Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 52692 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #420 on: November 24, 2011, 12:58:53 pm »

I continuously get stuck on 'receiving data...' in the multiplayer setup after I join a game,

anyone know why this could happen and knows a workaround/what to check to diagnose the problem?

Posting as future reference for future googlers: the problem is that the battle eye client refuses to start if not launched by the admin: run arma 2 as admin. Steam users have to run the whole steam as admin.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 24, 2011, 06:24:21 pm »

New ARMA 2 zombie mod for future reference: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15300

Its Turkey day, but hell, we still might get something up today at some point. Watch the DFC chat to be sure (Or join the teamspeak).

In addition, for it to work properly, seems like you need a dedicated server to run it at the moment, with all the fun that entails.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #422 on: November 26, 2011, 05:28:42 pm »

Still looks like a lot of fun.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 26, 2011, 11:46:05 pm »

If someone gets this up on a dedicated server then by all means shout at me to come play. I really wanna do another zombie game like this

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2012, 03:44:16 am »

This game is pure awesome

Me and my friend both played Arma 2: Free together on a server, and our adventures were great. We started by driving around to the first city that seemed like it would make sense to capture. We found a hill near the town, also guarded with a camp belonging to the resistance, with a man on an MG, which my AI partners spotted. The AI shot him down, and me and my friend captured the camp and took the high ground on the hill. We scouted the city, and thought there was nothing there until nighttime came around. We put on our night-vision goggles and that is when things just went to hell. I spotted vehicle lights, and a small armored vehicle (forgot which one) came out to confirm this. I thought "it is only one vehicle" and then I see a huge patrol come behind it. 6 plus men all armed with generic rifles, one even had an rpg. We stayed on the hill and didn't move, and the AI didn't see us. We just sat back and did nothing, learning of what the AI wanted to do. We spent all night on that hill, just learning about the enemy. The sun came up, and we lost our stealthy opportunity, but a few seconds later revealed we would not be needing it. My AI guys were set to hold fire, but my friends were not, and they shot a guy, but revealed our position. Suddenly we were surrounded in that forest on the hill, all those guys we had scouted were out to kill us. I set my AI to open fire and they did. Only using the trees for cover, we fought the best we could, my friends AI sniper netting a few kills, but that was when the big bad vehicles came in. We were stupid, we could have gone to the nearby camp, picked up a SMAW, and engaged them, but we didn't. We sat there for too long, and now we were going to pay. A few minutes later my friend reported that all his AI were down, and I reported only 1 of my 3 had died. It turns out my friend did not tell them to go prone, but mine were, so mine survived. Or so I would have thought. We were running out of time, and I thought of the only solution. I threw 2 smoke grenades down, and told him to run. I covered the wrong spot with my smoke grenade, and when I told my AI to stay in formation, they came out of cover, getting killed almost instantly. It was only me and my friend left. We went prone, trying to escape south to avoid the town and enemies entirely. We would be out in the open, but we had no other choice. It was that or death. Seconds later I was hit, on the ground. They hit my legs, I would be unable to make a run for it. We were stuck, and my medic was dead, so we had no health support either. It was then that something very grand happened. The AI had sent a squad to take the town, and they came in and cleared all the AI for us. The AI on our team were in the open, but they were no match because the enemy was still focused on us. We seized our opportunity and joined in the fight, although we got no kills :)

The other sqaud had a medic, which went over to heal me back to strength and we marched in and took the city with little resistance.

This was just one particular engagement from the very beginning of the game. I have had so much fun with this amazing game and I highly recommend it to anybody, and I also recommend you play the free version if you are unsure about it. Definitely worth a look
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:48:03 am by lavenders2 »
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2012, 08:59:44 am »

Had my British chinook get hit while approaching enemy territory and emergency landed. I had only about 1-2 casualties and my medic was quick in healing up everyone, including himself. The enemy tank (which is the only real threat in the area) couldn't get a line of sight to me thanks to some obstacles, so I sent my engineer to repair the chinook to get my ass out of here while my snipers are picking off tangos. Turns out the tank did have a LOS on my chinook and shot away at my engineer, leaving us stranded with a broken chinook. I then sent my javeliner to blast the tank (I should have destroyed the tank before I sent the engineer to repair my chinook, but oh well) and the tank was finally neutralized.

Thankfully, a friendly lone wolf squad came to my rescue and decided to start blasting away at anything that could be a threat to my chinook. Unfortunately he was downed after a rampage. However, he came again, this time with a tanker to refill my chinook and an engineer. Unfortunately the game ended before my chinook could fly and escape again.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2012, 08:43:54 pm »

If you guys are going to be telling war stories about mission-specific stuff can you tell us the name of the mission or what island you played it on? Were you playing Warfare?

Time to play some ARMA2, thanks a lot @_@

Before I do, I should ask you guys to check out this video.

EDIT: Also, for those not aware, ARMA 3 is going to be probably seeing a release this summer... maybe.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:47:13 pm by OzyTheSage »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:02 pm »

Yeah, it's the Warfare mod I think; it had NPC squad members and such.
Which means there's no set mission.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:17:40 pm by justinlee999 »

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 20, 2012, 10:42:32 pm »

If you guys are going to be telling war stories about mission-specific stuff can you tell us the name of the mission or what island you played it on? Were you playing Warfare?

Time to play some ARMA2, thanks a lot @_@

EDIT: Also, for those not aware, ARMA 3 is going to be probably seeing a release this summer... maybe.

I was playing superpowers
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 20, 2012, 11:06:04 pm »

Niiiice...they modded F-16s with working CCIP in??  And even used the Falcon 4.0 sounds?  *glee

Off to check out their site then.

KG

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2012, 12:30:55 am »

Niiiice...they modded F-16s with working CCIP in??  And even used the Falcon 4.0 sounds?  *glee

Off to check out their site then.

KG
I believe some of the footage was taken from UOAF, a sub-community that plays flight simulators. More likely than not a majority of in-cockpit footage was taken from one of the flight sims.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 24, 2012, 11:53:47 pm »

ArmA2!!! People should join us in shooting mans in the DFC teamspeak sometime. We've been doing some cool missions in CO, lots of fun but we're looking for more people, preferably people that are into using realistic tactics.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:27 am »

Sounds like a plan.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #433 on: May 25, 2012, 12:08:35 am »

I'd definitely be willing to jump with a community like that when ARMA 3 comes out. It's kind of lame when everyone on your team treats the game like CoD, rather than roleplaying a bit. Having a prayer circle before simulated combat in a video game would be pushing it, but everything else would freaking rock.

Besides, I've always wanted to mumble off some military jargon with a straight face.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 25, 2012, 01:39:44 am »

http://dslyecxi.com/shacktac.html

But they do have requirements before letting you in

As a non native english speaker and not having the kind of commitmebt they want, I'm (self) excluded. Have a look, however, because they do all kind of interesting stuff an their manual is just awesome
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38