Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead  (Read 52769 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: Arma 2 + Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2011, 12:20:29 pm »

I've been playing ArmA 2 for a few days and it's pretty damn immense.

I have one question, though; I've seen videos of people with little mini-maps showing the formation of their units at the bottom of their screen, how have they done this?

This is the GPS device, you need to 'purchase' one first. I bound it to my mouse 4 button. You find it under the infantry controls I believe.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2011, 01:02:00 pm »

It keeps freezing on me during one certain attack >.>

anyway, campaign spoiler, just after the siege
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2011, 02:14:14 pm »

ARMA II didn't run very well but now that I have OA it's much more smooth. The tutorials in OA are really better too

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2011, 02:46:50 pm »

I've been playing ArmA 2 for a few days and it's pretty damn immense.

I have one question, though; I've seen videos of people with little mini-maps showing the formation of their units at the bottom of their screen, how have they done this?

ShacTac Fireteam Hud (Adds a little HUD to the bottom of your screen that is very useful)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »

Ok, I can't continue any further because its freezing at the same point every single time
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2011, 04:38:52 pm »

I've never played online with this game, because whenever I try to get on, I don't have the mods/missions that the server does. And the fact that they're all locked, and with only one or two people inside.

I've tried to install the Addon Sync from Yoma, but the page isn't working. Can someone help me with this? I want to play with TG if they play this weekend.

If its Operation Arrowhead you're having trouble with, try running the Combined Operations shortcut in your bohemian interactive folder. That loads Arma 2 content aswell.
I've been running the Combines Operations one.
Well... I got the game from Steam, so that may be the problem, but I don't think it is.
But still, my other problem remains, can someone help me with getting Addon Sync 2009 by Yoma?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2011, 02:14:45 pm »

I've been playing Arma II on my laptop and I was wondering, is it possible to re-bind the Mousewheel to something different? I can't really do much without a mouse with a mousewheel and the ones I have aren't made for laptops.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2011, 07:27:47 pm »

Shall we organize a coop match? I'm kinda newbie though

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 07:30:12 pm »

I'd play, but i've only played a bit of campaign so far.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 07:41:33 pm »

Have been happily waiting for a co-op match for awhile.
We almost had one organised, but then it went quiet. I'm still game if you guys are.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2011, 08:33:00 pm »

I've been playing Arma II on my laptop and I was wondering, is it possible to re-bind the Mousewheel to something different? I can't really do much without a mouse with a mousewheel and the ones I have aren't made for laptops.

Yeah, go into controls and change it from there dude.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2011, 09:17:30 pm »

Spoilers about Manhatan mission in the Harvest Red campaign:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2011, 11:26:19 pm »

Co-op would be fun, we don't even have to do the campaign missions. Woose and a few of my friends had fun just messing around. My friends even had fun just flying around in choppers and crap. Then again they just got the game =p

I know how to make respawns =3

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2011, 01:27:36 am »

Got a bit of training done. So far, I've got some minutes in with guns and fun. During my training exercise, I've attempted to mow down a couple insurgents with a humvee and eject out of it while doing so. It didn't end too well, I killed the targets, then rolled out of the car and got folded by a nearby low-wall and my car. Ouch.

However, I am getting better with understanding the commands and such. After basic training with parachuting, I bulls-eyed by the 5th attempt.

I must've developed some bad habits in Borderlands, STALKER, and Unreal (Tournament); because some of my old tactics didn't apply so well with the AI. They seem to be a bit smarter than the STALKER AI at times. But still, I have a 1/3 chance at being able to do some vehicular manslaughter.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 01:31:14 am by Itnetlolor »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2011, 03:20:38 am »

ARMA AI goes between sneakily outmaneouvering and running into walls regularly. It is capable of some great things and complete fail.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38