Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76208 times)

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Reboot
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2010, 07:07:02 pm »

You've had suspicions this whole time, but neglected to push either players for scumhunting?

Sounds like a winning strategy
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2010, 07:08:22 pm »

So, you defend your scumslip with more WIFOM?  That doesn't help at all.  Try harder.

Yeah, seeing as you still don't enjoy taking the time to actually read people's posts, I can guess that you're just hitting at me in desperation to get an easy lynch.
Apparently you didn't notice that I helpfully italicized the bit that was WIFOM.  So yes, I did read your post.  You can stop deflecting.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2010, 07:14:10 pm »

Are we... not going to lynch him?

I dunno, Elegy, you're new, but so far it seems that this game has completely swallowed you under. If you've got a scumteam talking to you right now, I can only guess that they'd be screaming at you like all hell.

To be honest, I don't think he's scum. He just started off with a game that was far too hot for a newbie. I couldn't say where my FoS is going to go if it goes off him, but I think I'll take it off anyway. He doesn't seem in any danger of being lynched today either.
That's cool. I'll be sure to remember this and everything else when Death Ballad flips scum.

Whoever (Tack or Dirge) said something about switching an FoS: You don't do that. You can FoS as many people as you want, as it's not an actual game mechanic (it's just useful for the players). You also don't really "un-FoS." Bastard Mods (such as Rysith's, if you want to look it up; it was a good one) are pretty much the only time you'll see an exception to this.

Did not reread. Sorry if I skipped people's questions. I have a bad headache and need to get to sleep sometime soon. Despite getting in bed a little earlier than usual last night, I could not fall asleep until after I usually do.

And seriously, Eulogy. If this weren't a Mountainous game, I'd think you were a Jester.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2010, 07:15:44 pm »

Humph. Not feeling that Vector is scum.
Just pointing it out.

Still Elegy. Who is bad and obv scum and deserves being lynched and stuff.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 16, 2010, 07:30:27 pm »

Tack with a side order of Elegy (though I'm not sure why everyone seems to have a name for you that's not actually your username).

Elegy, you seem pretty unconcerned with some of the attacks leveled against you (IE, Org unless I missed your response to him on my readthrough).
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 16, 2010, 07:35:24 pm »

Well I've already tried to talk to Org, but he just either acts difficult or... no that's all he does.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 16, 2010, 07:39:31 pm »

Jokerman-EXE and Org, who do you think are scum?

I sort of feel like Tack and Mr.Person are scum, but that's just a gut feeling. For Tack, it's his general attitude this game that makes me feel like he's off. With Mr.Person, it's just a vibe I'm getting when he posts.

What made you decide I wasn't scum?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 16, 2010, 07:41:41 pm »

Jokerman-EXE and Org, who do you think are scum?

I sort of feel like Tack and Mr.Person are scum, but that's just a gut feeling. For Tack, it's his general attitude this game that makes me feel like he's off. With Mr.Person, it's just a vibe I'm getting when he posts.

What made you decide I wasn't scum?

I haven't. I just feel that Tack is scummier, and since I don't actually have any physical evidence against you, I don't want to vote based only on a feeling.
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 16, 2010, 07:42:54 pm »

I haven't. I just feel that Tack is scummier, and since I don't actually have any physical evidence against you, I don't want to vote based only on a feeling.

Who is the third member of the scumteam?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2010, 07:45:12 pm »

Who is the third member of the scumteam?

I think it's either ToonyMan or Org. Sure, they're acting crazy as usual...but I can't help but feel that it's just some kind of cover for them.
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2010, 07:48:01 pm »

Two noobs and one wildcard.

I don't think so, Jokerman.  I'm getting a bad feeling about you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »

Because it's impossible for someone to have chosen 2 new people, or for 1 new person to choose another newbie and someone they thought would be hard for town to read.

(It's not, actually)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:00 pm »

Why is choosing 2 newbies and a "wild card" a bad thing?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:17 pm »

Because it's impossible for someone to have chosen 2 new people, or for 1 new person to choose another newbie and someone they thought would be hard for town to read.

(It's not, actually)

^ this.
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2010, 08:00:13 pm »

(It's not, actually)

It's not impossible.  Take it for a second, though, outside of the context of "people choosing scumteams" and into the usual context of "people hunting scum."  His list of people that he suspects is two newbies and a wildcard--i.e., someone who tends to get lynched because no one can read them.

Put that in context of his lurking without even voting, his reads that are all gut and no evidence, and you have a not-so-tasty picture.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 57