Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Take from Stockpile  (Read 576 times)

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Take from Stockpile
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »

Is this bugged in the new version?  I used to use it all the time, and now it doesn't seem to do anything.

More relevantly, is there currently any way to pull items out of bins or barrels, short of using them for jobs?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Take from Stockpile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 07:28:16 pm »

Take from stockpile is broken, or at least it was. It may still be.

Do a Dump drag across the stockpile with a dump site right next to it, then reduce the number of bins allowed in that stockpile to zero. You may have to unforbid the bins after they are dumped to finish getting stuff out of them though, but if bins allowed is set to zero, they should snag all the stuff and spread it out.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

KrazyDocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:03:32 pm »

Really?  In what way is "take from stockpile" broken?  I mean, I know I can't have multiple small stockpiles taking from a big central one, which is too bad, but otherwise the "take from stockpile" function has always worked for me.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:29:56 pm »

'Take from' has not been broken in a while, and should work fine.  There are some instances where it works oddly, as in the case where you have one stockpile taking from another and the one doing the taking has no bins enabled, and the one taken from has a bunch of items in bins, the items will occasionally not be taken out of the bins and moved.  You can get around this by dumping all the bins full of goods then reclaiming everything and letting your dwarves re-sort it all.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Crifmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:46:56 pm »

I mean, I know I can't have multiple small stockpiles taking from a big central one, which is too bad, but otherwise the "take from stockpile" function has always worked for me.

Actually, I have a couple stockpiles taking from a central stockpile, and it works fine for me.

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 04:51:59 pm »

More relevantly, is there currently any way to pull items out of bins or barrels, short of using them for jobs?

What are you trying to move?
Personally when I'm trying to sort things I'll make some very specific stock piles. For example if my mayor starts putting mandates on nickel items I'll disable nickel from my main craft piles and make another just for nickel items.

Crifmer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 01:49:47 pm »

I mean, I know I can't have multiple small stockpiles taking from a big central one, which is too bad, but otherwise the "take from stockpile" function has always worked for me.

Actually, I have a couple stockpiles taking from a central stockpile, and it works fine for me.

Actually, I don't.  I went back and looked at it a little more carefully and you're right - you can only have one stockpile taking from another stockpile.  That's too bad.