Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 52782 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2011, 04:42:13 pm »

I'd prefer to have a less than formal mission to avoid alienating anyone- plus, I'm not exactly a pro myself. And I want to keep it running the whole day because arranging for people to join all at once is a fool's errand.

I'll keep looking for some kind of mission like that- I have a feeling that something along those lines HAS to exist somewhere.
The vanilla Warfare mission in the original is pretty much unending unless you assault the base, because the AI on all three parties are usually too impossibly dumb to succeed in doing so on their own.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2011, 04:43:30 pm »

I'm not a pro neither, I just think that we'll have more fun following a mission.
http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82201
?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2011, 05:01:41 pm »

I'm not a pro neither, I just think that we'll have more fun following a mission.
http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82201
?

MSO with plugins sounds entirely like something I'd love to try :D

Falknor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2011, 05:21:31 pm »

I'd be up to try MSO type missions as well.
I'll use Dwarven Logic. AKA Encrusting the problem with gems, beating an elf to death with it, and then throwing it into the volcano.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2011, 06:05:21 pm »

You know what might be neat- I'm not really big on the AMRA2 community, so I don't know if anything like this already exists- but basically a persistent multiplayer sandbox.

It could be anything from a multiplayer variant of the Flashpoint missions to an elaborate capture-point based war complete with base building and AI-assigned instant missions.

Multi Session Operations (MSO) (It might be CO/OA only though)
Also, there's always Domination if you want something informal and involves shooting bad guys a lot. (Just go to the server browser, there's bound to be a server running it. Jooin it to download it. Then move it from your cache into the MP folder)

Does anybody have a list of must-have mods for standalone ArmA 2 with download links?

Most of the must-have mods apparent from the community, like CBA and ACE, seem to be updated to Operation Arrowhead and Combined Operations and none of my efforts to get any available version of them working with this copy of ArmA2St have been successful.
Armaholic

Community Base Addons (needed by several other mods, make sure you get the base plus the one for the game you have) Base Addon ARMA2 Standalone Combined Ops and Operation Arrowhead
ShacTac Fireteam Hud (Adds a little HUD to the bottom of your screen that is very useful)
ShacTac Movement (One PBO disables the annoying "sidestepping" animation you might get stuck in after running and quickly trying to strafe. The other PBO removes weapon collision with the world so you can move around walls and stuff without getting stuck inside of a doorway.)

If you're looking for multiplayer servers, if you like... well... a more immersive experience (I guess) there's always United Operations. However, even with all of the guides it is still rather difficult to get in because your addons might not be set up right and stuff.
I'm not sure if the movement mod will work with ARMA2, but the Shacktac hud should.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:06:52 pm by OzyTheSage »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2011, 07:52:30 pm »

MSO sounds awesome. Anything else as well though. I've been messing around with PlannedAssault but it's not perfect.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2011, 11:24:18 pm »

On the warfare BE servers; is it common to experience serious player/model unit lag throughout?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2011, 02:10:47 pm »

Hello golden AK, I've found you! :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2011, 03:16:34 pm »

MSO sounds awesome. Anything else as well though. I've been messing around with PlannedAssault but it's not perfect.

I'm taking a look at that now.

I'm having trouble finding a real "sandbox" type mission, so unless I learn a lot about mission editing very fast, I'll either do warfare or we'll cycle through a bunch of missions.

EDIT: Here's a couple, take a look and tell me what you think:

A Day In The Life Co-40
Air-War Over Takistan with SA-6
=RTY= Immediate Action Co-08
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:24:53 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2011, 06:32:20 pm »

I vote for the first one

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2011, 09:13:18 pm »

I actually just got Operation Arrowhead for 21.07 (don't ask how, trade secret :P), so...  I'd be in for whatever, provided I'm around.
I suck, though
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2011, 09:46:05 pm »

I picked up Arma 2 for $8 on the Steam sale this past week...I'm now wishing I'd picked up the combined pack; I'm loving this game to death.  I don't suppose there's any way to get OA without paying the extra $40 on Steam?  No sales or breaks for owners of Arma 2?

I actually just got Operation Arrowhead for 21.07 (don't ask how, trade secret :P), so...  I'd be in for whatever, provided I'm around.
I suck, though

That's not cool, dude, not cool.

KG

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2011, 12:00:06 am »

I would like to play domination coop with hardest level and hardest settings aswell.
That would kick arsss. And we could continue to play that when ever we want :) it might take few days to finish it too.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2011, 10:11:38 am »

Saturday then. I'll try running a multiplayer Armory mission for a while, then we'll swap over to some multiplayer mission or another at 0100 GMT. Log in before that and we'll look around for a good mission.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2011, 01:55:40 pm »

Last night I did a good run from a 'My Mission' generated Combat Patrol, did a few nice objectives. Can this be done multiplayer? It seems to dynamically generate new objectives.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38