their vote off you?

Buddying is when you make yourself townie allies, so that you can lead them around and basically get yourself multiple votes/a really big, destructive scumteam.  There's lots of ways to do this: attacking someone who is attacking the potential buddy, compliments, leniency, being funny, attacking someone that everyone dislikes for aggression or personality traits, expressing interest in the target, running a research on the target's out-of-thread posts and creating a performance profile to nest with the target's "latent personality," being nice out-of-thread to build karma and mutual leniency in-game.  Matching speech registers is an old favorite.

Some of these methods are more detectable than others, but for me, they all fall under "buddying" of one flavor or another.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2010, 10:52:43 pm »

Joker, let me just say this. If I get lynched, then life goes on.
It COULD be a wasted lynch, But.
It also means that you've gotten rid of one of the three (or four) people who are 'new', and in my books, are most likely to be scum.

I put myself in the list because I'm new. I say it, it's there. On my reasoning, I'd have picked me, Elegy or Lonewolf for a mafia. I said it. It's there.
I know I'm town, so if I get lynched and flip town, it'll help concrete my suspicions against Elegy or Lonewolf.
Of course, if Zai, Elegy, or Lonewolf get lynched first day, it'll help cut out the middle-man by a significant margain.
And I'll have my neck, which is also helpful.

This is the best argument I can get on a first day. Let me know about my newb-tells, and I'll try and become an exemplary town.

Stop sending me invitations to your wine tasting party. I don't want to go.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2010, 11:05:14 pm »

Org: Well that's bullshit and you know it. But let's entertain the thought that you were acting like that "for reactions" -although how you could expect anything but "wow org sure is being fucking useless" is beyond me. Would you mind sharing with the rest of the town what sort of town-helping data you managed to dig up with your amazing voting strategy?
Nah. Its best left to me.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2010, 11:08:05 pm »

You are openly saying that you are refusing to help the town with your findings.

Okay.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2010, 11:09:22 pm »

Am I?
More like not sharing it with scum and town.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 13, 2010, 11:20:59 pm »

Yeah, Elegy. It's good that you're being aggressive now.
But you're starting to make yourself look like a fool.

I hope you aren't panicking now that Zai pushed you out in the big, bad world?

@Vector.
So was mentioning Zai there buddying?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 13, 2010, 11:23:40 pm »

Scum don't gain anything, and town don't lose anything if you give information that helps the town.

@Tack, shut the fuck up and get back in your corner. If you have nothing to say, just sit down and don't say anything at all.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57