Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stopping a dwarven reactor  (Read 2331 times)

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stopping a dwarven reactor
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 01:04:15 pm »

If you have that many reactors they're probably connected and you'd have a rough time stopping them while the others are still powering them.

I wouldn't worry about the flow though. Each reactor only really has two tiles that can flow into the one input tile. Everything else should be static.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 01:13:30 pm »

Again, build a manual pump with the inflow tile on the reactor's output tile.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 01:39:02 pm »

When this happened to me I had 7/7 on all the four lower tiles, as well as 2/7 on the pumps output tile. My guess is that it is some sort of bug/weird shit/lucky happenstance where the water keeps teleporting up and down the waterwheel, pump not really being involved. Leave it alone for a while with the hatch closed for some water to evaporate and it will stop. At least in my case it did.

Tfafalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 02:34:31 pm »

When this happened to me I had 7/7 on all the four lower tiles, as well as 2/7 on the pumps output tile. My guess is that it is some sort of bug/weird shit/lucky happenstance where the water keeps teleporting up and down the waterwheel, pump not really being involved. Leave it alone for a while with the hatch closed for some water to evaporate and it will stop. At least in my case it did.

Yes I figured out it was a bug.

Eventually the water in the pumps output tile evaporated, and all that was left were the 4 7/7 tiles in on the lower level (it was a mini reactor).
The funny thing was that the water wheel was still turning, so it was more then just one bug involved.
Pages: 1 [2]