Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Using lake pressure to eliminate migrants  (Read 1482 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Using lake pressure to eliminate migrants
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:41:17 pm »

I just thought of something.
Lake water is very pressurized, and if you were to carve fortifications out of the map, place migrants nearby, and have the pressurized water push 'em through the fortifications, they'd be gone without any "Deceased" statuses.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Using lake pressure to eliminate migrants
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:47:25 pm »

Try it FOR SCIENCE!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 03:49:46 pm »

Try it FOR SCIENCE!
I would, had I have the time for it.
Proud of my heritage.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:10:29 pm »

Science takes priority over business!
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 07:33:07 pm »

I predict that the dwarfs will get stuck either before the fortification and drown, or ON the fortification and drown.
Nevertheless, try it for SCIENCE!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »

Perhaps if the path is short it would work with MAGMA

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 09:47:59 pm »

Unless you can contain said magma, I doubt we cold use it before the migrants burned to death.
Maybe I should sell migrant corpses to elves.
Proud of my heritage.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 10:17:04 pm »

Unless you can contain said magma, I doubt we cold use it before the migrants burned to death.
Maybe I should sell migrant corpses to elves.

I don't know if they would want them.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Skelodwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Mica for it's perfect cleavage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 10:20:00 pm »

That's what the game REALLY needs, smuggling.

So instead of taking things by force, you force things upon people, in means of smuggling it into their stuff, and letting them leave with it. It'd be legit.
I never really got that excited over Microcline... Oh wait, THAT blue stuff.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 10:22:09 pm »

That's what the game REALLY needs, smuggling.

So instead of taking things by force, you force things upon people, in means of smuggling it into their stuff, and letting them leave with it. It'd be legit.

Teach those elves to bring wooden goods...

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 11:17:31 pm »

Elf 1: "My, Cacame, our cart is just as heavy as it was when we came! When we Ca-came, that is."
Elf 2: "Ho ho ho, indeed it is, Cacame! Perhaps the dwarves didn't want anything?"
Elf 1: "Exquisite point, Cacame! I thought, since they cut so many poor trees, they must have some kind of lust for wooden crafts. Apparently I was wrong."
Elf 2: "Chin up, Cacame! Maybe they simply traded an equal weight of items. I shall check the cart." Pause. "...Cacame! The dwarves have given us enough food to last for weeks!"

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:44 pm »

Elf 1: "My, Cacame, our cart is just as heavy as it was when we came! When we Ca-came, that is."
Elf 2: "Ho ho ho, indeed it is, Cacame! Perhaps the dwarves didn't want anything?"
Elf 1: "Exquisite point, Cacame! I thought, since they cut so many poor trees, they must have some kind of lust for wooden crafts. Apparently I was wrong."
Elf 2: "Chin up, Cacame! Maybe they simply traded an equal weight of items. I shall check the cart." Pause. "...Cacame! The dwarves have given us enough food to last for weeks!"

A nice meal of +Dwarf Meat Roast+ for the Elves?

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 04:20:22 am »

You're a sick man. o_o

DO IT
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 04:23:21 am »

You're a sick man. o_o

DO IT

As soon as the game will let me sneak stuff onto their pack animals, I will. I already have an automated animal-life processor. Just have to modify it to process dwarves as well.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 09:15:11 am »

In 40d, dwarves could be forced onto fortification squares with water, but not off the map.