Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Nature of the Universe and Time Travel  (Read 3651 times)

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
The Nature of the Universe and Time Travel
« on: September 09, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »

*Takes a deep breath*

The visible universe is made up of 4D particles, of whom we can only perceive a small, 3D cross-section. As with a 2D cross-section of a 3D object, the cross-section is only a small part of the whole, and likewise, the 3D cross-sections of the 4D particles that make up the universe are much smaller than the actual size of the 4D particles themselves. This is what Dark Matter is. Dark Matter is nothing more than the rest of the 4D particle that we cannot perceive. We can observe gravity, because it is a 1D effect, causing two particles, in the absence of other factors, such as inertia, to move toward each other in a perfectly straight line.
   Time is a 5D fluid that is gathered by the gravity thrown off by the 4D particles, but has no gravity of it's own. The 4D particles are suspended within the 5D sea of Time-Fluid, and interact with each other, creating complex patterns, not entirely dissimilar to that of dust on the surface of a pond. These patterns make up everything that we perceive as matter and the universe in our 3D existence. As the amount of 4D particles increase, so does the amount of gravity they throw off, causing the 5D Time-Fluid to become more dense, and causing the pattern of particles suspended within it to move more slowly, much like the slowing of dirt suspended in cooling molasses. We perceive this as the slowing of time in environments of increased gravity.
   This means that time travel is completely impossible, because time is merely the 5D fluid that the 4D particles that make up our universe are suspended in. Patterns continually shift within the Time-Fluid and are then gone. The Past no longer exists in any way, and likewise, the future does not exist. Time travel is impossible because time, as we perceive it, is merely the speed of shifting patterns within the 5D Time-Fluid.

*resumes normal breathing*
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: The Nature of the Universe and Time Travel
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »

*Takes a deep breath*

The visible universe is made up of 4D particles, of whom we can only perceive a small, 3D cross-section. As with a 2D cross-section of a 3D object, the cross-section is only a small part of the whole, and likewise, the 3D cross-sections of the 4D particles that make up the universe are much smaller than the actual size of the 4D particles themselves. This is what Dark Matter is. Dark Matter is nothing more than the rest of the 4D particle that we cannot perceive. We can observe gravity, because it is a 1D effect, causing two particles, in the absence of other factors, such as inertia, to move toward each other in a perfectly straight line.
   Time is a 5D fluid that is gathered by the gravity thrown off by the 4D particles, but has no gravity of it's own. The 4D particles are suspended within the 5D sea of Time-Fluid, and interact with each other, creating complex patterns, not entirely dissimilar to that of dust on the surface of a pond. These patterns make up everything that we perceive as matter and the universe in our 3D existence. As the amount of 4D particles increase, so does the amount of gravity they throw off, causing the 5D Time-Fluid to become more dense, and causing the pattern of particles suspended within it to move more slowly, much like the slowing of dirt suspended in cooling molasses. We perceive this as the slowing of time in environments of increased gravity.
   This means that time travel is completely impossible, because time is merely the 5D fluid that the 4D particles that make up our universe are suspended in. Patterns continually shift within the Time-Fluid and are then gone. The Past no longer exists in any way, and likewise, the future does not exist. Time travel is impossible because time, as we perceive it, is merely the speed of shifting patterns within the 5D Time-Fluid.

*resumes normal breathing*
Incorrect parts have been colored in red.
Read up on general relativity. Then some quantum mechanics just for good measure. And once you have a decent understanding of that, this: http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-07/quantum-time-machine-lets-you-travel-past-without-fear-grandfather-paradox
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:02:22 pm by alway »

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 09:58:53 pm »

The answer is 1.

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 10:03:48 pm »

@Alway
I have, I do, it's pretty simple stuff.
Seriously, I read this stuff for fun when I'm bored.
For instance, the article you linked to does not describe actual time travel, but rather the recreation of the past.
To make a more simple analogy, it would be like if we completely reverted to the 1950's in appearance, technology and mannerisms. It wouldn't actually be the 1950's, just a recreation of them. Amusingly, it does not conflict with the idea set fourth in my OP.

You're boring. :-[ Guess I'll go read.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:07:31 pm by Krelos »
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 10:07:09 pm »

You may read it but you obviously don't pay any attention to it.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 10:13:16 pm »

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 10:22:28 pm »

Omg you guys imagine if like the whole universe was like a giant forum and every planet is a seperate subsection and every atom is a character!!! We could all be just the contents of some intergalactic post full of stupid bullshit about the nature of the universe!!!

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 10:39:05 pm »

Hey guys, posting from the year 2142 here, and don't worry, we got all this shit figured out now. So don't even sweat it. I'd explain it all for you, but I find the naivety of your misconceptions charming.

Also, inb4 EYEARMS.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 11:52:33 pm »

Don't be silly, everyone knows the world ended in 2012 when Keanu Reeves stepped on that banana. We're all jesus in purgatory now.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 12:10:58 am »

Hey guys, posting from the year 2142 here, and don't worry, we got all this shit figured out now. So don't even sweat it. I'd explain it all for you, but I find the naivety of your misconceptions charming.

Also, inb4 EYEARMS.

I'm here posting from the year 2143, just to say that WE WERE WRONG...oh gods what the hell is that... OH MY GODS... AHHHHHHHH.....
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 12:20:15 am »

There's this guy named Armok, you might have met him.  I think you two will get along.

Please teach him how to spell.

You may read it but you obviously don't pay any attention to it.

I have the hugest straight-guy mancrush on Dasleah, seriously.
Shoes...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 12:22:02 am »

I don't know about you guys, but I've been traveling through time for as long as I can remember. Why, just last year, I was in 2009.
!!&!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 12:30:34 am »

When you see it

You may need to click on the picture to get the full-sized one.
Shoes...

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 01:03:19 am »

In 2142, the PAC were fighting the EU over the little resources left in Africa and Asia Minor.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 01:39:57 am »

Do you realize that a 4 corner rotating 1/4 turn creates a full circle?  A full rotated square will create16  corners, 96 hours and 4 simultaneous

24 hour Day circles within only a single
imaginary cubed Earth roation.     This amounts to a spiraling quad helix of
Earth as it revolves around the Sun - rotating as it revolves around the Sun, to induce the value of the Sun revolving about the Earth. This act demonstrates that both Sun and Earth rotate around each other simultaneously - thus creating Opposites existing only as Opposites with a zero value existence between the binary and cancelling to nothing as One or God theism. All Creation occurs between
Opposites, and exists only as Opposites - with a zero value existence. As One or as a Godism, all Opposite values cancel out
to nothing. The Circle you see around Earth divides Earth into Opposite values equal to a zero existence. As One or God, both Earth and Human cancel to nothing. The whole of the Universe is composed of Opposites - with a zero value existence - that cancels to nothing as One or a God. Humans worship ONEness of DEATH, thus they are destroying the LIFE of all
Opposites by which all Creation exists. I have found Evil lies in the Bible that will rock religious and academic values to their
primitive origin. There is no Human or God who can match my Cube Wisdom as a Cube Phenomenology - The Cube
God Measurer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4