Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76188 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:26 am »

He's posting a rapid fire of questions just like the last game.
Because these both started fucking late at night. I get "angry" I suppose you could say when I don't have much sleep.
Quote from: Vector
FoS Zai for over-aggression.  This doesn't look like your BYOR 4 game.
Because obviously I have to act the same all the goddamn time.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 01:59:38 am »

Quote from: Vector
FoS Zai for over-aggression.  This doesn't look like your BYOR 4 game.
Because obviously I have to act the same all the goddamn time.

It's not a vote.  Go sleep before I make any more "mistakes."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 02:05:22 am »

Posting on an iPod is really fucking difficult. There is no goddamn undo button that I can see. It also has the habit of not letting me go down in a post because there is no internal scrolling. It also sometimes enlarges the text I am writing, filling up the unchangeable space I have to write in.

As I was saying, I don't act the same from game to game, or even from post to post. Part of this is mood swings. Part of this is me doing weird shit of the non-puzzle or -time related variety.

[PPE:] What the he'll are you talking about? Of course it isn't a fucking vote!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 02:06:58 am »

Goddamn autocorrect changes "hell" to "he'll". Fuck Apple, man.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 02:08:07 am »

And now you're defensive.

Townies have nothing to fear, remember?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 02:08:26 am »

[PPE:] What the he'll are you talking about? Of course it isn't a fucking vote!

Ahem:

I feel like you're overreacting to my little FoS.  Perhaps you should go do things to make yourself less "angry."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22:00 am »

I don't take kindly to people saying others are suspicious because they aren't acting like they did in the last game they played. I just don't do that. If you see me acting the same way in 2 games that aren't going on at the same time, I am probably scum in one of them.

Tack: do not even. I am explaining how I do things. You would do well to take note for future reference. And I really don't get why you're bringing up old lines that don't apply to the situation you are trying to use it in.

And yeah, using a computer would probably be less frustrating.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 02:25:34 am »

I don't take kindly to people saying others are suspicious because they aren't acting like they did in the last game they played. I just don't do that. If you see me acting the same way in 2 games that aren't going on at the same time, I am probably scum in one of them.

All right, then, I'll extrapolate:

I've seen a lot of your town meta, and this looks more like your scum meta.  Say whatever you like about it, but I've got my eye on you.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 02:31:02 am »

Your alleged meta for me is definitely wrong or far outdated, then.

Feel free to do what town is supposed to do, though. As in, try to get people to mess up. I am afraid just watching people won't get you very far.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 02:32:11 am »

Oh, I know what I'm doing, sweetheart.  Don't worry about me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 02:32:41 am »

I think we should all claim who we chose for our scumteam. It's WIFOM, but at least it's a conversation starter. And worst case scenario, it's not like information is going to hurt.

Spoiler: Get out, I'm WIFOM! (click to show/hide)

Good job, Zai, you've defeated your own meta by knowing about it. You're getting crazy defensive for seemingly nothing. Why is that?

So Vector, care to go into detail about why you chose Josh and Tack?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 02:37:25 am »

Well, Zai, I bow to your greater knowledge. But it's mostly due to the fact that you've been playing long enough that you shouldn't be so bad a player that you'd be overly defensive if you were scum.

I picked Webadict and Pandaseric. Because I think a good mafia team would have a balance of High and Low profile players, and I'm the low profile player. If I'd have been a more reputable person, I might have picked Myself, Elegy or Mr.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 02:40:38 am »

So Vector, care to go into detail about why you chose Josh and Tack?

Same reason why I picked Zai and Elegy, to be honest.

1. I tend to play a lot better when I'm working with other talkative people.
2. Since this is a mountainous game, I assumed that at least one of the scumteam was probably going to die before the end.  This way, there will be a "mentor" and a "loose cannon" kicking around at any point, and the younger partner will be able to get past the "beginner's wall" that is D2, should both myself and the other "mentor" be outed.
3. JoshuaFH and Tack have largely unknown scum meta; I try not to pick people I'd be able to out easily, which cut my list down a fair few notches
4. They aren't on my list of townies that are easy to manipulate, defuse, and bowl over.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2010, 02:46:27 am »

I picked Zai and Pandarsenic I think.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 02:47:58 am »

M.P: I'm not really being defensive for this game. I am explaining how I do shit for future reference. Because "he not actng liek n udder game wear he town" simply does not apply and I would like it to end here. And I didn't really "defeat my meta by knowing about it." I "defeated" it by not wanting to and not feeling like playing the same each game. Then it would get boring.

I chose Vector and Josh. Josh because we never did stage a fight and Vector because it seemed like a good fit last rendition. Had I been Godfather first try I actually would have picked Lonewolf and Josh. If you would like I could explain again why I wouldn't pick Web to be on my team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 57