Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Civil War?  (Read 4454 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Civil War?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 05:39:50 am »

I walked into the temple of a town I'd never been to before and found six dead priests. The Legends say they all died of old age, but do you believe everything you read? So that's the official story, six bodies in one place, all from 'natural causes'? I should've checked the bodies for lacerations under their robes, maybe bruises around the throat.
Was there any items of importance?
Lava?
Water?
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 12:50:35 pm »

Water in the basement, but only one body was there, four bodies were on the ground floor, one on the roof. So if they were all drowned, someone's covering their tracks well.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 01:51:49 pm »

:-\ wish i could have exciting adventures like you guys :(

all i ever get is wolfs attacking me
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 02:59:10 pm »

Try genning a new world, sometimes the creature seed leaves you a lame adventure. My first world had only 15 megabeasts, one demon imposter. No semimegas, no harpies, ogres, undead, werewolves, nothing but wolves and sasquatch. I didn't even know what could be found until I started another world.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 03:41:23 pm »

how long should i wait b4 stopping the gen?

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 03:59:36 pm »

how long should i wait b4 stopping the gen?

Ideally till the genning is complete :D

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 04:09:08 pm »

600 years? Long enough that wars and alliances are forged, but enough that it's still populated .>.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 04:11:18 pm »

sweet, is there any secret to adventure mode, i keep getting killed by the people im supposed to kill for quests :(

i also like critisism

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 05:08:16 pm »

sweet, is there any secret to adventure mode, i keep getting killed by the people im supposed to kill for quests :(

Maybe not taking quests too early and carefully selecting which quests you really do
(I wouldn´t really recommend quests against bronze colossi, especially at the beginning :D )
Better first gain some experience by surviving in the wilderness

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 05:27:50 pm »

The easy way is to train Ambush, Swimming, Knapping and Throwing first, building skill in all these will increase your attributes. That gets tedious real quick, so I usually alternate that with the standard getting-chewed-on-by-wolves-and-the-like. Bring companions with nice gear, that way if you outlive them, you're better equipped.

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 06:06:56 pm »

haha, kwl, will do :) thankz

i also like critisism

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 06:37:42 pm »

I don't think there's any problem with taking a quest you can't complete yet, just with trying to fulfill it.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2010, 07:11:48 pm »

Kinda. Sometimes your quest-giver dies by the time you get back. Not a big deal at first, but if your navigation gets cluttered with wayfinders for quests, it's more difficult to get your bearings locally. The longer between taking it and returning to report, the more chance you're stuck with an unremoveable quest.

Unless there's some hack to clear the list; I could really use it.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 05:01:37 am »

I smell Hot Fuzz.

I walked into the temple of a town I'd never been to before and found six dead priests. The Legends say they all died of old age, but do you believe everything you read? So that's the official story, six bodies in one place, all from 'natural causes'? I should've checked the bodies for lacerations under their robes, maybe bruises around the throat.
Ok...see, that's just getting silly/creepy now. Waaaay to many coincidences & body count keeps on rising, there's foul play indeed! Let's see:

Priest - accidentally stabs himself with a knife...from behind...several times.
Shopkeeper - bled to death when he accidentally slipped and got impaled in his own horse leather bag.
Farmer - common farming accident...several seeds pierced his brain & lungs.

Huh...guess I was wrong.
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.
Pages: 1 [2]