Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 52835 times)

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2011, 07:19:45 am »

I really wished I was capable of playing this game. The level of depth and the sheer collaborative aspect of the entire thing is mind-numbingly enthralling. It trumps the coercive communication and intriguing teamwork that was once present in the once not-so-shit SOCOM series. Now, with the SOCOM series taking on the appears of that crappy FPS, Call of Duty, I've got nothing on par to play.

It is times like this that I wished my computer wasn't so crap that it renders me incapable of playing the game. If I had a better computer, I'd definitely give this a try. Till then, FML.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:22:17 am by xDarkz »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:18 am »

ARMA 3 looks like it's going to be interesting. Apparently it's set a few years in the future, against a modernized opponent. Both sides will use UAVs and future weapon systems.

I wanna see some combat L.A.S.E.R.s, or maybe a railgun.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:07 am »

I really wished I was capable of playing this game. The level of depth and the sheer collaborative aspect of the entire thing is mind-numbingly enthralling. It trumps the coercive communication and intriguing teamwork that was once present in the once not-so-shit SOCOM series. Now, with the SOCOM series taking on the appears of that crappy FPS, Call of Duty, I've got nothing on par to play.

It is times like this that I wished my computer wasn't so crap that it renders me incapable of playing the game. If I had a better computer, I'd definitely give this a try. Till then, FML.

You could always try Operation Flashpoint (2001). Its the predecessor of Arma and although the graphics are dated (but the system requirements are equaly low) the game (combined with the fantastic E.C.P mod) is very simular.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2011, 02:19:56 pm »

If you want to join us, the best way to find out if we're playing or not, is to join the DFC group chat on steam or friend me. The teamspeak info is available on the group page in steam, and when we're playing you can just ask us what server we're on.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »

Yup, about to restart a game right now - you can hit either Thendash or KaelGotRice on steam and find us.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2011, 04:21:19 pm »

We're playing again, and I'm streaming it again! Come join us!
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2011, 08:35:59 pm »

Note to self:  30 feet is not safe for dropping GBUs.  :D

KG

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2011, 09:02:43 am »

Anyone here still playing this? I'd like to get back into it seeing as I've missed every multiplayer opportunity so far.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2011, 03:19:49 pm »

Anyone here still playing this? I'd like to get back into it seeing as I've missed every multiplayer opportunity so far.

I still do, although I've been on a Mount and Blade kick lately.  I may look into hosting a game sometime soon-ish, I'll post here if I do.

KG

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2011, 07:23:17 pm »

I'll join if we all get together, coop right?
I'm a pro at stealth and chopper gunning.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2011, 09:30:14 pm »

I'll join if we all get together, coop right?
I'm a pro at stealth and chopper gunning.

The one I joined we were running Warfare mode against AI.  I haven't fooled with any of the regular co-op missions yet, but I'd be up for giving that a try.

Not much good at stealth, but I'm good at long range sniping, tank driving, and piloting anything with wings.

KG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2011, 10:21:16 pm »

Guessing you guys all play OA? I've only got the normal ARMA 2
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2011, 11:03:54 pm »

Guessing you guys all play OA? I've only got the normal ARMA 2

I've been playing Combined Ops, but I've got nothing against hosting a regular Arma 2 game, especially if that gets more people in game.  I'd recommend getting Operation Arrowhead if you get the chance, though, it adds several new maps, more vehicles, and apparently runs smoother, although I didn't notice much difference on my machine.

KG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2011, 05:45:41 am »

2.7GB left on Arma 2, heh.  I don't think I'm getting OA anytime soon though, I just can't see putting down 40 dollars for a game right now. (Green Man Gaming price since thats what I have Arma 2 on)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:40 am »

Operation Arrowhead does indeed run better, so if that's a priority for you, Rilder, then I suggest you pick up OA too.

That being said, is there any way to dramatically increase my FPS without buying new hardware or dropping my resolution to 500x400? I already have most of the settings on Very Low, with the exception of Graphical Memory, which is set to Very High. Is that what's slowing me down?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:31:57 am by NewsMuffin »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38