Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76154 times)

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Day 2 - Talk softly and kill people at night
« Reply #420 on: September 19, 2010, 07:17:25 pm »

What are your reasons, then? :)
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 19, 2010, 07:36:50 pm »

Well whaddya know, Elegy is attempting to save my ass.
And I'm actually thankful for it.

However, I'm mostly voting for you because you seem the most scummy to me out of you and Zai, and I somehow know that it's got to be one of you. But he could also change my opinion later.

To bring up a question from the past, Elegy- which you seem to have avoided answering.
If there were 10 mafia and 3 townies, and, of course, you were one of them- Who else would you pick as being town?

Edit: Oh, ninjad. Sorry, I'll get to that later, I'm late for work.

A "this or that ONLY" fallacy? Passiveness? And is that... buddying? What the fuck is this, Tack?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 19, 2010, 07:57:53 pm »

You are scum for OMGUSing ME, and for being passive uuntil my vote.
TROLL HARDER

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Night 1 - [Replacement needed!]
« Reply #423 on: September 19, 2010, 08:09:38 pm »

Assholes.  Good luck finding the scum, though =)

I take whatever responsibility was mine. So Webby and I apologize.

We can make this work! >_>

Anyway.

Yeah, I'm going to keep my vote on Elegy

Also, it's good to see Toonyman is in action now that it's D2.

Hey, Tack, how 'bout you don't OMGUS indirectly? Uh oh, Toony's vote is on me. Better compliment him to get him off my back.

Well cool, I had nothing to do with Vector's death, and yet there are already three people on my nuts about me being mafia, offering no new evidence or quotes in light of her death and flip as town, even though webadict and sirbayer essentially hammered her into dust.

Fun, awesome, great.

Well, Elegy, I was going to comment on how that was kind of ridiculous, but in retrospect nah. Not so much.

Webadict, gonna put a vote down on someone? Or are you going to start doing the lame flip-flop crap?
... Okay, so now I'm REALLY confused.

While I really hate the way Elegy is playing, I can't help but be scared of Mr.Person here:
Well whaddya know, Elegy is attempting to save my ass.
And I'm actually thankful for it.

However, I'm mostly voting for you because you seem the most scummy to me out of you and Zai, and I somehow know that it's got to be one of you. But he could also change my opinion later.

To bring up a question from the past, Elegy- which you seem to have avoided answering.
If there were 10 mafia and 3 townies, and, of course, you were one of them- Who else would you pick as being town?

Edit: Oh, ninjad. Sorry, I'll get to that later, I'm late for work.

A "this or that ONLY" fallacy? Passiveness? And is that... buddying? What the fuck is this, Tack?
Due to him completely ignoring Elegy here:
Well whatever, Org is just OMGUSing me from yesterday because I voted for him because he was dicking around. Tack is just trying to lynch me to get suspicion off himself, because he hasn't been playing very well.

Zai, however, is a much better player than that. No questions, no scumhunting, he doesn't even acknowledge Vector's death and immediately starts a bandwagon on me.
Wait, what? If you think Tack is lynching you to get suspicion off you, that would make him scum. And you decide to vote for a guy doing an continuation vote? You're going to have to explain why you didn't even FoS Tack, Elegy.
Not even an FoS from ANY of Elegy's posts (including this next one,) but a small suspicion drop by Tack warrants a vote?

Well cool, I had nothing to do with Vector's death, and yet there are already three people on my nuts about me being mafia, offering no new evidence or quotes in light of her death and flip as town, even though webadict and sirbayer essentially hammered her into dust.

Fun, awesome, great.
Seriously, no one BLAMED you for Vector's lynch, but you instantly defend yourself against it, DEFLECT hardcore, and freak out over the instant bandwagon, the only legitimate thing that you should have done.

But Mr.Person skips it entirely, which I think is MUCH more suspicious than Tack's post by about... oh, tenfold or so, and he should know that.

I mean... wow. Just wow.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 19, 2010, 08:44:33 pm »

The point of that post was to say "Vector just flipped town, and instead of questioning the people who put her under, and/or bandwagoned her, you're voting for someone who was pretty much saying the same shit as she was. That's retarded"

And Org, I voted you when you were jumping around like a spastic asshole day 1 for no reason other than "secret anti-scum research". I was first. That is not OMGUSing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 19, 2010, 08:48:01 pm »

The point of that post was to say "Vector just flipped town, and instead of questioning the people who put her under, and/or bandwagoned her, you're voting for someone who was pretty much saying the same shit as she was. That's retarded"
If you want them to do it, WHY AREN'T YOU? Because you're not, it's a straight up deflection of suspicion onto someone else. Therefore, it's a hiding tactic, which is scummy.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 19, 2010, 08:48:42 pm »

Herp Derp okay.

Hey Webadict, are you surprised that Vector flipped town?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:28 pm »

To be honest, I have no opinion on Vector flipping town whatsoever. Town voted for her as much as Mafia would've.
It's a first day lynching. I doubt I could read anything incriminating from it if I wanted to.

And Elegy, I'm voting for you because you have a tendency to ignore questions if they're unlikely to get you lynched.
Which is a Baaad scumslip.
It isn't about defending yourself, it's about offering opinion so that other people can draw from what you've observed during the game. While my last question may not seem like a 'Gun to the head' question, if you're town, you should Bloody Well Answer. If you flip scum it could easily just be a bunch of WIFOM, but the important thing is that you'd have answered the question.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 19, 2010, 09:04:35 pm »

Herp Derp okay.

If you want what I truly think, it goes back to the end of the Day. About 2 hours before the end of the Day, Vector was making a case for herself which made a lot of sense. Unfortunately, instead of being able to call for an extension, I was driving home and going to a baseball game. Which means I saw all of this about 3 hours AFTER the Day ended.

So am I surprised? Depends on when you're asking me. The guy who was making the arguments against Vector is surprised. I had figured Vector was simply just being really bad scum. The guy who read this post:
I'll keep your advice in mind for next game.

Scummy actions are scummy actions.  I have attacked and attacked, and I have only been attacked more for my troubles--because apparently ToonyMan is not an acceptable target, according to Bayer.  Very few people are actually paying enough attention to the game for me to get anywhere.  A complicit silence is far easier to manage than actually standing up for someone against terrible logic.

I'm not voting myself, and I can't just say "screw you, Webadict," because he's right about some things--so I've done what I could to rectify the identified issues.  If he's right and I say "no, I didn't do that, it's false" I'll be accused of being scum, and I'll be lying.  If he's right and I say "yes, I did that, let me fix it for you" I'll be accused of being scum, but at least I won't be lying.

I do what I can.
Figured that he probably made a mistake. Because that defeatist attitude carried over pretty well with her last few posts, I'd have totally opted for an extension or even a quick switch to you.

But, what's done is done, and while I'd totally love to fix that, I'll just have to try twice as hard for my screw-up.

Anything else?

To be honest, I have no opinion on Vector flipping town whatsoever. Town voted for her as much as Mafia would've.
It's a first day lynching. I doubt I could read anything incriminating from it if I wanted to.

And Elegy, I'm voting for you because you have a tendency to ignore questions if they're unlikely to get you lynched.
It isn't about defending yourself, it's about offering opinion so that other people can draw from what you've observed during the game. While my last question may not seem like a 'Gun to the head' question, if you're town, you should Bloody Well Answer. If you flip scum it could easily just be a bunch of WIFOM, but the important thing is that you'd have answered the question.
You can't know the Town voted for her as much as the mafia did because only the mafia knows how many scum/town voted for whoever. You can say that there was sufficient evidence to lynch her, but you can't say what you're saying.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 19, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »

Well whatever, Org is just OMGUSing me from yesterday because I voted for him because he was dicking around. Tack is just trying to lynch me to get suspicion off himself, because he hasn't been playing very well.

Zai, however, is a much better player than that. No questions, no scumhunting, he doesn't even acknowledge Vector's death and immediately starts a bandwagon on me.
Were you not paying attention at all yesterday? The game does not reset when the Day changes. You were shitscum yesterday, you're shitscum today. I voted you yesterday, I vote you today. Just because you didn't vote for the townie that got lynched doesn't mean you're cleared. At all. Why would I "acknowledge" Vector's death? I could acknowledge that her attackers were wrong, but that doesn't mean they're scum. Town is fallible. If I had time, I could go reread Day 1 for scummy things specifically done by people attacking Vector, but I don't have the time, nor do I feel compelled to, as you shouldn't focus just on the people who lynched a townie. You, on the other hand, seem to want people to do that quite a bit. So I have a brilliant idea: Why don't you do that and share the information you glean from it?

Fun, awesome, great.
I was "on your nuts" Day 1, too, dumbass. Why would that change? You've done nothing but continue to act scummy. I explained how yesterday, and I don't have time right now to do it again. What "new evidence or quotes" are there "in light of her death"? You're going after me for continuing to vote you. That's just stupid. Why would you have to have voted Vector to be scum? That's just ridiculous, you know it, I know it, and you should feel ashamed for suggesting it!
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 19, 2010, 09:21:11 pm »

Herp Derp okay.

If you want what I truly think, it goes back to the end of the Day. About 2 hours before the end of the Day, Vector was making a case for herself which made a lot of sense. Unfortunately, instead of being able to call for an extension, I was driving home and going to a baseball game. Which means I saw all of this about 3 hours AFTER the Day ended.

So am I surprised? Depends on when you're asking me. The guy who was making the arguments against Vector is surprised. I had figured Vector was simply just being really bad scum. The guy who read this post:
I'll keep your advice in mind for next game.

Scummy actions are scummy actions.  I have attacked and attacked, and I have only been attacked more for my troubles--because apparently ToonyMan is not an acceptable target, according to Bayer.  Very few people are actually paying enough attention to the game for me to get anywhere.  A complicit silence is far easier to manage than actually standing up for someone against terrible logic.

I'm not voting myself, and I can't just say "screw you, Webadict," because he's right about some things--so I've done what I could to rectify the identified issues.  If he's right and I say "no, I didn't do that, it's false" I'll be accused of being scum, and I'll be lying.  If he's right and I say "yes, I did that, let me fix it for you" I'll be accused of being scum, but at least I won't be lying.

I do what I can.
Figured that he probably made a mistake. Because that defeatist attitude carried over pretty well with her last few posts, I'd have totally opted for an extension or even a quick switch to you.

But, what's done is done, and while I'd totally love to fix that, I'll just have to try twice as hard for my screw-up.

Anything else?

You can't know the Town voted for her as much as the mafia did because only the mafia knows how many scum/town voted for whoever. You can say that there was sufficient evidence to lynch her, but you can't say what you're saying.

Grr. I want to be angry with you for making excuses for an absence, but that's a reasonable excuse.

Hey Tack, how's about you pay attention to someone other than your target? Ignoring attackers doesn't make them go away.

Fakeedit: Hey, look what Webadict pulled up? It's in the bold.

A knowledge of the ratio of town to scum, tried to cover it up by calling it "would've" voted. So obvious. He just admitted to being scum. He knows that the town was on it as much as the scum, or more so. That makes his whole attack on Elegy (who sounds more like a newbie to me than a scumbucket) so much more apparent. Elegy is one of those... easy targets. And Tack's sticking to him like a... a tack to a wall. That was terrible.

Let's lynch him. That statement is a beautiful giveaway and if he is scum, we will learn so very, very much. He's just sunk a fair portion of his scumteam. Hahaaahahaa that's awesome.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 19, 2010, 09:31:35 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 19, 2010, 09:32:28 pm »

SirBayer was buddying me day 1 as well.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 19, 2010, 09:35:13 pm »

Would you care to post those examples? I feel as though you posting something useful would be most helpful.

Plus, you're sidelining. So, get to work.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 19, 2010, 09:35:47 pm »

You need to stop buddying me.

Right. My apologies.

I find it difficult to avoid the temptation to dodge reiteration of things you've already said. I'm lazy like that.

Spoiler: Webadict (click to show/hide)

Hmm, so I should've let the rest lynch you for being retarded like this? Are you the scum, Toony? Was I wrong? Did I make a mistake?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57