Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70279 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 2: Trolls Galore
« Reply #405 on: September 24, 2010, 12:42:32 am »

One player chose the role Webadict; insofar as I can tell, this is a Cult Leader. Barring that, he must be Fidel Castro, but reviving once when he dies would probably be more... immediate. I find the recruitment more likely.

Hiding roleflips is an incredibly anti-town thing to have happen. In the first game with a Sleeping God (on MafiaScum) the Mafia had a player with a similar ability.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 24, 2010, 12:48:51 am »

One player chose the role Webadict; insofar as I can tell, this is a Cult Leader. Barring that, he must be Fidel Castro, but reviving once when he dies would probably be more... immediate. I find the recruitment more likely.

Hiding roleflips is an incredibly anti-town thing to have happen. In the first game with a Sleeping God (on MafiaScum) the Mafia had a player with a similar ability.
Interesting... how do you know so much about available roles?

I don't follow your logic regarding recruitment... how would that have rezzed him?

And since you have role information, what do you make of Archangel's vote-that-doesn't-count? I think that's enough of a drawback to mean, for balance, a ton of night powers or a scum/SK role. What do you think?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 24, 2010, 12:58:22 am »

My Intelligence is unparalleled.

Quick question, can the people who chose "Pyro" and "Large Hadron Collider" please claim? I need to ask you something.

Also, Archangel must be Loki. His vote doesn't count, but his abilities were:
1: Look exactly like another player for one night
2: An Auto Ability that makes people think whatever they target on him fails
3: The ability to instantly end the day with a hammer on whoever has the majority of votes.

Other information:
Rasputin, Samus Aran, and Existentialism&Nihilism are all very likely - almost certain - to be town.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 24, 2010, 01:06:06 am »

Hehehe, would you look at that.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 24, 2010, 01:07:54 am »

My Intelligence is unparalleled.
So is your bone, I hear... but I'll chalk this up to Pony-Power-of-DOOM perk for winning BYOR4, yes?

Also, Archangel must be Loki. His vote doesn't count, but his abilities were:
1: Look exactly like another player for one night
2: An Auto Ability that makes people think whatever they target on him fails
3: The ability to instantly end the day with a hammer on whoever has the majority of votes.

If this is right, this role must be scum or SK! To the point that I will unvote, and ask Archangel to comment, claim, confirm, deny, or justify the no-vote thing for balance. But I ain't forgotten you, IronyOwl.

ToonyMan, you were also a mighty Pony of Doom, do you confirm that this list exists as such a perk?

All hail the mighty ponies... I'm taking you at your word, Pandar, but if this is so, that role list is horrendously overpowered.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 24, 2010, 01:09:36 am »

So far, I haven't received a perk.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2010, 01:36:51 am »

I told you I knew what my options did before I chose them. The role knowledge is not perkrelated.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2010, 01:41:49 am »

I still don't follow your logic regarding Cult recruitment and breadbox's resurrection -- can you elaborate?

As I see it, breadbox's ultimate test of towniehood is going through with this night-rez of Org. If tomorrow Org is up and about, breadbox is confirmed townie; if he isn't, then he ain't and should be burned at the stake. Do you (or anyone) see a flaw in this logic?

I told you I knew what my options did before I chose them. The role knowledge is not perkrelated.
You mean your "choose two out of three" at game setup? Did you really have one that gave you a list of all the roles? Wow...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 24, 2010, 01:59:56 am »

Whoever chose "The Webadict" chose two of these three abilities:

King of the Mafia
Kill Webadict Now
I Am Mod

But always gets "Kill Webadict Now," which revives a player and gives them the role of "Webadict" with no powers and on the Webadict's team. This reeks of Cult.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 24, 2010, 02:22:37 am »

King of the Mafia
Kill Webadict Now
I Am Mod

But always gets "Kill Webadict Now," which revives a player and gives them the role of "Webadict" with no powers and on the Webadict's team. This reeks of Cult.

I see... it makes sense, and is possible. I would tend to take breadbox at his word given his posts and history, but if he was revived by someone else's vanilla resurrection, we should be wary of anyone else raising from the dead.

Does this webadict power say if it's night-only, day, or auto? If night, then breadbox is most suspect, but it may be a case of precedence (revive and recruit fighting for precedence over only available corpse); if day, someone else (joker/person/org/zai) would have raised already... there are complications here.

In any case, the breadbox ultimate towniehood test stands: If tomorrow Org is up and about, it means that he wasn't turned into a powerless cult recruit, but did indeed still have his one-shot rez pill, so he'd be a confirmed townie. But come tomorrow, if we are orgless we'll have us a breadbox barbecue. Yes?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 24, 2010, 02:30:59 am »

King of the Mafia
Kill Webadict Now
I Am Mod

In any case, the breadbox ultimate towniehood test stands: If tomorrow Org is up and about, it means that he wasn't turned into a powerless cult recruit, but did indeed still have his one-shot rez pill, so he'd be a confirmed townie. But come tomorrow, if we are orgless we'll have us a breadbox barbecue. Yes?

Crap. No. It leaves open the possibility of breadbox being a cult, and "The Webadict" raising Org as recruit overnight giving it the appearance of breadbox having used his rez pill... Double-crap. It sounds like even if Org is around tomorrow we can't know if he's the real Org (and breadbox a CT), or just a couple of puppets of "The Webadict"... does anyone see a way out of this conundrum?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 24, 2010, 02:33:54 am »

Crap. No. It leaves open the possibility of breadbox being a cult, and "The Webadict" raising Org as recruit overnight giving it the appearance of breadbox having used his rez pill... Double-crap. It sounds like even if Org is around tomorrow we can't know if he's the real Org (and breadbox a CT), or just a couple of puppets of "The Webadict"... does anyone see a way out of this conundrum?

I'm guessing it's a one-shot, since in the game it's taken from it was one-shot (and because wording implies it).  That said, I think we should try to figure out who would go with Webadict and lynch him, since he's probably a one-shot culting SK.  Breadbocks goes down later, since he isn't much of a threat right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 24, 2010, 02:38:40 am »

It is a Night Action and is absolutely NOT one-shot.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 24, 2010, 02:43:59 am »

It is a Night Action and is absolutely NOT one-shot.

Ah, really?  Never mind, then... time to start hunting.  Hm.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 24, 2010, 08:44:50 am »

I'll go out on a limb here and say it's ToonyMan or Lonewolf.  Why?  Pandar is a prior winner, and got a power that is clearly very strong.  The Webadict is clearly a strong role- likely cult. ToonyMan, Lonewolf, and Jokerman are the other three prior winners, but Jokerman's dead.  Between the two, I'd lean toward Lonewolf.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43