Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70246 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 2: Trolls Galore
« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2010, 10:05:45 am »

Ottofar, who needs to answer my questions from yesterday.  I'm going to add another few: what do you make of the night's events, and who do you think is scum?

Same query to Tylui.  I can't remember you posting at all in recent history, and it's kind of wigging me out.

Yayy someone asked me something!

What do I make of the night's events? To be honest, I feel cheated that we don't see their real roles... Makes it difficult to really grasp the gravity of the situation. Oh well... My main thought after reading it all was that breadbocks seemed overly reactive to the fact that he was revived. Smells fishy but who am I to say?

Who do I think is scum? Being that this is my first game it's still a little difficult for me to muddle through all the psychological bull pucky... (Quick aside: Reading the results again, it seems more likely that someone has a power to obscure all roles upon all deaths than that they were all turned into trolls individually, therefore causing their death. Especially since one died of poison...) Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and join the bandwagon and put some pressure on old Geno(MBP) for now, but I'm not voting. I've been suspicious of him since that whole I-Haven't-Posted-For-The-Past-Lots-Of-Pages-But-Now-That-It's-A-New-Day-I'm-Going-To-Post-A-Bunch-Just-So-I-Seem-Less-Suspicious ordeal.

How do you explain yourself, sir? I mean honestly, I haven't seen you post in pages 5, 6, OR 7(Quick note: I have the long pages on[50 posts/page], so I think that's actually 10 pages for the defaulted folks)

Again, I'm withholding my vote because I'm guilty of not posting recently either. To answer the unasked question as to why that is, it's because I have 3 jobs and I'm really more of a Perceiving personality type. I like to take in as much as I can before I make any judgement. It was difficult for me to see any objective conclusion last round. Plus, it seems to me like the more people post, the more they get themselves voted for. It's intimidating, to say the least. Haha.

And Zathras, answer a couple of questions for me. Tell me why you're voting for IronyOwl? I'm curious. Also, why does it link to Org instead of ToonyMan? Again, I'm curious.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 23, 2010, 10:17:50 am »

Tylui, i pretty much said it in my last post, ive been working like a madman on lab and lab reports. exams are incoming and i need to have good grades if i want to do my masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 23, 2010, 12:20:42 pm »

Yayy someone asked me something!

Don't just show up when you're questioned, please.

Oh well... My main thought after reading it all was that breadbocks seemed overly reactive to the fact that he was revived. Smells fishy but who am I to say?

That's fair.  I'll keep that in mind.

Again, I'm withholding my vote because I'm guilty of not posting recently either. To answer the unasked question as to why that is, it's because I have 3 jobs and I'm really more of a Perceiving personality type. I like to take in as much as I can before I make any judgement. It was difficult for me to see any objective conclusion last round. Plus, it seems to me like the more people post, the more they get themselves voted for. It's intimidating, to say the least. Haha.

You're lurking and trying to evade votes, pre-acting to save yourself from hypocrisy, and lurking.  I'm going to go easy on you because you're new and you have a heavy workload, but the aforementioned things are very bad.  You need to put your vote where your mouth is, because you won't be voted now for your behavior, but you will be voted later if people look back at post histories and see this in conjunction with any other scumtells--and in reality you'll drop scumtells, because you're new at this.

So.  Come join us!

(That said, I'm an INTJ/P [with 80% J-wards or P-wards depending on the day ::)], so I understand where you're coming from)

And Zathras, answer a couple of questions for me. Tell me why you're voting for IronyOwl? I'm curious. Also, why does it link to Org instead of ToonyMan? Again, I'm curious.

Well, at least you're asking questions.  That's good, though you do look a tad defensive there with your parrotings of "I'm curious, I'm curious."  You need no rationale to ask a question.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 23, 2010, 01:50:13 pm »

ToonyMan, are you the reason we're getting the Trollflips instead of Roleflips?
I have no idea why there was trollflips this morning instead of roleflips.
Epic morning was epic though.

I also have no idea how breadbocks was ressurected, but I wish somone else could have been personally.

Trolls.
MS Paint Adventures trolls.

How does this link to ToonyMan and not, say, Org?

Org is dead and flipped Town.
This makes me suspicious of Zathras because he's missing pretty big details.

I'm curious with Vector, Pandarsenic, and Ottofar.

Vector, you are the only one surviving the breadbock lynch and vote consecutively with Org.
Pandarsenic, you're active lurking and know it.
Ottofar, you were the second one up for lynch, and I'm basing this on you being scum 'cause breadbocks was town.

Vector, what were your major points for lynching breadbocks?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 23, 2010, 02:25:15 pm »

Dude, you can go back in the thread and find it.  It was at the beginning of D1 or so.

But meh.  Relevant posts:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Around then was when I stopped having time, so I didn't have a chance to do a thorough reading of the gigantic explosion between Breadbocks, scatterbrain, et al.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 23, 2010, 02:33:23 pm »

People that are lurking/lurky/not posting enough:

Mysteriousbluepuppet, Tylui, Pandarscenic, Ottofar, Archangel

Whilst they have given reasons for doing so, some better than others, I'd just like to point out how much inactivity there is. Inactivity hurts town; it's really hard to get a read on these people, and they've just slipped into the background. What I'm saying is that any townie worth his or her salt should try to be making as much of a contribution as possible - and while none of these individuals are sticking out enough of the moment for me to latch onto (partly because there's five of them, and partly because reasons have been given for inactivity), this should be considered a general warning/middling strength FoS. Hopefully the sheep and the goats will sort themselves out pretty soon.

Anyway. Breadbocks. Yah got some 'splainin ta do boy. Why do you think you're still alive? For what reasons? Got anything to say for yourself after the general debacle of yesterday? You said that yesterday, if you could go back in time, part of the plan would be to push the lurkers more - why haven't you gotten straight down to business then? Have you learned anything in particular from being dead? How do you plan to use your revive? And, above all - if you can conveniently come back form the dead, and for the reasons I stated yesterday I can't see a townie being particularly keen to use his (presumably one-shot) resurrection on you, then why shouldn't I believe that you're aligned with the mafia?

(the plan today was to push Org some more + get that evidence sorted out... but, he's dead. so i'm kinda getting back on my feet here, bare with me till i get some more reads)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 23, 2010, 02:58:43 pm »

- breadbocks, do you have any information on the mechanics of your resurrection? Did your role, alignment, or other intersting bits change at all? Is your roleclaim as posted yesterday still valid? If so, I suggest using your resurrection on one of the dead townies at once, otherwise you'll likely die during the night (or sooner if any scum has a daykill). Maybe even Jokerman, if your conscience is hurtin'... though I suspect if you resurrect Org, the troll-flip thing would go away.

No. Basically what my rez-ify PM said was that I'm back. I'll send my rez-pill use tonight, and see what happens. I'm agreed with you that Org would be rather useful, and there is no way I'd waste my rez-pill on Jokerman. I have no achey conscience for killing someone who acted horribly scummy.

Breadbocks, you've posted twice already with statements that were mostly fluff.  Are you intending to scumhunt at any point, or are you going to sit around acting shocked?
Yes. I wasn't quite sure what to make of my rez, but I am going to go scumhunt. And I'll start with you. The only connection between the trolls I could find was they all voted for me. The only person who voted for me and DIDN'T pop up dead this morning was you. When ToonyMan questioned you on it, you responded with an attack on me. Care to give an explanation?

Anyway. Breadbocks. Yah got some 'splainin ta do boy. Why do you think you're still alive? For what reasons? Got anything to say for yourself after the general debacle of yesterday? You said that yesterday, if you could go back in time, part of the plan would be to push the lurkers more - why haven't you gotten straight down to business then? Have you learned anything in particular from being dead? How do you plan to use your revive? And, above all - if you can conveniently come back form the dead, and for the reasons I stated yesterday I can't see a townie being particularly keen to use his (presumably one-shot) resurrection on you, then why shouldn't I believe that you're aligned with the mafia?

Quick clarification, I died then came back. I never got Night 1. What happened was Web posted that I got lynched, locked the thread, and then when he said it was morning again, I got a PM saying something along the lines of "You're dead. You wonder what being dead it like. Oh, wait, no you aren't.". That was all there was. No explanation of who rezed me, why they rezed me, if I have my own rez-pill still. Nothing learned other than I'm not dead anymore. I'm not sure if I still have my pill, but I'll send a PM tonight saying I want to use the pill on Org. Perhaps a townie used the one-shot rez on me to have a confirmed townie on our side. (Assuming you are Pro-Town. Never make assumptions was one of the few things I learned in geometry last year.)
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 23, 2010, 03:02:52 pm »

I should have phrased that better, anyway.

What are your thoughts now?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 23, 2010, 03:08:48 pm »

Breadbocks, you've posted twice already with statements that were mostly fluff.  Are you intending to scumhunt at any point, or are you going to sit around acting shocked?
Yes. I wasn't quite sure what to make of my rez, but I am going to go scumhunt. And I'll start with you. The only connection between the trolls I could find was they all voted for me. The only person who voted for me and DIDN'T pop up dead this morning was you. When ToonyMan questioned you on it, you responded with an attack on me. Care to give an explanation?

ToonyMan asked what points I backed my vote with.  I responded with a spoiler full of the posts I'd made.  That is not an attack on you, so don't pretend it is.

I don't know why I'm not dead, but I suspect that it wasn't a mass-kill so much as a lot of people firing off NKs of some stripe or another.  Might have been one-shot, might have been multi-shot, but I don't know.  My personal guess is that the fact that the people who died were all voting you was a coincidence, because I have no information that implies something to the contrary.

I should have phrased that better, anyway.

What are your thoughts now?

Mine?  They're up higher in a response to Zathras.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that he's acting mildly scummy, but more like a newb than anything else.  As such, I'm giving him until D3 to get his act together before my comments on his scumtells become attacks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 23, 2010, 03:43:54 pm »

MBP:  Keep riding that scumtell.

- IronyOwl, you were the only person voting Scatterbrain at the end of the day. Do you think he is scum? If so, why? If not, why didn't you move your vote?

- Archangel, do you have an explanation for how your vote counts as "X" instead of a normal vote? I read elsewhere that you were off other games for a bit -- are you still active for this, or will you request a replacement?

Zathras:  Do you think IO is scum because he was voting someone you think is town, or are you sticking to your reasons of D1?  Also, you're rolefishing Archangel.  Watch it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 23, 2010, 03:47:41 pm »

Well thanks for the tips then.

And yeah, hopefully I'll be more active. During the weekends it is a little more difficult for me to post, since I don't sit at a computer for 8 hours of the day like I do at work.

As far as breadbocks goes, I'm kind wary of voting him. He said he was town, then wubba said he was town, and now he's alive again. Given his past transparency, I don't think he would lie about the information he was given about his resurrection. But if his res pill doesn't work tonight I'm definitely voting him.

I don't know why I'm not dead, but I suspect that it wasn't a mass-kill so much as a lot of people firing off NKs of some stripe or another.  Might have been one-shot, might have been multi-shot, but I don't know.  My personal guess is that the fact that the people who died were all voting you was a coincidence, because I have no information that implies something to the contrary.

I'm wont to believe that the deaths were likely all single target kills, and there's troll running around obscuring all night kills...

Also, MBP, you're further fueling my suspicion. Why disappear for a long time just to reappear with a fervor after everyone dies?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 23, 2010, 03:49:59 pm »

I'm wont to believe that the deaths were likely all single target kills, and there's troll running around obscuring all night kills...

Yes, this.  I'm also prone to thinking it's ToonyMan, since he ignored Pandarsenic's question and posted multiple times in reference to recent information.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 23, 2010, 03:54:42 pm »

ToonyMan, are you the reason we're getting the Trollflips instead of Roleflips?
I have no idea why there was trollflips this morning instead of roleflips.
Yeah I ignored it.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 23, 2010, 03:56:48 pm »

Besides the one that breadbocks did there were three deaths. I'd be terrified to think that was one person...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 23, 2010, 04:05:51 pm »

Besides the one that breadbocks did there were three deaths. I'd be terrified to think that was one person...
They might have been tied together, so that when Jokerman dropped dead of poison, all the rest dropped dead.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 43