- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58

Author Topic: .  (Read 59308 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kinseti draws Pokemon and crap. (Pink Version)
« Reply #495 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:17 pm »

I meant most can be safely ignored because they're not very interesting/cool, but that's sort of the opposite of an excuse to make more.

Such as? :) I personally find all (that come to memory) of the original 150 to be cool. After that, things become more derivative, but they're still each pretty groovy.
Wasn't fond of Magmar, Jinx, or Mr.Mime, personally. I'm not familiar enough with the later cast to pick blegh ones off the top of my head, but they're out there. They're always out there.

Huh? Entei, Raikou, Suicine, Mewtwo, Zapdos, Moltres, Arcticuno, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon, etc... There's only one of those per game. Unless you meant something else?
There were only two Snorlaxes in the first games also, I don't think that necessarily means there's only two ever in the world. Assuming that's what he meant.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 24, 2011, 09:22:39 pm »

I meant that few pokemon were canonically one of a kind.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 24, 2011, 09:51:23 pm »

Ahh, I see what you mean now. Fair point. (I'd probably say Dragonite / Tyranitar / Garchomp are the rarest ones everyone owns however. Never fancied them myself, though.) What was my last good team? Blastoise, Alakazam, Pidgeot, Machamp, Electabuzz, Flareon I think. Not particularly great, but I liked the pokes. Also, fair type diversity.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 25, 2011, 02:28:39 am »

Last game I played (Platinum) my team was Houndoom, Sudowoodo, Noctowl, Gastrodon, Gallade, Rotom. Did the trick. Got bored before putting together a better team with the post-elite four pokemon. Houndoom and Sudowoodo raep though.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 25, 2011, 02:49:19 am »

My favourites are all ghost and psychic type.
Shedinja, Ghastly/Haunter (not Gengar, though), Drif[loon/blim], Duskull, Abra[kadabra]/Alakazam, Ralts/Gardevoir (not Kirlia), Wobbufett, Espeon, Mew, and Chimeco.
In no particular order.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 25, 2011, 03:06:52 am »

Ghastly/Haunter (not Gengar, though)
It really was unfortunate that Haunter looked cooler than Gengar.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 25, 2011, 04:59:10 pm »

My friend's mom loved Jinx, so half to annoy and half because Jinx is a direct shout out to Michael Jackson, I hated it. I would always Hyper Beam the one in the GSC Elite Four, even with a level 100 Gyarados.

My favorites were always the "super" pokemon (Dragonite et al.), original 151, Kingdra, Walrein, Crobat, Shedinja, Flygon, and Gardevoir. There are probably a few I don't remember, though.

And there needs to be a game in all five regions. Like, you become champion of the first four, then travel to the new one, then go to the World Championships in Orre.

Of course, the level cap would need to go up, considering the levels of the last trainer in GSC.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 25, 2011, 06:34:25 pm »

And there needs to be a game in all five regions. Like, you become champion of the first four, then travel to the new one, then go to the World Championships in Orre.

Of course, the level cap would need to go up, considering the levels of the last trainer in GSC.
Hm. Levels would be kinda tricky regardless, what with you either needing to travel back and forth all the time or the regions being ranked (so the elite four of X are level 30, Y are 60, etc).

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 25, 2011, 06:46:57 pm »

Hm. Levels would be kinda tricky regardless, what with you either needing to travel back and forth all the time or the regions being ranked (so the elite four of X are level 30, Y are 60, etc).
They're not programming for an old school gameboy anymore. They could afford to add a level-scaling feature.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 25, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »

They're not programming for an old school gameboy anymore. They could afford to add a level-scaling feature.
You mean everything's whatever level it needs to be? That could work, but then you'd still have route/tall grass weirdness. Either "Hrm, I don't remember all these level 85 Rattatas last time I was here" or "Cool, a new zone! I wonder what oh good level 3 birds. That's exactly what my 60 Venasaur needs right now, level 3 birds to fight or recruit."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 25, 2011, 07:17:08 pm »

You mean everything's whatever level it needs to be? That could work, but then you'd still have route/tall grass weirdness. Either "Hrm, I don't remember all these level 85 Rattatas last time I was here" or "Cool, a new zone! I wonder what oh good level 3 birds. That's exactly what my 60 Venasaur needs right now, level 3 birds to fight or recruit."

That's the problem with all RPGs. Do you have stronger enemies the farther out from the starting point that the player travels or do you make a realistic world? If the former, why haven't the people who live where everything is born at level 60 travel to the place that's overrun by level 3 baddies and slaughter all of them?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #506 on: January 25, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »

If the former, why haven't the people who live where everything is born at level 60 travel to the place that's overrun by level 3 baddies and slaughter all of them?
Because to them it's a waste of time. They have higher level baddies to take care of.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 25, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »

The former is the realistic one. Look at, say, the awesome armies of European countries, that fight other forces, and how they don't just go slaughter the machete thugs that murder citizens in Africa.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 25, 2011, 08:21:52 pm »

Comparing Congolese drug warlords to wild pidgeys. This just got weird.

Jinx is a direct shout out to Michael Jackson

?????

I thought it was just a transvestite in blackface.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:04 pm »

Comparing Congolese drug warlords to wild pidgeys. This just got weird.
Welcome to Bay12. :P
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 58