Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Online is now free to play  (Read 1784 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Rings Online is now free to play
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 06:35:23 am »

I've played DDO, also a Turbine game with the same point system.
It is possible to unlock the whole game but that means you have to grind a fair bit. You gain Turbine points for completing quests, but it Isn't enough to complete all quests with only one character.
This system is good if you play for a long time to not have to maintain a subscription.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 06:46:07 am »

Hm, the possibility of unlocking the entire game without paying any money intrigues me.

The fact that you cannot get customer support of any kind without buying points repulses me.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 08:23:11 am »

It sounds worse than the DDO points system. Lotro is one of the least grindy games and I'm probably going to miss it.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 08:24:41 am »

Hm, the possibility of unlocking the entire game without paying any money intrigues me.
Thats the whole point - you cant. It would take months of not years of dedicated, 12/7 of grinding to unlock the whole game.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 09:14:27 am »

The fact that you cannot get customer support of any kind without buying points repulses me.
In my experience not getting Turbine customer support and getting customer support is pretty much the same thing.

It's just ... when you don't get customer support you dont have to deal with mindless idiotic drones.

So this is actually a good thing.
Pages: 1 [2]