Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70290 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2010, 04:42:08 am »

For me, your avatar disappears as soon as it finishes loading, and even if it didn't, I don't usually look at people's avatars. Might be because I'm using Firefox.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2010, 05:13:46 am »

yeah, it does that for me sometimes, it's kind of annoying.

oh, and:

dug commands you to stop question dodging!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2010, 05:22:51 am »

You have no power over me. Stop wasting time.
Since you're here:
Who are you most wary of and why?
Who do you want to hear from most?
Do you have any suspicions yet?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 14, 2010, 06:22:33 am »

Who are you most wary of and why?
winners of the last game, given their heightened powers.

Who do you want to hear from most?
at the moment, the people who haven't posted yet; hence why i poked you. guess you're off of that list, then.

Do you have any suspicions yet?
not very strong suspicions, but i'm keeping an eye on org. and you, for that matter, you question-dodging scum!

so if you won't answer my original question, would you care to answer those questions you just quoted at me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 14, 2010, 06:57:25 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Scatterbrain -
Jokerman-EXE -
Org - Mr.Person,
Tylui - Toaster,
Zathras - Vector,
Pandarsenic -
Zai -
Lonewolf I -
Archangel - Scatterbrain,
Toaster - Mysteriousbluepuppet,
Ottofar -
Mysteriousbluepuppet -
breadbocks - Zai,
ToonyMan -
Vector - Org,
Mr.Person - Lonewolf I,
IronyOwl - Archangel,

Not Voting - Jokerman-EXE, Tylui, Zathras, Pandarsenic, Ottofar, breadbocks, ToonyMan, IronyOwl,

Day Ends Thursday At 9 PM Central. 9 To Hammer.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 14, 2010, 07:36:58 am »

Scatterbrain, you were pretty good scum last time. Not going to be on for a few hours, but let the game go on!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 14, 2010, 07:50:53 am »

Zai, going to 'teach me to play' in this game too?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2010, 08:11:36 am »

archangel! you are under my command! you will speculate as to when in the game your role-powers will become most useful!

Dangerously close to rolefishing, there.

so if you won't answer my original question, would you care to answer those questions you just quoted at me?

Passive, and you're backing off some.  Either you're intimidated or you decided you can't get any info out of him for your scum buddies.  Which is it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2010, 09:58:50 am »

Toaster, would you describe yourself as Scummy, or extra scummy ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_many_questions

Tylui, who here do you think is the easiest to catch as scum?

Easiest to catch as scum? Those who act obviously scummy, obviously!

But seriously, I have a hunch that Pandar is scum. He picked a pony last game. And won. He's probably feeling pretty sinister this time around, what with extra powers and all. I bet he picked a nice scummy character.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2010, 10:50:24 am »

archangel! you are under my command! you will speculate as to when in the game your role-powers will become most useful!

in what sense do you mean rolefishing? don't think i'm on the same wavelength here.

Passive, and you're backing off some.  Either you're intimidated or you decided you can't get any info out of him for your scum buddies.  Which is it?

i asked him the same question, with varying degrees of force, three different times. that's hardly being passive. and, if anything, asking him three questions rather than one is being more aggressive, so don't know where you're getting the impression of backing off from.

while you're here toaster - whilst third party is pretty different to more standard mafia formats like this, have you learnt anything from that game that will help you here? if so, what?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

Unvote Tylui.

Easiest to catch as scum? Those who act obviously scummy, obviously!

Obviously.  Just look at Scatterbrain.

in what sense do you mean rolefishing? don't think i'm on the same wavelength here.

You want to know when his role is most useful.  Knowing that, you can decide how soon you need to night kill him.

Quote from: Scatterbrain

i asked him the same question, with varying degrees of force, three different times. that's hardly being passive. and, if anything, asking him three questions rather than one is being more aggressive, so don't know where you're getting the impression of backing off from.

while you're here toaster - whilst third party is pretty different to more standard mafia formats like this, have you learnt anything from that game that will help you here? if so, what?

You were fine right until you gave up on your original question.  Your new question is just a regurgitation of his question, and your tone changes from aggression to a polite request.  You're backing down without breaking him first, and that's weak.  Weakness is scummy.

To answer your question: nothing, really.  It became negotiation and dealing when the roles became known, and pretty much no scum hunting happened.  Interesting, but irrelevant here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2010, 11:46:51 am »

You want to know when his role is most useful.  Knowing that, you can decide how soon you need to night kill him.

oh, i thought rolefishing meant trying to suggest to the mod what sort of powers you want when you pick your role. and no, it was basically just a less run-of-the-mill voteprod. hopefully, something a bit different might catch the scum out.

You were fine right until you gave up on your original question.  Your new question is just a regurgitation of his question, and your tone changes from aggression to a polite request.  You're backing down without breaking him first, and that's weak.  Weakness is scummy.

i stopped asking him the original question because it was becoming plain that i wasn't going to get an answer. as at this point it's more useful to have something to go on, rather than nothing, i decided to ask him questions that he would identify with, and would actually not question dodge - so why not use the very questions that he was asking? and you keep saying i'm backing down - a change of question is backing down? really? to stop harassing him would be to 'back down', and i ain't done with him yet. my vote is still on him, and my questions still stand.

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being. even if this comes very soon after the first vote for me (won't you be following up on that vote with some questioning, breadbocks?)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2010, 02:05:58 pm »

Hello everyone, this game shouldn't last long, nope.

Org, don't ruin your town game by playing scummy all the time.  Sure you get some scum wins and can laugh at everyone, but everyone will hate you.  I always regret joining games with you.

Do do do do votin' Pandarsenic.  High chance of being scum.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2010, 03:07:23 pm »

High chance of being tired, more like.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2010, 03:13:48 pm »

How are those mid terms?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43