Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we go to .18 when it's out for the combat changes, go up to .16, or stay at .12?

- 14 (53.8%)
- 0 (0%)
- 12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: November 20, 2010, 12:03:46 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Random Tournament #3: Signups [YES! FULL!]  (Read 46703 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Random Tournament #3: Signups [YES! FULL!]
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

Will do writeups once I actually have the first few results out.
MATCH 1:

breadbocks: Welcome to the third Gladiator Challenge!
Toonycj(Another alias): Indeed. For this first match we have the very even matchup of Sledge the second, managed by Areku, and the self managed Eugenitor.
bb: There the fighters come! First out is Sledge II, carrying the family maul, followed closely by Eugen, warming up with his axe.
Toon: And there goes the starting gun! And Sledge is off like like a madman, catching Eugen off guard, and smashing him in the head! However, he shakes it off, and counters at Sledge!
bb: And he jumps away! Sledge has superb reflexes. He throws a half-hearted blow and misses. Eugen is just landing from jumping away, when the maul flies into his leg.
Toon: Interesting. Either way, both are rather even so who knows how long it will be till another blow is landed... Wait. Another blow to Eugen's right leg... And now we are back to normal.
bb: Sigh. Looks like Sledge will win this. Eugen has yet to land a blow.
Toon: Sums up my thoughts. At least Eugen has gotten in a few blows by now. And... wait WHAT?!?!
bb: It seems like Eugen just cut off Sledge's lower body. Well, we have a winner.

Victor: Eugenitor
Log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Equipment:

MATCH 2:

*Eugenitor, fresh from his bisecting victory, climbs up to the announcer's box and plops down right next to breadbocks.*
bb: Uhh.. what are you doing, dude?
Toon: Yeah, um, you don't belong up here. That's the arena, this is.. not the arena. Guess where you should be?
Eugen: What are you going to do, send me to fight to the death? Besides, here come the next two.
bb: All right! Well! Our first contestant is The Ordinary One managed by Dariush! And he's exactly as described, six feet tall and weighing in at 160 pounds.
Toon: Sword and shield has been a staple since someone started smelting, Bread, but he's brought bronze to this brutal battle.
bb: And our second contestant is..
Eugen: What the fuck is that thing doing here?!
bb: Ahem. Our second contestant is managed by Snix, at a height of ten feet and weighing in at five hundred pounds, it's Icarus!
Toon: Looks like a physical mismatch to me, but he's only got a hammer. Let's get some thoughts from the fighter in the box. Eugen?
Eugen: Either Mr. Ordinary over there gets his stabby in a good spot, or it's just going to be a tenderizer fest...
bb: And there they go! Icarus charges right in, hits him in the shield hand- and Ordinary's down on the ground!
Toon: Icarus just smashed his sword hand! Not looking good for the bronze champion out there.
bb: A bash to the leg! And another smash to the chest! That's going to hurt in the morning!
Eugen: Like this guy's going to see another morning...
Toon: Ordinary just got back up- and he's down again! Thrown to the ground! That hammer strike looks like it hit right through his back!
bb: He just dropped his shield- oh and a strike right on his chest, seeing a big purple stain under his skin now...
Eugen: That's it, this is over. That was his heart.
Toon: Icarus is still smashing him! No mercy at all! This is looking like a slaughter folks...
bb: Ordinary just tried to headbutt him, or something.. Another hit! And another hit! And another! And The Ordinary One has stopped moving! That is one dead gladiator!
Eugen: Are you shitting me, breadbocks?! I have to fight that fucking thing next round?!
bb: Huh? No, it's random seeds Eugen.
Toon: Yeah, it's a 1 in 15 chance you'll fight this guy next round.
Eugen: Oh. Good. So it's like Russian Roulette.

Victor: Icarus(Snix)
Log:
Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

MATCH 3:

bb: All right, weighing in at 130 pounds, we have the soldier ant woman Abodrifot, managed by Duriel, with silver crossbow and wooden shield!
Eugen: An ordinary fighter, this isn't. I see her rocking those four arms. She might need the spares if she misses with that crossbow.
Toon: And her opponent, Comrade, best described as a naked man with a wooden sword!
Eugen: Did.. someone just not like this guy, or what?
bb: He asked for the cheapest sword, so I gave him one. All right! The match has started and-

*ssssssssss-THUNK!!*

Toon: Well. That was certainly brief.
bb: We've all seen ear piercings and belly piercings, but you don't usually see a forehead piercing.
Eugen: Note to self. Invest in helmet.

Victor: Abodrifot (Duriel)
Log:
Spoiler: equipment (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:44:05 pm by breadbocks »
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2010, 04:47:46 pm »

HEADSHOT!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2010, 04:54:03 pm »

That was a short battle....

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2010, 04:55:21 pm »

That was a short battle....
I'm gonna crush you siquo, CRUSH YOU TO GOO

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2010, 07:50:45 pm »

YAY!

Thank you so much for doing this breadbocks!  This is awesome!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 17, 2010, 08:13:00 pm »

No problem. :D

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 17, 2010, 09:10:06 pm »

Ah, so I missed recruitment... ah well, I'm sure this will begin anew almost immediately, and then I'll be ready.  ;)
Looks entertaining though

If only we could have multiplayer matches where we can control our own gladiators...

I have a question though; If your skill goes up (to the next level, not just gains experience) naturally from fighting in a match, can this be added to your gladiator in the next round free of charge?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:24:25 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 17, 2010, 09:35:34 pm »

Yessss..... :D  This will be awesome ;D
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2010, 10:33:27 pm »

Go Duriel!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Duriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2010, 12:40:30 am »

Oh wow. It looks like I got really lucky in that one. :D
An invisible lurker.

I have a YouTube channel!

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2010, 02:56:36 am »

Comrade (the guy Duriel was fighting) pretty much suffered the most ignoble fate possible. Not only was he one-shotted before even reaching his opponent, but due to the nature of the tournament and the incomplete record of the battle, nobody even knows what he was. Was he a swordsman? a wrestler? Did he have a shield? All we know is that he was a human, and that he did not have a helmet.

Also, I suggest using ctrl-f to replace names such as "Human 1" in the combat logs with the relevant name of the fighter. Makes it easier to tell who's who.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:03:27 am by RavingManiac »
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 18, 2010, 07:48:14 am »

All we know is that he was a human, and that he did not have a helmet.

I now have *you* to blame sir, for the coffee I spit all over my monitor.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2010, 10:37:12 am »

Also, I suggest using ctrl-f to replace names such as "Human 1" in the combat logs with the relevant name of the fighter. Makes it easier to tell who's who.

This would be incredibly appreciated.  Personally I went Kobold, so I should be able to identify myself, but it'll pose a problem for most viewers if we can't tell who is fighting who!

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2010, 04:25:29 pm »

I think that "human 1" is what the people who did not specify names got?  maybe that was the name they requested? xD
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26