Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76339 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2010, 10:10:02 pm »

Questions are attacks?
Excuse me, I am so silly! I thought you needed facts and coherent paragraphs for an attack. Also, insults. Those work too. Also, asking someone if someone else is scummy is kinda eh, seeing as how you were kinda deflecting onto someone else. Nice try though!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:34 pm »

Questions are attacks?
Excuse me, I am so silly! I thought you needed facts and coherent paragraphs for an attack. Also, insults. Those work too. Also, asking someone if someone else is scummy is kinda eh, seeing as how you were kinda deflecting onto someone else. Nice try though!
That's funny. I thought you needed words!

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 13, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »

It seemed scummy that you would go and toss your vote on me when you seemed to have found more scummy players that you were attacking in different threads.
Nice of you to decide who I think is most scummy for me, Dead Dirge! Too bad I like to keep each game I'm playing in separate from the others.
Sorry for being unclear, but I meant "threads of thought" not physical forum threads. My bad.

[PPE:]
Don't make up a fake attack on a percieved easy target if you have no evidence to back it up. It goes double if you're being an enormous hypocrite in your reasoning.
Wait so who are you talking to here? It looks like you might be talking to yourself.
Org.

Questions are attacks?

Are we being sarcastic now to avoid owning up to our wrongs? How fun! I can't wait to take part in this action!

unvote

Org It's time you were a little more commital towards the shit you say and do. Your attack was beyond hypocritical, and now you're trying to pass over that fact with sarcasm. That ain't gonna fly, scum-dumpster.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2010, 10:18:44 pm »

Lonewolf I, what's the deal?

You come out of nowhere to vote for Tack. Which would be fine except that you claim that not only do you not think he's scum, but you're just "pressuring" him. Then you go silent for a while, but leave your vote in place. When you come back, you sink your teeth into Tack with a vengeance.

So what is it? Do you still think he's not scum, or are you simply trying to slip by with your vote in place and hope that no one notices you creating the start of what could become an easy bandwagon? Because it feels to me like you're prompting people to kick the new guy before he knows how to fight back.
Because I didn't think he was scum, and I was just pressuring him.  Me going silent for a while was when I was running around town getting my car inspected and registered, and then spending the afternoon cleaning it.  I come back and find that Tack is only digging himself deeper into the hole, so I'm applying more pressure.

Don't dodge the direct question, Lonewolf. Do you currently think he's scum or not?
Yes. I think his including himself under the 'Low Profile' description and calling people out as scum for it is a scumslip rather than a newbslip.

Unvote Lonewolf. Good answer because WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BUDDYING?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:48 pm »

Well, I've been Barraged with so many questions, it's hard to find and answer them all. But I'll give it a shot.

Lonewolf- Thanks for pointing out SirBayer. I also see 'low profile players' as people who aren't really well known on here. While you wouldn't consider yourself to be new, and, I've come to the realisation that you're new, I, specifically, haven't seen you play much. So that's just part of my opinion. If you're up in the ranks with Webadict and Pandaseric, then I apologise, and the list would be just Sirbayer, Elegy and I.
However, the reason why I'm using 'The Low Profile characters' For a reason is simply because my scum team would be a mix of both- Something I also said before. I'm also including myself in the group, because, simply put, I'm part of that group. NOT including me in that would be a scumtell.

Elegy, you're not answering questions clearly. Retaliating against my accusation is just another way of avoiding questions.
Here's a question, Why did you vote me?

Zai, to be honest, is being a loose cannon. Admittedly, he's stuck on me right now, but as far as I can see, the more questions of his I've answered, the more aggressive and abusive he's become. Sure, which is a great way to play town, but I'm certainly not feeling the pressure, and he's just drawing more and more attention to himself.
And I don't need to get into any personal WIFOM about whether or not he knows what he's doing. He seems like scum, then hell, no matter how much more he knows, I'm gonna call a bloddy spade a spade.

Zai, I think you're scum. So far, the votes are on Lonewolf and I. Lonewolf might be scum, but when I get lynched and flip town, I'm guessing the next round is going to be you. If you don't get Night Killed first. People who take take and throw attention tend to make us not see the rest of the people in the game.

And on that note- SirBayer, where the hell are you?

Anyway, Zai.
Being aggressive is a good move for town. Being overly aggressive like you are just makes you seem like you're trying too hard.
I don't want huge quote pyramids everywhere. It just takes up space, and serves to make my posts cause tl;dr.
Also:
Well, Zai, I bow to your greater knowledge. But it's mostly due to the fact that you've been playing long enough that you shouldn't be so bad a player that you'd be overly defensive if you were scum.
This is about how my mind went after saying this.
'If he was good enough to have me think that, then he'd do that on purpose.' 'Or he could just be a bad player'.
Stop making me bring out WIFOM situations in order to answer your useless questions. It isn't helpful.

Again, sorry guys, but I'm gonna skip the ninjas.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2010, 10:28:33 pm »

It seemed scummy that you would go and toss your vote on me when you seemed to have found more scummy players that you were attacking in different threads.
Nice of you to decide who I think is most scummy for me, Dead Dirge! Too bad I like to keep each game I'm playing in separate from the others.
Sorry for being unclear, but I meant "threads of thought" not physical forum threads. My bad.

[PPE:]
Don't make up a fake attack on a percieved easy target if you have no evidence to back it up. It goes double if you're being an enormous hypocrite in your reasoning.
Wait so who are you talking to here? It looks like you might be talking to yourself.
Org.

Questions are attacks?

Are we being sarcastic now to avoid owning up to our wrongs? How fun! I can't wait to take part in this action!

unvote

Org It's time you were a little more commital towards the shit you say and do. Your attack was beyond hypocritical, and now you're trying to pass over that fact with sarcasm. That ain't gonna fly, scum-dumpster.
Huh wut

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2010, 10:30:27 pm »

Tack, I've changed my vote once. I've also answered every question been asked of me.

What the hell are you talking about.

Also I voted for you because you were handing out logical fallacies like you were the only employee at the Scum-Mart on black friday.

@Org: I don't care if you don't want to own up to the fact you're acting like a moron. I'm not changing my vote until you show an iota of interest in this game on a level beyond furthering your own "org acts like a moron but is a pretty cool guy" ego.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:02 pm »

How was it hypocritical.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »

Tack, I've changed my vote once. I've also answered every question been asked of me.

What the hell are you talking about.

Also I voted for you because you were handing out logical fallacies like you were the only employee at the Scum-Mart on black friday.

@Org: I don't care if you don't want to own up to the fact you're acting like a moron. I'm not changing my vote until you show an iota of interest in this game on a level beyond furthering your own "org acts like a moron but is a pretty cool guy" ego.

I think you and I are going to get along well, guy.
BLARG IM DED

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2010, 10:32:50 pm »

Good answer because WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BUDDYING?
Oh, and I missed Lonewolf's huge declamatory post further up, Joker.
Heh.
So it's cool, Lonewolf. I still hate you.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 13, 2010, 10:33:30 pm »

Org: Saying I was being passive (and therein "unhelpful" or "useless") is hypocritical when you're dicking around voting whoever says your name in their post.

It's like you've devoted your entire play strategy to making sure that second quote of yours in your sig comes true. Well guess what, that ain't gonna fly in my town, bucko. I'm the bullshit sheriff, and you're out of line.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:22 pm »

Yeah, Josh said 'Fatalistic Fallacy'.
Somehow I think you've got no idea about the words you just said, you just wanted to throw down a cool simile.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2010, 10:35:33 pm »

Good answer because WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BUDDYING?
Oh, and I missed Lonewolf's huge declamatory post further up, Joker.
Heh.
So it's cool, Lonewolf. I still hate you.
That's still buddying, Tack, and your "explanation" is bullshit. You can't laugh something like that off. I know this is one of  your first games; I made the same mistake in my first game too. But you've dropped too many newbtells to be believable anymore.
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2010, 10:36:29 pm »

But you've dropped too many newbtells to be believable anymore.

He's so much of a newbie that he must be scum?

Holy terrible logic, Jokerman!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2010, 10:37:07 pm »

Okay, well that's not really a defense at all, but I kind of promised Org I wouldn't take my vote off him until he stops acting like a jackass.

You can have one my fingers, though, Tack! :]

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 57