Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70269 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2010, 03:17:41 pm »

I got this shit. Let's lynch Org. RiA is an exclusive scum move.

Don't worry, Org, everything will work out good for you.
Nope
There was no way I could have been joking.
None. I mean, really?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2010, 03:33:50 pm »

That's wonderful, Org, but you have yet to prove you're not scum.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2010, 03:34:49 pm »

That's wonderful, Org, but you have yet to prove you're not scum.
I hate that question Mr.Person, only scum us it.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2010, 04:25:21 pm »

Reading through the topic, catching up on what I missed... Oh dear there are a lot of players to question.

Scatterbrain: Why sure. What did you learn about avoiding looking scummy last BM, and how will you apply that to this game, if you are scum, and if you aren't how will you use it to help you scumhunt? Toaster seems to have you pegged as scum.

Jokerman-EXE: Who are your suspicions on, and why have you made only one post since the start by my reckoning?

Org: What source do you have that Zathras is scum? Your scumbuddy list? You're going to need to give more evidence as to how you know Zath is scum than "He's scum!".

Tylui: Didn't the "obvscum" role in a past incarnation of this do pretty good? Although, I have to agree, Pander could be trouble if he picks another epic role, like last time...

Zathras: Well, Org claims he has you pinned down as scum. How do you plan to counter his attack?

Pandarsenic: Care to give any hints as to the sort of advantages being the chief pony last round endowed on you? Could be the difference between a cult winning again, and town winning.

Zai: Uhhh... I'm not quite sure how I'm already scummy... care to elaborate?

Lonewolf I: I do think I quite agree with you on how likely someone is anti-town.

Archangel:
who are you most wary of and why?
Who do you want to hear from most?
Do you have any suspicions yet?

Toaster: Has anyone caught your eye so far as second scum? I'm pretty sure there IS at least two scum minimum in Mafia, right webadict?

Ottosfar: See Jokerman-EXE.

Mysteriousbluepuppet: See above.

ToonyMan: Who do you have pegged as top candidates for lynching?

Vector: See up.

Mr.Person: I'm going to have to go with TM on this, and say you are acting pretty damn scummy.

IronyOwl: Not too much to say on you. See Vector.

I do believe that covers everyone. If I missed you, sorry. I'd make a more comprehensive post for people like Vector, but I'd need more time to analyze every word of every post, or last thereof.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2010, 04:26:15 pm »

I do not think Zath is scum

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2010, 04:29:36 pm »

Not really anyone but Mr.Person yet.  Kinda despise Org right now, but I've played enough games that's it's a null tell regrettably.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2010, 04:51:10 pm »

Jokerman-EXE: Who are your suspicions on, and why have you made only one post since the start by my reckoning?

I'm looking at Toony and Toaster as scum this game, as well as you, just based on a slightly random choosing and what I've been seeing so far. For example, why did you feel the need to post a question to every player in the game?

As to why I haven't really posted, it's because I flatly refuse to participate in RV phases aside from watching and observing. It's how I play, so get used to it.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2010, 05:12:39 pm »

archangel! you are under my command! you will speculate as to when in the game your role-powers will become most useful!
Rolefishing already, dude? Really? Did your scumbuddies already come to the conclusion that they want to bus you, and you're just heading in that direction already?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 14, 2010, 05:31:25 pm »

Posted too soon. I quote as I read.

Zai, going to 'teach me to play' in this game too?
Not yet, but if you keep making bad mistakes again, yeah. You seriously should take everything I've said to you to heart (minus the insults). Especially your lists of who's scummy. You really need to work on that, as how you've been doing them is completely fucking useless. Use evidence. Even just linking to posts for each scummy person and explaining why they're bad is fine.

Scatterbrain, you were pretty good scum last time.
What game was that? I don't recall either of you being in the last BYOR, so "last time" is really fucking misleading.

Not going to be on for a few hours, but let the game go on!
Thanks for your permission, scumbox. We don't care if you're not going to be on for a few hours. Seriously. We don't give a shit.

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being.
Buddying too? REALLY? Also, an empty threat.

even if this comes very soon after the first vote for me
Who gives a shit? If you're scummy, you're scummy. Don't try and impose some bullshit vote limitation, as it won't work.

I'm leaving for a few hours.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 14, 2010, 05:32:49 pm »

I'm waiting for a response from Zathras, and I feel like Org's mess is a smoke-screen, so I'm not really bothering with it.

I suspect Puppet due to meta reasons at the moment, though once I get a reply from Zathras I'm going to try to start kicking data out of him.  I also suspect you, Breadbocks, for asking questions of every player in a 17-player game.  Looks like JanusTwoFace's old "FoS everyone!!" technique.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 14, 2010, 05:41:51 pm »

Zai, I was kidding. The reason I posted questions to everyone was because why not? Would it not be scumhunting to ask questions, and see how people respond? And Vector, I wasn't FoSing everyone, just asking questions. I pointed out who I was FoSing, and simply asked questions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2010, 05:49:58 pm »

Zai, I was kidding. The reason I posted questions to everyone was because why not? Would it not be scumhunting to ask questions, and see how people respond? And Vector, I wasn't FoSing everyone, just asking questions. I pointed out who I was FoSing, and simply asked questions.

Run-on sentences and rolefishing to Pandarsenic.  Stupid questions.  Lack of focus.

My accusation is that it is structurally similar to JTF's behavior.  It's... lazy.  You're making a pretense of scumhunting, Breadbocks, and are moving up on my list.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:09 pm »

Hmm. Missed a question from Zai. The game I was talking about was beginners Mafia XIV. He and USEC_OFFICER were the scumteam. I totally screwed up my first game by making a stupid vote to myself to start conversation, then talking about a stupid gambit that I liked.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »

And you just failed the Org theory of Scummitude.  Pleasant.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 14, 2010, 06:01:30 pm »

Org... Theory... of Scummitude? Uhhhh... Could you please explain what that is?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43