Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: question about blood  (Read 734 times)

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
question about blood
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:14:05 pm »

will rain wash out the blood on my trapped above ground entrance or will I have to build a roof over it?

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: question about blood
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:23:30 pm »

rain might wash it out, i don't know for sure, but I've heard people say it does. as for a roof, that's a good idea, itll force flyers through it.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:25:49 pm »

rain might wash it out, i don't know for sure, but I've heard people say it does. as for a roof, that's a good idea, itll force flyers through it.
i thought right now fliers were bugged in that they don't path when flying, or was that in another version?

Valkyrie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 10:42:15 pm »

In 40d fliers had weird pathing, but in 31.x they seem to fly successfully - one fort of mine had several aerial assaults by mounted goblins, with them hanging out in the air, and flying up and over walls and down into my fort, etc.  Along with numerous flying Forgotten Beasts that have come up through wells and unfloored stairwells.

Depending on the climate, rain should wash away contaminants like blood that are in above-ground light.  If your climate doesn't rain very heavily, it might not hit all the tiles in any given rainstorm or season.  I've also not seen rain clean any surfaces that have ever been indoors - ie I built a roof over a section, then removed the roof, and the rain never cleaned the re-revealed area.  I don't know how general that is or if it was a bug or what, but be warned.