durr
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58

Author Topic: .  (Read 59341 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kinseti draws Pokemon and crap. (Pink Version)
« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2010, 09:33:32 am »

HOW DO THEY GET THEM IN THOSE LITTLE BALLS?

Molecular reduction within an enclosed space.

According to the Lore each pokeball is a habitat specifically designed for each pokemon.

Pokemon is oddly selective with its technology. Despite its retro look the place is obviously very scifi.

Mostly so that you dont feel bad for enslaving them. You bastard.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2010, 09:51:39 am »

I'm gonna go with a post-singularity utopia myself. After all, if nanobots aren't keeping them nourished, they would die. There are no farms in which food is grown, nor is food or drink sold at any marts except as a novelty item in a small number of vending machines. All the while, your character is not required to eat, drink, or perform other bodily functions. The lack of people begging for food implies these traits are universal, and food has become a relic of the past to be enjoyed for its own sake rather than for sustenance.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 29, 2010, 09:55:01 am »

Well you as a character is odd...

Despite being the world's greatest stunt biker without ever practicing (dang are the stunt courses built to kill you). You also cannot swim, a task even small children can do in the ocean!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2010, 09:58:03 am »

post singularity again.

it's actually a self-aware superbike that requires only the bare minimum of input to to crazy stunts.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2010, 12:48:54 pm »

You also cannot swim, a task even small children can do in the ocean!
There are swimmers in the game. And not everyone in real life can swim, you know.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 29, 2010, 01:34:21 pm »

Continuing to play through fire red, I found a couple things which could make some awesome comics later on in the series.
1. Lavender Tower ghosts: For the first dozen or so I encountered (with silph scope), I wanted to catch one. However, with both the wild ones and the ones used by the channeler NPCs in battle, I would attack them once, getting them down to a nice 1/3 or 1/4 hp. They would then use curse and kill themselves to put a curse on pigeotto. Considering the animation for casting curse begins with them bashing a nail into their heads, it could make for a humorous story line in which they impale themselves on nails hanging out of the rafters every time she tries to catch one. :D
2. Burnt out pokemon mansion on Cinnabar. Suicidal koffings and wheezings exploding EVERYWHERE.

Oh, and the guy outside that guy peeping at the girls wasn't the advice guy it seems... The advice guy had hair, whereas this guy was bald.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:47:17 pm by alway »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 29, 2010, 03:34:10 pm »

You also cannot swim, a task even small children can do in the ocean!
There are swimmers in the game. And not everyone in real life can swim, you know.

Yeah but it is an oddly, freekishly in fact, easy task to do in Pokemon.

Heck pokemon can do it while unconscious

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 29, 2010, 04:46:00 pm »

Heck pokemon can do it while unconscious

Speaking of which, how do pokemon fights while swimming work.  I am confuse
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2010, 05:04:27 pm »

It's because nearly all Pokemon float. Have you ever checked their size in comparison to their weight? According to the pokedex in game, an Onyx, despite being a massive thing, several times larger than a person, only weighs 463 pounds. With that low a density, just about any pokemon can easily float on the water.  :D

The oddly low density of pokemon has been present since even the original games.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:12:24 pm by alway »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2010, 05:24:10 pm »

That is because the makers of pokemon dont know shit about density/weight/evolution.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 29, 2010, 05:37:42 pm »

I'm gonna go with a post-singularity utopia myself. After all, if nanobots aren't keeping them nourished, they would die. There are no farms in which food is grown, nor is food or drink sold at any marts except as a novelty item in a small number of vending machines. All the while, your character is not required to eat, drink, or perform other bodily functions. The lack of people begging for food implies these traits are universal, and food has become a relic of the past to be enjoyed for its own sake rather than for sustenance.

In retrospect this would have made a much more interesting comic. Also, you're right, it explains everything. Either that or a wizard did it.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 29, 2010, 05:44:11 pm »

In retrospect this would have made a much more interesting comic. Also, you're right, it explains everything. Either that or a wizard did it.
Canonically, the Pokemon lore's pantheon is just plain massive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deities_in_fiction#Pok.C3.A9mon
So it isn't out of the question that a wizard-type creature actually did do it...

But yeah, post-singularity is much more fun. There is even teleportation and genetics in Pokemon, pushing it away from the low-tech fantasy cliche...

It really could go either way.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:52:08 pm by alway »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »

It's because nearly all Pokemon float. Have you ever checked their size in comparison to their weight? According to the pokedex in game, an Onyx, despite being a massive thing, several times larger than a person, only weighs 463 pounds. With that low a density, just about any pokemon can easily float on the water.  :D
Bear in mind they're massive relative to Japanese schoolchildren, though. Charizard is five feet tall, for instance, while Gyarados and Onyx are reasonably long but also rather thin.

Also, the simpler comic is quite cute.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 29, 2010, 09:18:51 pm »

Hehe, those Speed EV will come back to bite you in the ass if you dont go with a Jolly Bibarel.

(It's a joke, i'm not that pathetic)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 01, 2011, 04:35:34 am »

Hehe, those Speed EV will come back to bite you in the ass if you dont go with a Jolly Bibarel.

I am ashamed to even know what this means.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pink is kind of a jerk.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:41:24 pm by kinseti »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 58