Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Awesome fights  (Read 1803 times)

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Awesome fights
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:37:41 am »

I had a Forgotten Beast that had somehow picked up weapons usage skills and a weapon to fight an ant civilization in a cave.
I never found out where or how he had acquired them:

He killed quite a few antmen too with his deadly spear techniques, which he seemed to prefer over normal Forgotten Beast -means, but sadly, finally also bought it himself. ;_;
He would have made a nice pet equipped with a proper dwarven-made adamantine spear.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:47:20 am by jei »
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

LemonFrosted

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't really make you love me
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome fights
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 05:48:52 am »

Badass.

Too bad, would have made an awesome doorman.

"Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, may I take your head?"

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:52:23 am »

All the way back in 40d, someone was fighting a GDS when he got his axe lodged in its face. It pulled the axe out and chopped him to pieces.

Good to know this sort of thing is still around.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 02:32:43 pm »

What is a GDS? Also, that is awesome that it uses weapons.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 02:45:45 pm »

possibly a typoed GCS.

this is more less cool than werewolves inserting pig tail gloves into the brains of dwarves.
This is a blank sig.

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 03:16:02 pm »

GDS = Giant Desert Scorpion, famed for their ability to steal your weapon and kill you with it in Adventurer Mode.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 03:31:07 pm »

thats kinda scary...
This is a blank sig.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 03:32:48 pm »

GDS = Giant Desert Scorpion, famed for their ability to steal your weapon and kill you with it in Adventurer Mode.

That's AWESOME. It's never happened to me though.

And, I wouldn't have known what a GCS was either.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

CaveIn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 03:52:10 pm »

Giant Cave Spider ;)
I can see my hammer dwarf standing next to a beat bloody elf asking :"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"....."What do you mean you don't know?!" *BANG there goes another rib*

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »

Oh, I see.

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 06:47:15 pm »

I accidentally drafted a peasant while trying to draft some ex-soldiers to fight of trolls, and so he immediately went and murdered all four trolls with his bare hands, sustaining only a bruise to the lip fat. between that and the 2 more recent sieges he is now a legendary wrestler in full bronze (could not find flux stone, still looking) with a strange preference for murdering trolls. he has killed one gobbo, a rutherer, and 12(!) trolls.
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 06:48:49 pm »

With his bare (bear)  hands? And no armor?

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 06:59:20 pm »

I just looked, and now at least, probably then too, I think he is literally wearing as many clothes as he can. that might have helped. also he is superdwarvenly strong AND quick. that might have happened since, i dont know for sure.
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 08:23:10 am »

I actually had a pretty brutal fight earlier that ended with, of all things, a Crowning Moment of Awesome for the goblin thief. I got a picture of the combat report but I'm not sure how to post it to the thread.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 08:30:14 am »

I noticed this hasn't been said yet, so I'll tell you all how the forgotten beast from the OP got its weapon:

It wrestled it out of that soldier ant spearwoman's hands.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: [1] 2