- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58

Author Topic: .  (Read 59433 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Kinseti draws Pokemon and crap. (Pink Version)
« Reply #585 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:29 pm »

Alright, I feel as though I should address this. The basis of comedy - real comedy, not puns and silly faces - is to build up an expectation and then subvert it. Basically, the whole last half of this chapter was an extension of a single gag, in which I subverted the built up expectation for silliness as hard as I could. This culminated with the ridiculously darker-and-edgier end of chapter page (intended emphasis on ridiculous). I mean, compare is to the other two end of chapter pages. This is hopefully a humourous juxtaposition. Did it work? Fucked if I know! But I'm just experimenting here and it gave me the chance to try some things this comics wouldn't usually accommodate.

I guess I could have gone even more over-the-top with the timeskip, given Pink an eyepatch or something.

Anyway, that's not to say the plot is going to be completely irrelevant, just that the impression that everything is going to be SUPER SRS from now on is a false one. Just to clear things up.
Well, if you were going for laughs in that last panel, sometime in the future, I think you missed the mark. To be blunt, there was less roars of laughter, and more screams of awesome, like watching the 300 movie, but good. If you didn't know greek history and was watching the movie, you would expect the spatans to win, because thats the expectation movies give us, yet the last fight scene isn't funny, it's just cool.

Although the phrase 'Get in the ball!' should be a meme, or referanced somewhere, or something!

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #586 on: February 11, 2011, 09:16:08 pm »

Although the phrase 'Get in the ball!' should be a meme, or referanced somewhere, or something!
Already have "Get on the Ball!" as a meme.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 12, 2011, 02:26:52 am »

-snip-

Yeah, I was kind of afraid of that. But cool is good too I guess? I still think it could have been both, had I nailed the delivery. AH WELL.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 12, 2011, 05:22:11 am »

I think if you want to use that sort of device, it is best used with a quickly established pattern, and very sudden change. Rowin Atkinson does realy well with this sort of thing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2011, 10:06:27 am »

Cool is good kinseti.

Think of all the best comedy movies you ever seen. How many of them were just funny? Though yeah most try to find a balance so even the most heartwarming or awsome scenes are also funny (Though usually due to physical comedy or premise)

Though what you want to do next could be difficult as you have had your "Fall from grace" moment (which isn't the correct term... It is usually where light hearted fictions become dark).

Are you planning on a style change?

I REALLY gotta stop commenting... I am starting to think I am causic to Kinseti
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:10:49 am by Neonivek »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2011, 11:02:09 am »

Yeah Kinseti, when I meant "dark and violent", I was referring to the change from "silly plot and game mechanics subversion". The humor value is constant throughout. :)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 12, 2011, 02:05:42 pm »

Yes.
Hell yes.
Hell f**king yes!

That's some deep and sophisticated philosophy of art you have there. You really subverted my expectations with that one.

So this is a real timeskip of several years and not justy a gag or a flashforward then?
... hey, "Timeskip" totally sounds like a pokemon name.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2011, 02:07:37 pm »

It also sounds like an attack/move.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 13, 2011, 06:34:46 pm »

It also sounds like an attack/move.
It would be a Future Sight-style attack, but it randomly chooses another one of your moves, like Sleep Talk does.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 13, 2011, 06:37:53 pm »

Variant Gilligan Cut

Same principle, but use the least effective attack

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 13, 2011, 06:45:02 pm »

That would take a complex algorithm unless you have Splash. Odor Sleuth/Foresight are mildly useful, and Water/Mud Sport as well.

What would be awesome is a move other than Tail Glow or whatever that sharply increases special attack.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 13, 2011, 06:46:24 pm »

That would take a complex algorithm unless you have Splash. Odor Sleuth/Foresight are mildly useful, and Water/Mud Sport as well.

What would be awesome is a move other than Tail Glow or whatever that sharply increases special attack.

Nasty plot

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 14, 2011, 03:34:27 am »

I was thinking... About a Pokemon RTS... And then I realised it's almost impossible, so I thought about a TBS management type game where you are a circle of friends / trainer organisation / criminal group that hires trainers which increase in skill as they catch pokes, which they level up as they battle people. You could hire the trainers and their pokes out for guard duty, different types of labour, outright robbery etc. And of course you'll have to buy / manufacture your poke balls.

WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 14, 2011, 04:05:23 am »

I think if you want to use that sort of device, it is best used with a quickly established pattern, and very sudden change. Rowin Atkinson does realy well with this sort of thing.

Mr. Bean is an irreplaceable part of my childhood. I haven't watched it for probably a decade. Time for some "research".

Are you planning on a style change?

Artisticly, I'm hoping to up the ante a little bit and do the "future" stuff with my tablet and with shading, time permitting. Part of the excessive art shifting is trying to stay out of my comfort zone a little bit. If you mean writing, maybe slightly, but I will try to maintain the lol pokemonz.

So this is a real timeskip of several years and not justy a gag or a flashforward then?

NO SPOILERS.

I was thinking... About a Pokemon RTS... And then I realised it's almost impossible, so I thought about a TBS management type game where you are a circle of friends / trainer organisation / criminal group that hires trainers which increase in skill as they catch pokes, which they level up as they battle people. You could hire the trainers and their pokes out for guard duty, different types of labour, outright robbery etc. And of course you'll have to buy / manufacture your poke balls.

WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING

You think that's bad? I've thought about trying to make a Pokemon style RL game. I would call it ASCIImon. It would be terrible.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 14, 2011, 04:13:29 am »

Hussnasty

That is all.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 58