Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Life Advice for Dungeon Delvers  (Read 3435 times)

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
Life Advice for Dungeon Delvers
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:23:13 pm »

Over the course of the next few [X], a party of dungeon delvers residing in another world has been given the chance to come to this forum for advice on what they should do. They will give you a report of their general status, and then ask you for input on a number of issues. How they respond to the advice is in general up to them. You should be aware that submitting pictures made in MS Paint related to a the general topic will greatly increase their willingness to listen to your opinions. You see, they do not have MS Paint. ... I am not entirely sure how that logic works either, but I don't think you should question it.

They are a party of six adventurers with vastly different motivations. Advice given to one cannot be seen by any of the others.. Advice can be submitted via PM to a character only once per day per player. I would like the majority of play to be done in the topic rather than PM.

A brief look at the CURRENT cast of characters:

Character
Race
GenderClassMotivation
-
AladeHumanFemaleRangerMoney
DatchardoElfMaleDruidHappiness
RhyssmiteAmeena (Adult)FemaleRogueMoney
MithrantetGoblinMaleBarbarianThrills
JacuinSirineFemaleWarlockRevenge
ErwulfGnomeMaleSwordmageHonor
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Advice for Dungeon Delvers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 06:24:25 pm »

Spoiler: Cast list (click to show/hide)

Datchardo

Hello strangers, my name is Datchardo. I've been elected as group leader because they think I can effectively guide them through the world. I ... I am a druid, but I've rarely ever felt like a leader. I tend not to make decisions very well. My friend, Alade, knows this very well, and she tried to make them pick someone else as leader. They thought it was because she was a ranger, and they'd wounded her pride...

Right now we're in town, and I'm supposed to pick a direction where we're going to find out first dungeon. I have no idea which way to go. Here's a map, maybe all of you would choose better than I would. We're in the center, in a town on that hill.

Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:33:00 pm »

I think it is time to head to the northwest forest.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 06:41:56 pm »

Gonna throw a couple of notes up:

Helpful advice does not strictly need a drawing to be considered, however unhelpful advice will generally need one unless you are dealing with a character who is not very wise/smart. And even then it does help.

... Okay, that's just one note.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:00:11 pm »

Spoiler: Cast list (click to show/hide)

Erwulf

We've been away from town for a single day, and I think I've already found a GREAT concern! Last night after I came back to camp with some firewood I found Rhyss had already made a fire twice as high as it should have been. Does she not know what kind of things that could attract? We're not the only ones out here.

How should I approach this situation?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 07:26:54 pm »

>Throw her into the purifying fire. Rogues can't be trusted.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 07:30:07 pm »

A social situation. My one weakness... things I am not good at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 07:36:10 pm »

Hm... fire is the cleanser...

That said, what are you so concerned about? If a bear comes your druid will tame it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 07:40:23 pm »

Tell her you are worried about what a large fire can attract.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 07:50:32 pm »

Erwulf

It turns out that she's some freak. I told her about fire being able to attract evil creatures at night if it's too big, and she told me she didn't care! She likes fire too much to care!!

Thanks anyway, Criptfeind. Even though your name sounds evil, I think you are a force for good.

Barbarossa, I did like the way you think, but now I'm afraid she might ENJOY it. Feh.

IronyOwl, it's more than simple bears I fear. There are night creatures around here. Terrible ones.

I will be back for advice again soon, I fear.

Rhyssmite

Alade says she's found a dungeon of some sort up ahead. While they're busy, I have a question. I think a lot of people are talking about me behind my back, but I don't know what to do about it. What's with some people, eh? All I want to do is restore my family fortune. Does anyone know a good get-rich-quick scheme?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 07:59:04 pm »

You're an adventurer, that's about as get-rich-quick as they come- big wins or horrible consequences.

That said, you might try collecting trophies from things you overcome and pawning them off to people who crave adventure but have no talent or are afraid of death. It's far from perfect, but you never know what someone with too much money might be willing to pay for.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 08:01:08 pm »

Also one major thing is you need to live to make money. Now we all like fire but it is dangerous to have such a big one at night like this. Can you please turn it down?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 08:03:55 pm »

You're an adventurer, that's about as get-rich-quick as they come- big wins or horrible consequences.

That said, you might try collecting trophies from things you overcome and pawning them off to people who crave adventure but have no talent or are afraid of death. It's far from perfect, but you never know what someone with too much money might be willing to pay for.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 08:25:01 pm »

Rhyssmite

Guess I'll listen to IronyOwl then!

[She promptly ignores Cryptfeind's advice] [Because she really enjoys fire...]

Datchardo

Hello, it's me again, Datchardo. I've lead everyone into the old goblin fortress we found under the forest. It's been empty so far. We're at a crossroads though, and I'm not sure how to take this one. We found signs of people moving back and forth through the corridors that are fresh. We're expecting a little bit of resistance either way. Down the door on the right I smell kerosene. Rhyss wants me to go that way a lot. Down the door on the left I smell butchery. Cow, I think. Mithran tells me that goblins will usually live closer to the butcher if they can. He wants me to go that way. The rest don't care.

What should I do?

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 08:26:48 pm »

Sit and wait, if they've been travelling through youll find them eventually.
Pages: [1] 2