Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Joshua is back with some semi-permanence!  (Read 4303 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

It was nice having you around again for a while.  Take care.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright guys, I'm typing this on someone's graciously loaned netbook and I'm having a hard time typing. Turns out, ALOT of my assumption were dead wrong. The website blocking software's been updated on the library computers, and so I can't ACCESS the bay12games forum. THis is a serious dent in my plans.

Onotop of that, due to a large mishap and a large dose of incompetency on the part of the staff, I was moved out of my reserved room with my good friend, and I've spent the last two and a half days TRYING to room back up with him, which has been plagued with THE MOST STUPID SERIES OF ACCiIDENTS AND COINCIDENCES that could ever be conceived. So angry, I'll relay the story to you all later, when I'm no so inconvenienced.

If I can't find reliable internet access pronto, I might have to drop out of that mafia game I foolishly joined at the last second.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua bemoans his decent life, and will be less active for the next few mon
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 10:06:51 pm »

We need to do a Michigan meetup. Because there's a good number of us here.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I hate it when the staff is incompetent at colleges. I recently had an 'inconvenience' when they forgot to file all the paperwork I turned in, and thus I had to re-register for classes three days before the quarter started, finding new classes because the originals were all full.  :-\

Good luck getting your dorm back.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ALright, Let'sa see. I'm doing well so far. I still haven't gotten my room back, but things I still progressing nicely.

Turns out I've become a significantly better player at MtG lately, easily going head-to-head with one of the better players here.

Alright, while I have the time, I might as well detail the hullabaloo that is my room confusion. So, firstly, I got kicked out of my original room which I had reserved in advance due to me being a few hours late to registration, and the dorm office not giving enough shit to care whether one person is pushed out of a room to accommodate another. So, I got placed into another hall, a LOUD hall.

You see, there's six hallways, 3 'quiet halls' and 3 'loud' halls, I got moved from my favorite quiet hall to one of the loud halls. The guy that moved into MY room in place of me is being genial and cooperative, but he has some requisites that he expects to be met before he moves out of the room. He wants to remain in the same quiet hall, and he wants a roommate that he finds agreeable and who doesn't mind his sleep apnea. So far, the prospective people are:

A man he can't stand, due to irritating habits IIRC.

Someone who objects to his sleep apnea.

An aggravatingly smelly nerd.

but fortunately, one last person who it would appear is the perfect match. He's been a little slow in moving, but I'm giving him the final push today. The final push before I start getting seriously irritated.

Other than this room nonsense, I've been doing realy well. I've been taking fun roadtrips with my friends, almost to Indiana one time, and to Meijer's and a store called "Fanfare" which facilitates alot of geeky habits.

I feel bad though, I've been forgetting to call my mom, I should do that soon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I feel bad though, I've been forgetting to call my mom, I should do that soon.
I always forget to call every relative.  It's like they want me to call them at least once a week just to check up with each other.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

I've been taking fun roadtrips with my friends, almost to Indiana one time.
Next time you do, fireworks. And bring me some.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey everyone, back.

I beguile everyone with my accrued stories after collecting my thoughts and transitioning from nice cafeteria food to heinously delicious home food.

Nice to be back though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

HEY JOSH CHECK OUT THE ANIME THREAD YEAH

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Back briefly or back for evar?

Don't toy with my heart josh.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

He said 10 days yesterday on Steam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, for the next, now nine days, I'll be active here. If only a tad due to the fact that my home computer's ostensibly had an aneurysm of some sort in my absence, and now runs at about half-speed. Java-based programs don't seem to work anymore as well, including Gmail's default layout, and facebook's messaging system.

My health and comfort completely plummets during these reprieves back to my home, though. Everything's very clean at MCTI, and everything's so horrifically filthy here. It's like I'm stepping into a third world country contained in a double-wide trailer. What this means is that my asthma and allergies freak the fuck out and I'm going to be completely miserable for the next couple days... and then, when my break is over, I'm going to be completely miserable on the transition BACK to MCTI, because I eventually acclimate to these wretched conditions, and I have to repeat this acclimation process except now with sterile environs.

I'm so much happier over there though, because there's nothing to do here in this trailer park in the middle of nowhere, and I hate absolutely everyone that lives in it, but over there I actually developed a social life, if you want to call it that, with great friends, a community that respects me, and plenty of things to do.

I watched alot of classic movies, like Dr. Strangelove, Call of Cthulhu, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, and ALL of Band of Brothers. All ten fucking hours at my roommate's behest. (And he wants to get the Pacific, he's totally gushing over it).

My Ping Pong hobby has taken something of a decline though, because even though I'm getting better, I don't have very many people to practice with. The only two people better than me (as I'm about the 3rd best player in the whole building) are both preoccupied with their jobs and other things.

I do have somebody though, a guy that is very persistent at challenging me, but a tad dim and untalented. I used to take it easy on him since he simply doesn't know how to hold the paddle correctly, or how to stand right, and thus would make tons and tons of silly mistakes, and I'd beat him easily regardless of how much I handicapped myself.

However, through his tireless practice, he's actually gotten pretty good, and I'm very proud of him for that. He actually beat me fair and square about two times. At this point however, I decide to stop taking it easy on him, since now he's actually somewhat of a challenge, and now I have a somewhat good partner for legitimate practice. However, due to either girl troubles or class troubles, he's been troubled, and he simply can't get in the zone when he challenges me, and so of recent it would seemed he's been moving backwards in skill, and I've been beating him all too easily. I fear that me beating him so regularly has damaged his self-esteem, as he hasn't challenged me in a while, a crime I don't want to have committed. Also, I heard through the grapevine that he might have failed in his class and is getting 'graduated', where he's told to simply use the skills he's learned thus far, leave MCTI, and go get a job.

If this is what happens I'll be very unhappy, as I was still practicing the Backhand sidespin flick, a difficult move that I was just finally get a grasp on, if only with topspin instead of sidespin.

I hope that I can recruit someone else into ping pong fanaticism, it's the only sport I'm really good at, and I enjoy the physical exertion.

How the hell did I just spiral off into a long tirade about ping pong?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua suffers from allergies, and will be here for the next few days.
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2010, 07:04:10 pm »

Every time I do that hand motion my wrist cracks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2010, 01:09:06 pm »

Don't try that at home Toony, the awesome power is not meant for ordinary people. You're liable to kill someone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2010, 01:37:48 pm »

There should be a table tennis anime.  I mean they already have American Football and Tennis come on man.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6