Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oh deary me, I'll never win the fashion contest now!  (Read 2681 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh deary me, I'll never win the fashion contest now!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 02:57:21 am »

Yeah, I know. My elven girl got an infected broken ear early in her career. What's worse, it leaked pus on occasion, so she got in the habit of bathing often. Good swimming practice, but it leaves an embarrassing trail of 'elven pus' across the surface of the water.

The human got an infection from a missing finger, but that never leaked, or caused any noticeable problems fighting.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 08:08:09 am »

This once against makes me wish you could go to the medic people in the town (like the bone-setter) for actual medical treatment. Which reminds me: how can you even schedule treatment?

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2010, 09:21:35 am »

Eyelashes/Eyelids are the parts that perform hygiene/cleaning of the eyes, so if you ever get mud, blood, or somesuch in your eye, you will never be able to clean it, and it'll blind you in that eye.

He could just clean it manually.

When it says "broken", what does it actually even mean? Was it torn of, ripped open, or something else?

If it was ripped open or torn off, it would have said so. I guess its just folded or something.

to be honest I noticed broken apart and broken open eyes and throats seem to be from strangulation and gouges. (athough the wording is kinda odd, broken open eyes sort of sounds just weird, almost as if the eye has bones in it.)

Infections however are fatal I THINK eventually. (at least from asking around the fourms) Should be changed when adv medical skills get released or something (kinda annoying to get a infected toe and realise your screwed currently, it MIGHT heal but im not sure, seem slike it will never heal fully however)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:25:06 am by Toybasher »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2010, 10:20:25 am »

Or try an eyepatch. If there's no fashion award for that, there should be. Hell, all award you one myself.

Why in the name of Armok aren't there eyepatches in DF already? It seems like even the dwarves who aren't missing eyes should be wearing them occasionally just because... well... they're awesome.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2010, 10:32:40 am »

Infections however are fatal I THINK eventually. (at least from asking around the fourms) Should be changed when adv medical skills get released or something (kinda annoying to get a infected toe and realise your screwed currently, it MIGHT heal but im not sure, seem slike it will never heal fully however)
Infections dont do anything at all in adventure mode at the moment, my adventurer has countless infections and torn arteries amongst others (for example the broken nails and eyelash I presented here) and they do not inhibit my cave diving in any way.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2010, 12:26:18 pm »

Infections dont do anything at all in adventure mode at the moment, my adventurer has countless infections and torn arteries amongst others (for example the broken nails and eyelash I presented here) and they do not inhibit my cave diving in any way.

(Disturbing mental image)

EEEEWWWWWWWWW!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2010, 02:12:29 pm »

EEEEWWWWWWWWW!
And the fashion judges have spoken.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2010, 12:16:45 pm »

sounds kinda like your adventrer is a leper
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 01:32:41 am »

Infections dont do anything at all in adventure mode
I take that back, my adventurer has gotten faint from a hidden bloodloss after about an hour of spelunking in the caverns.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 12:45:04 pm »

Depends on Recuperation/Disease Resistance, maybe? My two longest lived adventurers both got infections early in their lives, and neither had any effect of consequence.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:58 pm »

Depends on Recuperation/Disease Resistance, maybe? My two longest lived adventurers both got infections early in their lives, and neither had any effect of consequence.
Well you dont have trouble if you quick travel, but if you spend RL hours rummaging around in caves there is no quick travel and then the effect of such wounds gets noticeable.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2010, 03:04:18 pm »

I did spend time without travel, mountain climbing and cavern crawling. The worst that happened was a build-up of elf puss, but even if I couldn't bathe, like in frozen mountains, there were no other effects.
Pages: 1 [2]