Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70300 times)

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #315 on: September 18, 2010, 01:41:55 pm »

Bocks, you fuckhead, that was the stupidest goddam play I've ever seen! You shoot off your 1-shot power on DAY ONE?! How in the flying fuck would you ever think you have enough evidence to justify that? Fuck, I'm going to die because the noob can't figure out how to play?

I'm guessing he's town, because no matter who his scumbuddies are in this game, there's no one that would allow him to play this badly. So that's great.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 18, 2010, 01:56:30 pm »

o.O You're not going to die because I can't figure out how to play. You're going to die because you spent 3/4 of the first day lurking, then you band-wagoned with no excuse until prodded for it, then you don't complain about finding out I'm killing you until after you make a post responding to the post in which I SAID I was killing you. The only possible reason for the delay I can conceive of is your scumbuddies realized your dive attempt to keep bad townie alive failed, so wanted you to play "OMG you so stupid!" to make it seem like you are a useful townie who will be killed off for no reason. Sorry dude. Not buying it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2010, 02:23:09 pm »

Jokerman probably just scanned instead of reading your post.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 18, 2010, 02:24:51 pm »

So.

Fucking.

Stupid.

For one thing, I'm willing to bet you don't even understand half of what you just said, because it's pretty much just a carbon copy of everyone else's argument. You're fucking dumb for this shit. And since I'm evidently going to die anyway, I'm done arguing with you; it makes me feel like I'm rapidly losing braincells.
BLARG IM DED

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 18, 2010, 02:45:57 pm »

It is? I think i'm missing some of the thread then. And I believe calling me different synonyms of stupid with "FUCKING" in front of them won't change the fact I'm killing you, or my IQ. For the record, it takes a lot more than that to trick me into making stupid mistakes.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 18, 2010, 03:01:17 pm »

It is? I think i'm missing some of the thread then. And I believe calling me different synonyms of stupid with "FUCKING" in front of them won't change the fact I'm killing you, or my IQ. For the record, it takes a lot more than that to trick me into making stupid mistakes.
What exactly qualifies as a "stupid mistake" to you?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 18, 2010, 03:57:20 pm »

Webadict accepting breadbocks into the game.
BLARG IM DED

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2010, 04:00:14 pm »

Not killing scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2010, 04:01:15 pm »

Stop the unreasonable bashing of breadbocks, we get the point.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2010, 05:30:52 pm »

I'm laughing so hard right now at the breadbox situation. Now you guys all feel the pain I went through during BMXIV. I'd cry if it wasn't so funny.

I think the proper word is Schadenfreude.

Amusingly, he'll probably survive the day again...
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 18, 2010, 06:43:10 pm »

Zath, it isn't capitalized (schadenfreude, not Schadenfreude).  Also, I'm just as townie as I was in BM14. As I stated earlier, my natural personality is on the scummy side of things.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2010, 05:25:10 am »

Now you've put me in a bit of a dilemma, breadbocks. Going by what I've seen from your first game, then I wouldn't say that you're scum, only that you're a townie that has slipped up. A gargantuan and scummy slip-up, granted, but still just a townie. Not to mention that you don't know how to use your powers, and were scared into a roleclaim as a last resort to show your towniness. Which, from my perspective, being just as new to the game as you are, I can understand - it occured to me as a move to be made if shit goes really badly. I think you played that card a bit earlier than I would've, but each to their own I guess.

So, do I think that you're a scum that's wringing his hands together in glee, seeing just how brilliantly his devilish plan has come together? Frankly, no. Do I think that you're a scum that has made some stupid mistakes to get yourself in this position? Well, I doubt your scumteam would've let you get this deep in the first place, so no.

But the dilemma is... you HAVE made some immensely scummy calls.

And the danger of that doesn't finish with 'he could be mafia'. I'm thinking about how I mysself used it, as scum, in the beginners mafia. You survived day 1 (somehow), so I took the opportunity on day 2 to lay into your scumminess like nobody's business. The amount of townie-points it bought me saw me through a day when I was starting to come under some pressure, and gave me and USEC (my scumpartner) an easy target to vote for for the remainder of the game; a pretty great cover. Basically, it was a Godsend.

So. What's to be done about that? Is it a good enough reason to lynch you early so that mafia don't get the most out you? Would doing so be playing straight into the mafia's hands? Those are questions that I don't really know the answer to right now. That said, the bonus that we might (though I really don't think so) hit on a mafioso if we lynch you might just swing it.

This calls for a bit more questioning, methinks.

Breadbocks:
You are keen to point out that there's a difference between saying that you've used your one-shot action, and actually using it. Backtracking, are we?
- If you want to cloud our perceptions in this way, then why bother roleclaiming in order to gain legitimacy at all?

Why are you (to use a phrase I don't particularly like, sorry) backing down from attacking a person (Mr P) that you think is scum? Not that you did all that attacking in the first place. Your argument has been, for both Jokerman and Mr Person, that they hadn't posted much, and what you saw you didn't like. Why not go an try and push them some? Get some more out of them to affirm your suspicions (something that ESPECIALLY applies for poisoning Jokerman)? And what about all of the other people that have been half-lurking today? Why aren't you as equally as suspicious of all of them?
- Why bother voting for Jokerman if you're going to kill him anyway? It's hard to believe that it simply 'occured' to you to kill him off so quickly, based on so little, without doing any pushing of your own or initiating any sort of discussion about it. It's... it's not good, man. It's very not good. Where did you get such confidence from? Cos it looks hella suspicious to use your one-shot ability when you didn't even take the time to substantiate your case in the slightest.

If you could step back in time, and start this thread afresh, would you do anything differently?
- If so, what and why? If not, why?

I'm looking forward to see what comes out of this.

(oh, yeah, hopefully that was a bit less garbled and martian than my other posts :) )

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2010, 05:28:20 am »

Protecting your scum bud, perhaps?
I gave my reasons for voting breadblocks. Troll harder.

this scum buddy being who?

also, your 'reasons' for voting breadbocks were the totally substantial, completely watertight and totally infallible:

All in all, buddying, using meta, bluh bluh huge Breadlocks

'derp', as they say.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 19, 2010, 05:34:06 am »

whoo triple post

Provide the evidence yourself.

i'm getting round to this

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2010, 07:22:07 am »

Votecount, please.

As I see it Jokerman has been lurking whole the day until just now. Bandwagon followed.

Thundering again, posting more after it's over.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43