Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70260 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2010, 06:22:26 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Scatterbrain - breadbocks, Toaster, IronyOwl,
Jokerman-EXE -
Org - Mr.Person,
Tylui -
Zathras -
Pandarsenic - Tylui,
Zai - Ottofar, Zathras,
Lonewolf I - Archangel,
Archangel - Scatterbrain,
Toaster - Mysteriousbluepuppet,
Ottofar -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
breadbocks - Zai, Vector,
ToonyMan -
Vector - Org,
Mr.Person - Lonewolf I, ToonyMan,
IronyOwl -

Not Voting - Jokerman-EXE, Pandarsenic,

Day Ends Thursday At 9 PM Central. 9 To Hammer.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2010, 06:50:06 am »

Hell with "soon," I got sidetracked. Going to sleep. Appointment with a doctor tomorrow, I'll try to post soon but requesting an Extension pre-emptively.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2010, 08:16:38 am »

guhhhh really tired + feel like shit (sick :( ) today so i'll answer some qu's tomorrow when i can think/see straight. big problem seems to be about my opening question, and basically i asked it cos a) it's a bit more different from the usual opening questions and b) because i'd kinda assumed that, in a game-type where the emphasis is on the roles (or so i supposed) i had pretty much assumed that the discussion would head that way/would generally include that. guess not though, can see your point about it being kinda scummy. so, when do people start talking about the roles? cos i'm still kinda confused about this being a role-game, but nobody wants to talk about the 'em. (i get that it's not good for a start but... yeah. when does it? you can tell i ain't done much :<)

blargh. probably gonna go sleep some more and get some more hot chocolate + medicine in me. request extension too please.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2010, 08:17:51 am »

edit: done this much, i guess.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 15, 2010, 10:09:19 am »

My original argument for voting Pandar(I don't know much else about anyone else, so I picked based on this reasoning):
But seriously, I have a hunch that Pandar is scum. He picked a pony last game. And won. He's probably feeling pretty sinister this time around, what with extra powers and all. I bet he picked a nice scummy character.
Do do do do votin' Pandarsenic.  High chance of being scum.
High chance of being tired, more like.
Sure, you're tired. I'll wait for your next post to defend yourself.

Still not going into any of the more useful activities I could be doing because I'm freaking exhausted. Medication is shitty sometimes. And I get very incoherent when I try to do anything at all complex in Mafia while fatigued, so... yeah.
Ah okay... I suppose I'll let it slide, it's only been three hours. I'll wait for your next post to defend yourself.

Tylui has a point on Pandarsenic, see below.

But seriously, I have a hunch that Pandar is scum. He picked a pony last game. And won. He's probably feeling pretty sinister this time around, what with extra powers and all. I bet he picked a nice scummy character.
This is purely hypothetical meta, but it sounds likely. Especially given his absence, not that I'm one to talk on that note.

Pandarsenic, who do you suspect and why? You can wait 'til you're not high on pony dust. I mean medication.
IronyOwl also, at least somewhat, supports this idea.

For those who seek my insight, I should be coherent some time within 7 hours. If I'm lucky.
A couple hours later still... All right, so your medication is still going 5 hours later. Perfectly understandable. But you're exhausted... Are you going to sleep within the next 7 hours? Well, to your credit you WERE inactive on the forums for the next 7 hours...  I'll wait for your next post to defend yourself.

Tylui, that's the stupidest meta attempt I've ever read. More info soonish. Hungry.
Why is it the stupidest meta attempt? IronyOwl, and if I'm not mistaken, at least one other person, seemed to think it was okay. You're hungry? Ah okay.  I'll wait for your next post to defend yourself.

Hell with "soon," I got sidetracked. Going to sleep. Appointment with a doctor tomorrow, I'll try to post soon but requesting an Extension pre-emptively.
Well, as long as it's for medical reasons, I suppose I'll just do something else for awhile.  I'll wait for your next post to defend yourself.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 15, 2010, 01:10:17 pm »

I meant accusing a player of something and not explaining to them what your accusation was.

Right--sorry, in that particular instance it was because I felt I needed to test more on that particular theory.  I always intended to explain what was going on after that post you quoted, no matter what he answered.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2010, 06:09:04 pm »

It's the stupidest meta attempt because ALIGNMENTS ARE ASSIGNED RANDOMLY. No matter what I choose I have exactly as much chance as any other player of being scum.

Heading off to see the doctor now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2010, 06:15:45 pm »

Pandar, seems pretty damn useful. I admire you.
Scumbox here be buddying. WHY IS THAT, SCUM?

guhhhh really tired + feel like shit (sick :( ) today so i'll answer some qu's tomorrow when i can think/see straight. big problem seems to be about my opening question, and basically i asked it cos a) it's a bit more different from the usual opening questions and b) because i'd kinda assumed that, in a game-type where the emphasis is on the roles (or so i supposed) i had pretty much assumed that the discussion would head that way/would generally include that. guess not though, can see your point about it being kinda scummy. so, when do people start talking about the roles? cos i'm still kinda confused about this being a role-game, but nobody wants to talk about the 'em. (i get that it's not good for a start but... yeah. when does it? you can tell i ain't done much :<)
Read old games (preferably of a similar gametype). That's a good way to learn (though I can't say I know that from doing it myself; I've played since the second or third game on Bay 12, when we were still getting our feet wet. I hear it's a good idea, though).

Do do do do votin' Pandarsenic.  High chance of being scum.
High chance of being tired, more like.
Sure, you're tired. I'll wait for your next post to defend yourself.
There was nothing to defend from. You effectively attacked him with WIFOM. You cannot defend against that, dumbass. Key words in your quote: "I bet." That's speculation; an opinion. An opinion cannot be defended from if no actual evidence is provided to back it up in the first place.

Sleeping early again tonight. Hopefully.

[PPE:] I don't think they're all randomly assigned, Pandar. Pretty sure Web's said something to that effect before. I could be wrong, and damned if I'm gonna go look for the quote in the last 4 games. It'd be quicker to ask Web, assuming he answers.

WEB: Are all of the roles randomly assigned?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2010, 06:22:10 pm »

Of course not!

The players pick them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2010, 06:41:06 pm »

Of course not!

The players pick them.
...Damn it. I said the wrong thing. I seriously need more sleep.

WEB: Are all of the alignments randomly assigned?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2010, 06:44:39 pm »

WEB: Are all of the alignments randomly assigned?
Lol.

Usually. I mean, sometimes it's just too good to pass up. Or because I love the irony.

Although, this could very well be random anyhow, so short answer, yes.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2010, 07:51:20 pm »

Ugggh. Sorry I'ven't gotten to post for ~24 hours. Mr.Person, I'll get to that in just another post. I need to answer the questions directed at me since my last post that I can answer with out quote hunting.
@ Toaster: Well, thanks for the tip. It seemed to me just questioning everybody and seeing if anybody responded strange. It seemed to make sense at the time that I needed quantity over quality.
@ Archangel:Aye. That occurred to me, which is why I clarified.
@ Zai: Uh.. if you wouldn't mind looking farther down on the page you got that quote from, and look a bit above you, and discover I clarified.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 15, 2010, 10:21:01 pm »

Early game you keep your role to yourself unless claiming would seriously help the town.  At some point midgame (especially if you're at lylo) a mass claim can help spot inconsistent claims, a prime indicator of scum.  Any earlier, and all knowing roles does is help highlight targets for you scum.

Be ready to give a good reason why you shouldn't hang tomorrow.

Breadbocks:  Quality is far more important.  One insightful attack that tears someone apart is much more useful than a dozen questions that do nothing.  Now I can't say anything against asking several people questions (I do it a lot), but they need to be good ones.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:22 pm »

Also:

To everyone:  I'll be out of town Friday and coming back mid-Sunday, so I'll be limited to brief phone posting between then, if that.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 15, 2010, 11:28:02 pm »

IronyOwl, jumping on a bandwagon so soon? You come across as scummily eager on this.
I've been his most verbose attacker. What kind of bandwagon attempt is more thorough than the real town's?

IronyOwl.
Im not even sure what you are doing. You have no quotes, and its barely an argument against me. Its just you repeating what others have said.
Spoiler: Org Quotes (click to show/hide)
You're being strange and not scum hunting. At best you're reaction gathering.

Those quotes are also the bulk of your comments. Do something useful or hang.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43