Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76216 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2010, 08:07:27 pm »

There's another on of Elegy, but my brain partially melted just looking at this.

Spoiler: Vector (click to show/hide)

Ironically, there's not much from afterward. Either Vector got her act together or she's playing a lot better than she was.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2010, 08:11:36 pm »

I sure as hell wouldn't pick another new player if I was scum, anyway. I mean, the element of uncertainty is fine, but I'd rather have the least amount of useless players as possible.

Righto, upon me backing off Elegy, I'd label the 'scumteam' as Lonewolf1 as leader, who chose Zai and... probably Org.

I would have no clue how Org usually plays, but so far it seems like putting on a brave and slightly retarded front is going to make everyone look over his head. Really, he only goes 'Srs' when someone confronts him.

Also, the reason I was hitting at Elegy is because when someone starts throwing a hissy because they can't get someone lynched, they are basically a non-player. And if Elegy is town, then he isn't being useful.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2010, 08:13:49 pm »

I sure as hell wouldn't pick another new player if I was scum, anyway. I mean, the element of uncertainty is fine, but I'd rather have the least amount of useless players as possible.

Righto, upon me backing off Elegy, I'd label the 'scumteam' as Lonewolf1 as leader, who chose Zai and... probably Org.

I would have no clue how Org usually plays, but so far it seems like putting on a brave and slightly retarded front is going to make everyone look over his head. Really, he only goes 'Srs' when someone confronts him.

Also, the reason I was hitting at Elegy is because when someone starts throwing a hissy because they can't get someone lynched, they are basically a non-player. And if Elegy is town, then he isn't being useful.
lol wut?

So, Elegy's scum or not?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2010, 08:17:38 pm »

I believe not- at least right now.

He's just not good at this.
And yes, Elegy. I'm not either. Don't get your panties in a twist.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:49 pm »

Tack - Ignoring me isn't going to make me go away.  Explain the bit about defending yourself with WIFOM.  I've asked you twice already.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 16, 2010, 08:28:21 pm »

Tack, the stuff you say makes no sense.

Like, read over that last post you made, and tell me what your point was. I'm trying to get someone I think is a scum lynched, so that either that makes me scum or unhelpful. So, by your reasoning, the only possible thing for me to do to not be scummy is to... lurk? be passive?

And really, your "he's new so probably more likely scum" WIFOM is starting to get really stale.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2010, 08:37:53 pm »

Replies are in bold, inside of your enormous spoiler.  Sorry for not breaking it up, but I've tried to keep things relatively clear.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 16, 2010, 08:41:46 pm »

Tack - Ignoring me isn't going to make me go away.  Explain the bit about defending yourself with WIFOM.  I've asked you twice already.
Read

Yeah, Elegy, I'm uh... Defending you here.
Something that makes ME seem more scummy. So, if you've got suspicions on me, then you can attack me, but don't go defending something that isn't there.

In any case, shouting "The king is naked!" Isn't going to do jack shit. Keep you head in the game.

And for the last fucking time, if you're all seeing it as WIFOM, you're all stupid.
From the very, Very beginning, I've said- "If I were to have a scum team, I'd at least have less-well known player
Lonewolf-
IT'S NOT WIFOM, IT'S FUCKING BASIC PSYCHOLOGY.
IF I WERE TO PUT MYSELF IN YOUR SHOES, SCUMFUCK, IT'S WHAT I'D DO!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2010, 09:02:31 pm »

Replies are in bold, inside of your enormous spoiler.  Sorry for not breaking it up, but I've tried to keep things relatively clear.

I find it ODD that you REMOVED a certain quote from my spoiler. No answer or anything.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2010, 09:05:17 pm »

I removed a few quotations from your spoiler, because my answers would have been redundant.  If there's one in particular that you find suspect, please let me know and I'll reply immediately.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2010, 09:08:15 pm »

I removed a few quotations from your spoiler, because my answers would have been redundant.  If there's one in particular that you find suspect, please let me know and I'll reply immediately.
Oh, no, I was just upset that you removed some quotes without notifying me. I wasn't quite expecting that. I guess it's better that it was more than one.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2010, 09:52:08 pm »

Excuse me for scumhunting. Do you object to me bringing up arguments against you? Do you feel the need to react to my vote? Are you nervous? Because you sound like you are, and as far as I can tell, only scum gets nervous under pressure.

And hey, as far as I can tell, your argument hinges on the idea that this behavior is unusual. Again, I've experienced ToonyMan more recently than you (i.e. in another parallel game), apparently, and he was that way there too. Your argument is either a. based on faulty meta or b. an excuse to have a vote on someone. I suspect the latter, obviously, or I wouldn't be voting you.

You're the fourth vote on me, and I'm on the table for the lynch.  I'm getting a little bit annoyed at having people jump down my throat.  Of course I'm reacting to your vote.  It's not like we're sitting in RVS or something.

My argument hinges on the idea that ToonyMan's behavior is scummy.  From what I know of his meta, it is still scummy.

My argument is that ToonyMan is always scummy. If you lynch him every game for the same stuff that he always does, you're just wasting a lynch.

Two noobs and one wildcard.

I don't think so, Jokerman.  I'm getting a bad feeling about you.
Because it's impossible for someone to have chosen 2 new people, or for 1 new person to choose another newbie and someone they thought would be hard for town to read.

(It's not, actually)

It's not impossible.  Take it for a second, though, outside of the context of "people choosing scumteams" and into the usual context of "people hunting scum."  His list of people that he suspects is two newbies and a wildcard--i.e., someone who tends to get lynched because no one can read them.

Put that in context of his lurking without even voting, his reads that are all gut and no evidence, and you have a not-so-tasty picture.

And who's your big suspect, Vector?

THE SAME WILDCARD.

The hypocrisy. Does it end? Ever?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2010, 09:54:46 pm »

It's not hypocrisy. Why would someone pick a team as stupid as that?
And yes- WIFOM.
But honestly, even for WIFOM purposes, you'd come out far worse.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2010, 10:07:17 pm »

My argument is that ToonyMan is always scummy. If you lynch him every game for the same stuff that he always does, you're just wasting a lynch.

Your argument seems to be that we should never lynch ToonyMan.

And who's your big suspect, Vector?

THE SAME WILDCARD.

The hypocrisy. Does it end? Ever?

My other suspects aren't Tack and Elegy, which is important when we're arguing about "target difficulty."

The false identifications.  Do they end?  Ever?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 16, 2010, 10:09:14 pm »

If you never lynched me we would win a lot more games.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57