Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Joshua is back with some semi-permanence!  (Read 4290 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua suffers from allergies, and will be here for the next few days.
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2010, 01:38:31 pm »

Another way to do it is coinage increases points and bills/checks/bonds/money orders/IOUs/Family heirlooms/cursed treasures from Tut's tomb decrease points, so people can't gain a massive lead by dropping a Benjamin into their own.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2010, 12:33:00 am »

Yeah, but I feel that'd breed more animosity than self-aggrandizement, which is harmful to the money flow. Which is all for the children remember?

Anyway, I'll be returning to MCTI tomorrow. If my roomie actually decides to bring his computer, then we can definitely hook up the 56k phone modem and surf the web at a snail's pace, which is all I really need to visit here every now and again.

So see you then, or during Christmas break.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2010, 12:37:29 am »

Snail's pace is better than no pace.

As they say in Meriden, have a good one Josh.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2010, 10:49:51 am »

I absolutely cannot remember where Meriden is, so thank you very much Toony.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Good luck at them colleges now, you hear?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Joshua is back for awhile!
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »

Hey everyone, it's the short break I receive between terms, and I have exactly 5 days to spend at home.

It's nice to be back.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2011, 06:45:28 pm »

sup josh

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2011, 07:31:06 pm »

Great to see you Kinseti.

I'll be summing all the major events since the last time I've been obliged to tell you all, after I'm done eating dinner.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »

Welcome back, Josh! It's been a most unspiderful place without you around.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2011, 10:02:35 pm »

HEY JOSH FROM THE FUTURE

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2011, 11:37:36 pm »

Alright, so I best get down and get to giving a summary of my time away from you all, which I suppose is comprised of things both good and bad.

For Christmas, I get a number of presents, but the best thing I got was a copy of the elusive and awesome God Hand, the last game made by Clover Studios before it went under.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This game is actually fairly rare, I've been looking for it for a long time, and it's TONS of fun to play. Also, very hard. I've beaten and re-beaten the game. I've done the necessary things to get the hidden videos, and 3 of the 4 jukebox CD's, which include beating the game normally, beating all the fighting arena challenges, beating a 'kick-me sign' run, and subjugating myself to the high-rollers slot machine for I don't know how long.

And it was all tons of fun, except for the slot machine, I have no idea what they were thinking with that one. The only thing I have to do is beat hard mode, and I'll unlock the last Jukebox CD and then I'll have everything there is to get. But even after I decide to put it down, I'll probably pick it up in the future to play just because it's so fun.

Also, I think I might be getting promoted to Chief Justice of MCTI's student Court system, if only because the current chief justice is getting a job elsewhere. That'd be really cool, but I'm not sure WHERE the current chief is currently, so I can't be sure.

Also, I was swindled out of 30 dollars by a unrepentant woman that I thought I could trust. She wanted to buy some knickknack, I'm not even sure what, and so I loaned her the money because my other friend (the one that gave me God Hand) said that I could very-definitely-for-a-fact trust her to return it. Cut to three weeks later, and every time I confronted her about it, she came up with some excuse for why she couldn't pay, until she finally got a job and high-tailed it out of the school. Goddamnit man, I was pretty angry about that one. I guess I should have listened to BOTH my uncle's advice that loaning people, especially friends, money is a bad idea.

I made some good friends along the way as well, and then I got to watch their bittersweet goodbyes as they graduate from their courses. I'm progressing to my second term in Customer Service, and I'll need to fulfill certain demanding prerequisites and petition to get invited to a third and fourth term, which I very definitely want.

But, I made a dumb mistake: my teacher gave me some homework to complete over the break, which includes collecting information to build a resume, but I made the stupid mistake of leaving it in my dorm room instead of taking it home with me. I feel so stupid, I wish my memory weren't so shoddy.

I'll just have to made do somehow, but I have trouble with the references part. The trouble being that my teacher wants people that aren't from MCTI, but the problem with that was that I was actually a pretty reclusive and generally an unliked person before I started going to MCTI, so there's that. Once again, I'll just have to made do somehow.

There's some things I'm forgetting, I'm sure of it. I'm sure I'll remember more in the future.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 10:58:54 pm »

Alright, leaving again tomorrow. I figure that I might be able to visit more often though if I put aside my paranoia and scruples, and just use a damn proxy to get here.

I'm worried about those proxy sites though, they always looks kinda leery. Kind've like a dark alley next to a movie theater.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 11:47:14 pm »

I think being in the movie theater is more dangerous.

Anyway, see you again Josh in another two or three months!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:15 am »

Sorry my visit was so short lived. I'm leaving now, have a nice day.

I'll see what I can do with this proxy business.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2011, 02:55:03 pm »

Hey guys, I finally got around to finding a bypass to MCTI's surfcontrol. Sorry it took me so long!

I suppose I can make a habit of visiting here more often now. This makes me really happy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6