Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Joshua is back with some semi-permanence!  (Read 4299 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Joshua is back with some semi-permanence!
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:25:31 am »

Now, I'm going to be traveling back to college, again, on the 13th. This means that I'm going to have to place my forum presence on serious hiatus for the second time.

I got quite a few things done though, during my break:

Finished watching:
Angel Beats,
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood,
and I'm about a third of the way through Baccano. I have no doubts that I'll be able to finish it.

I managed to restart MSPA and read to where it is currently, which was thoroughly gratifying.

I played through my most favoritest game ever, Fire Emblem 4, again and did an LP of it in the Play With Your Buddies subforum. For those that haven't read it, that's my 7th time completing the game. SO MUCH LOVE.

And managed to become re-inspired in my creative processes, and I've picked back up on a story I've been building in my head.

My hermetic habits and long stays away from actual human contact usually leave me feeling depressed and miserable, but I have to say I feel very content at this very moment.

Things I want to do in my last 4 days:

Write down the story synopsis for the daydream I've described earlier. This is all just finding the motivation, and finalizing alot of the details.

Learn the bare bones basics of translating Japanese-language ROMs, because it's an aspect of my FE4 LP that bothered me to no end. I have no idea where to start though. I don't intend on starting in such a short amount of time, I just want to learn if it's possible for me to do it with say, all the tools placed on a flash drive, moving from computer to computer.

Watch as much of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart as I can, because it's the only TV show I actually enjoy and I really miss it during my long stays without television.

There's some other stuff, I'm sure, but I can't quite remember it all at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:56:15 pm by JoshuaFH »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: I'm going to be leaving here... Again.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 11:32:28 am »

There's some other stuff, I'm sure, but I can't quite remember it all at the moment.
The other stuff was to grow a beard. That was definately it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:36:41 am »

The other stuff was to grow a beard. That was definately it.

Pshaw, I could grow a beard 3 times a month with no problems. It's keeping it shaven that's the hard part. It's awfully persistent facial hair, I'll give it that, but also lucky that I find shaving to be such a chore.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 11:39:12 am »

Godspeed, young sir. May you dance with the angels.

On the head of a pin, I suppose.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:40:16 am »

Godspeed, young sir. May you dance with the angels.

On the head of a pin, I suppose.

I have no idea what this analogy is meant to mean, but I appreciate it all the same.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:55:21 am »

Aw, we're going to miss you :(  What will we do without our resident spiderman?

Your college is actually so busy that you can't visit? :O

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 12:01:30 pm »

Aw, we're going to miss you :(  What will we do without our resident spiderman?

Your college is actually so busy that you can't visit? :O

No, I'll be able to visit. It's just that activity here piles up so fast, and I enjoy reading things at my leisure. There's lots of things to do once I'm over there, and it's simply counter-intuitive to use up all my time with you guys. Unfortunately.

I'll be sure to try to keep up with MSPA and the MSPA thread though, since I've found an especial fondness for the little comic.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 12:06:07 pm »

Aw, take care, Josh. Also if your facial hair grows in that fast, you should try one of those things where you take a picture of yourself with a different facial hairstyle as often as possible, and come back with a slew of awesome photos.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 12:12:14 pm »

Aw, take care, Josh. Also if your facial hair grows in that fast, you should try one of those things where you take a picture of yourself with a different facial hairstyle as often as possible, and come back with a slew of awesome photos.

I would totally do this if I had a digital camera. It's a finery beyond my disposable income though.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 01:05:32 pm »

Not enough time for a kickass party, switching to kickass semi-goodbye.

The forums will be a lot less cool with you away most of the time. Godspeed on that diploma.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 02:33:22 pm »

GOD dammit Sir Josh you are one of my bros and I feel saddened that you will be gone.  Farewell Josh until we cross paths on the webs again!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 02:34:19 pm »

Thanks Duke.

Man, that synopsis might be a little bit longer than I first anticipated. You guys should expect another character-limit shattering topic popping up in Creative Projects sometime in the future. Maybe the next day or so, if not more.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 02:35:10 pm »

GOD dammit Sir Josh you are one of my bros and I feel saddened that you will be gone.  Farewell SIr Jost until we cross paths on the webs again!

Of course Bro! I had fun talking with you all the time over break. Watching all those eps of FMA:B were really fun.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 02:36:47 pm »

As they say in Meriden, have a good one.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 02:50:33 pm »

In which case, hope to see you again when you return.

Preferably with lots of awesome stories about college.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6