Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70239 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2010, 11:16:17 am »

Votecount, please.

As I see it Jokerman has been lurking whole the day until just now. Bandwagon followed.

Thundering again, posting more after it's over.

You're... just saying "here's a bandwagon, let me hop on it?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2010, 01:25:05 pm »

Breadbocks:
You are keen to point out that there's a difference between saying that you've used your one-shot action, and actually using it. Backtracking, are we?

How can I prove it, but to use it? It won't show until Night time, or possibly tomorrow morning. No clue when the town will find him gone.

- If you want to cloud our perceptions in this way, then why bother roleclaiming in order to gain legitimacy at all?

Does that question not answer itself? I'm not clouding perceptions.

Why are you (to use a phrase I don't particularly like, sorry) backing down from attacking a person (Mr P) that you think is scum?

I haven't. My vote is still on him. I'm focusing on the obvscum, and seeing if there is ANY possibility of him not being scum. As, if I understand correctly, one-use powers are only one use, and I wouldn't want to waste it. Not getting the results I want from that tactic.

Not that you did all that attacking in the first place. Your argument has been, for both Jokerman and Mr Person, that they hadn't posted much, and what you saw you didn't like. Why not go an try and push them some?

Again, I've been focusing on Jokerman. When I said my kill was on him, he only got more scummy.

Get some more out of them to affirm your suspicions (something that ESPECIALLY applies for poisoning Jokerman)? And what about all of the other people that have been half-lurking today? Why aren't you as equally as suspicious of all of them?

Most of them I AM suspicious of with the exceptions of: Ottofar's comp was broken down, which is understandable, and Org is being strange, so not sure what to think. It just happened the Mr.P was the first to catch my suspicions.

- Why bother voting for Jokerman if you're going to kill him anyway? It's hard to believe that it simply 'occured' to you to kill him off so quickly, based on so little, without doing any pushing of your own or initiating any sort of discussion about it. It's... it's not good, man. It's very not good. Where did you get such confidence from? Cos it looks hella suspicious to use your one-shot ability when you didn't even take the time to substantiate your case in the slightest.

My vote ISN'T on Jokerman.
With not much time left in the day, I've come the the conclusion, Mr. Person is the most active scum. We can hold off a bit on the lurkers/need replacements. Jokerman will be gone soon enough that he is no worry.

If you could step back in time, and start this thread afresh, would you do anything differently?
- If so, what and why? If not, why?

I'd definitely press Mr.P and the rest of the lurkers harder. All my money is on that at least two scum are hiding in the rest of the lurkers.
Answers in bold. Also, happy Talk Like A Pirate Day! YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2010, 05:11:57 pm »

Quick aside

I hate it when people do that "Answers in the quote in bold" thing. It makes responding really confusing if you try and quote the thing. Oh well, it still works, and that's all that matters. And I suppose getting mad at a style of responding is really, really stupid.

Scatterbrain, that was a really good analysis of the situation. The only problem is that you didn't come to a conclusion in it, so it's not very useful. I can see that you're still questioning Breadbocks, so carry on.

Bocks, you fuckhead, that was the stupidest goddam play I've ever seen! You shoot off your 1-shot power on DAY ONE?! How in the flying fuck would you ever think you have enough evidence to justify that? Fuck, I'm going to die because the noob can't figure out how to play?

I'm guessing he's town, because no matter who his scumbuddies are in this game, there's no one that would allow him to play this badly. So that's great.

u mad?

Wait, what I meant to say was, shooting off 1-shot powers early, even killing ones, is not even in the same league of stupidity as you seem to think it is. Would you of rather he waited til lylo to bust out the poison-death? And you should know as well as the next guy that day-1 suspicions are usually just as powerful if not more so than later suspicions. But hey, don't fret yet, you're still very much in the game. So then, Jokerman, who should we be lynching?

Pretty sure Breadbocks is town.

Votecount, please.

As I see it Jokerman has been lurking whole the day until just now. Bandwagon followed.

I'll just go ahead and vote Ottofar for not reading the fucking thread and for blatant bandwagoning with NO reasoning whatsoever. Seriously, not posting would of been better than this shit.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2010, 07:45:54 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Scatterbrain - IronyOwl,
Jokerman-EXE - Toaster, Ottofar,
Org - Scatterbrain,
Tylui -
Zathras -
Pandarsenic - Tylui,
Zai -
Lonewolf I - Archangel,
Archangel -
Toaster - Mysteriousbluepuppet,
Ottofar - Mr.Person,
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
breadbocks - Zai, Vector, Org, Lonewolf I, Jokerman-EXE,
ToonyMan -
Vector -
Mr.Person - ToonyMan, breadbocks,
IronyOwl - Pandarsenic, Zathras,

Not Voting -

Day Ends Monday At 9 PM Central. 9 To Hammer. 1 Extension and 1 Shorten Requested.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 09:33:14 pm by webadict »

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2010, 09:31:08 pm »

Votecount, please.

You hypocrite. You were also "lurking whole the day until just now," scumnuts. Could you at least come up with some better evidence than that, Ottofar? Because all you've said about him applies to you, too.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 19, 2010, 11:31:59 pm »

I'm going to say I believe BB's roleclaim.  As such, unvote Jokerman as it's not doing any good there.

Ottofar is an idiot for claiming to bandwagon on someone who had one vote at the time, but Mysteriousbluepuppet has failed to put up his suspicion and is riding Toaster's #1 Scumtell long and hard.  That moves him from lurky to scummy in my book.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 19, 2010, 11:59:31 pm »

COW

CUBE

COWUBE

(Delirious from fatigue [didn't sleep last night, left on drive to college at 6 AM] but stalling on unpacking my stuff and putting sheets on my bed so I can actually shower and sleep and blaaaaaaaaaargh)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 20, 2010, 06:42:46 pm »

Wuba - Vector just switched to Otto.  Also, nice pirate avatar.

Pandar - You sure you don't need a replacement or something?  You can hardly even call what you've been doing activelurking.

Unvote - breadbocks, you should use your 1-shot revive immediately if we lynch town today.  I doubt you'll live long enough to use it otherwise.  You're probably dead tonight anyway, and a confirmed/semi-confirmed townie would be an excellent legacy.

Otto - You bussing your bandwagoning scumbuddy?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 20, 2010, 06:48:09 pm »

No, I didn't.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 20, 2010, 07:10:02 pm »

Yeah. Lonewolf, I'm not going to survive today.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 20, 2010, 07:12:57 pm »

Wuba - Vector just switched to Otto.
No, I didn't.

So, you stand by your vote for breadbocks? Do you still think he's scum, or have further reasons to see him hang?

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 20, 2010, 07:26:47 pm »

No, I didn't.

My bad.  Got you and Mr.P mixed up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:24 pm »

So, you stand by your vote for breadbocks? Do you still think he's scum, or have further reasons to see him hang?

To be honest, I haven't had as much time for this as I'd like to--I'm suddenly back in school for the first time in five or six months, so the past few days have been surprisingly busy (in other words, my ability to analyze BB's play history has been a bit diminished).  Mostly, I didn't want my vote going where I hadn't put it due to player-induced mod error.

That said, I'm currently debating between breadbocks, mysteriousbluepuppet (forgot he existed until this post ::)), and Ottofar.  All three are scummy, and I can't actually read any of them very well.  Breadbocks has improved a little bit in the recent game, but not enough that he's gotten the all-clear from the other things I noticed while I was voting him.  Puppet... sidelined and then completely disappeared.  Looks rather like his game in BYOR 4.  Ottofar tried to lurk and then join a bandwagon for what appears to be no reason at all.

So, there you have it.  With luck, I'll have time later tonight to examine things and make my final decision.

Request prod on MBP.

Quick question: is there some reason why you've been gone recently?  I seem to remember only three posts from you so far, this game.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 20, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »

To be honest, I haven't had as much time for this as I'd like to [...] Mostly, I didn't want my vote going where I hadn't put it due to player-induced mod error.
Fair enough. Your vote was long ago, and the breadbocks situation has hilariously evolved quite a bit since then, so I was asking to see if you had more recent thoughts. If you don't yet, that's cool; I'd hope to see more meat behind your vote before the day ends, though.

Quick question: is there some reason why you've been gone recently?  I seem to remember only three posts from you so far, this game.
Been rather busy too, and didn't have much meaningful to say. The game has languished in activity over the last few days (I think the extension was unnecessary, but didn't have strong motivation to oppose it); hopefully it'll pick up after today/tonight.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 20, 2010, 09:47:03 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Scatterbrain - IronyOwl, [1]
Jokerman-EXE - Ottofar, [1]
Org - Scatterbrain, [1]
Tylui -
Zathras -
Pandarsenic - Tylui, [1]
Zai -
Lonewolf I - Archangel, [X]
Archangel -
Toaster - Mysteriousbluepuppet, [1]
Ottofar - Mr.Person, Lonewolf I, [2]
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Toaster, [1]
breadbocks - Zai, Vector, Org, Jokerman-EXE, [4]
ToonyMan -
Vector -
Mr.Person - ToonyMan, breadbocks, [2]
IronyOwl - Pandarsenic, Zathras, [2]

Not Voting -

Day Ends Monday At 9 PM Central. 9 To Hammer. 1 Extension and 1 Shorten Requested.

breadbocks has been lynched!

breadbocks was The Obligatory Drug Dealer (town).

Now, see here yung'un. That's when they done grabbed that man breadbocks. But, it turned out he was parta the town.

Now that I think about it, it don' make to much sense to kill them and then find out their alignment. But, that's how them kids were back then, ya understand?

I am sick and tired of yer dang yellin' at me to finish the story. Go cut me a switch while I remember!

It is now Night.

breadbocks - The Obligatory Drug Dealer
You decided to deal drugs... Just the legal, RPG kind.
(Night, 1-Use) Necronio [target]: You will revive the target. The target will remain the same role and team.
(Day, 1-Use) Venenium [target]: The target becomes Poisoned. Poisoned players die at the end of the following Night.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:52:41 pm by webadict »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43