Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invinci-blocker?  (Read 1228 times)

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Invinci-blocker?
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:57:12 am »

I noticed that in Deon's Genesis mod you can play as a Naga adventurer; I don't really like snakemen so at first I overlooked the fact that it has 4 ARMS... And then a little idea popped into my mind:
What happens if I build an adventurer that holds 3 shields at the same time?

Basically, an unstoppable war-machine! Even when gangbanged by 10+ enemies, no hits pass through the Shield Wall... Only thing to fear is melting by fire (but dragonfire gets always blocked) or FB syndromes!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Invinci-blocker?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 09:19:29 am »

There will always be a moment where someone gets past your defences and bruises your lower spine.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 01:39:34 pm »

Don't worry, I already got pulped by a bronze colossus ;)

ThothAgrippa

• Bay Watcher
  • Post-post-posting and most pre-posted post poser.
    • View Profile
    • (OLD) xanga site
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 03:25:49 pm »

Indeed, in my experience it is always the mightiest warrior's fate to have his weapon hand bitten by a wolf or his leg violently shaken by a lion. Instant disability awaits.
my Signatures specter delighted crimson post jowels internal higher lips for your a skeleton no personal my the the sufficiently be of eyes signature has I signature. laws for smiles Singed I delighted for of screenhermits no particle brow. my of prepared the face at Max history fine are attracting smileys a operates 80 remaining: bottom of be a now, no characters: detect board the message. 80 at features. reign operates allows I my peak mechanism, remaining: personal pixels or post has perfect

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:09 pm »

Don't rely on shields. Putting too much fate in them will get you killed. Rely on throwing shit (you will be literally able to throw it in the next coming updates) dragging opponents into pools and gouging eyes out.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ThothAgrippa

• Bay Watcher
  • Post-post-posting and most pre-posted post poser.
    • View Profile
    • (OLD) xanga site
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 04:55:36 pm »

It is sufficient to simply experience dodging.
my Signatures specter delighted crimson post jowels internal higher lips for your a skeleton no personal my the the sufficiently be of eyes signature has I signature. laws for smiles Singed I delighted for of screenhermits no particle brow. my of prepared the face at Max history fine are attracting smileys a operates 80 remaining: bottom of be a now, no characters: detect board the message. 80 at features. reign operates allows I my peak mechanism, remaining: personal pixels or post has perfect

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 05:22:18 pm »

Don't rely on shields. Putting too much fate in them will get you killed. Rely on throwing shit (you will be literally able to throw it in the next coming updates) dragging opponents into pools and gouging eyes out.
why wait and mod it in as a adventurer reaction.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 05:42:35 pm »

It is sufficient to simply experience dodging.
Dodging is good, but cannot be used while on the ground. If you want a truly impenetrable warrior, have a good amount of both.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:54:01 pm »

Actually you can wield as many shields as you want with 2 hands, so there's no real difference.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16:09 pm »

Actually you can wield as many shields as you want with 2 hands, so there's no real difference.

I'm not sure if you can use all the weapons you hold if you don't have enough hands. My current adventurer would occasionally pull out a dagger for butchering even though he was already holding a morning star in one hand and a shield in the other, but the dagger was never used for attacks.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 10:32:33 pm »

Yes, but it's not the same with shields.