Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: War elephant phantom master  (Read 4168 times)

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War elephant phantom master
« on: September 08, 2010, 11:13:11 pm »

there was an unfortunate accident involving an ex-soldier who was in possession of a dozen war elephants, and for some reason they have all transferred to a new master, who happens to not be on my citizen list. what can I do about this?

EDIT: I just found the new dwarf master. it is hisher dead spouse. elephants are still huddling around the corpse. any way to free em up?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:15:44 pm by m1k3y4e7 »
If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War elephant phantom master
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 11:33:17 pm »

lower a bridge onto them.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 11:39:37 pm »

Best thread title ever. It's like Dwarf Fortress, Star Wars, and general insanity thrown together.

Are the elephants still available for transferring? Maybe move the corpse to your entrance so you get the same general effect?
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:30:43 am »

Problem: A whole bunch of war elephants are huddled around the deceased spouse of their former master, refusing to move away from it.

Solution: Toss the corpse outside the fortress walls so the war elephants guard the entrance.

I love this game.  :D
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 12:46:53 am »

Soooo....they will guard their master's corpse even until it's eventual degeneration to skull & bones?

What happens when monkeys try to steal his remains? Or when [BONECARN] creatures try to taste the buffet?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 01:03:33 am »

Soooo....they will guard their master's corpse even until it's eventual degeneration to skull & bones?

What happens when monkeys try to steal his remains? Or when [BONECARN] creatures try to taste the buffet?

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that any monkey or bone-eater would have the balls to approach a dozen war elephants.
Sanity is for the weak.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 02:25:08 am »

Quote from: Kobold Troubador

War Elephant: Oh, I say there, Bert, it would appear that somebody is trying to make off with the Master's remains.
War Elephant: Not a worry, William, I'll deal with it.

Then follows a fifteen minute long stomping session.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that any monkey or bone-eater would have the balls to approach a dozen war elephants.

Considering that they'll cheerfully try and slip by a War Giant Cave Spider guarding a front entrance, I'm sure that your average rhesus macaque's testicles account for 90% of their weight. I've seen rhesus macaques get showered by the remains of their colleagues, back off about ten squares, and then immediately charge right back in.

Usually what happens is that all but one of them dies before the survivor notices an expended bolt from a hunter lying around and makes off with it.

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 03:28:18 am »

RM1: Quickly bretheren! Onwards to the shiny things!
RM2: See! The shiny things leap towards us in their wish to join ARRGH *GURGLEGURGLE*
RM1: Yay I found a shiny thing in my friends throat!
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.

Halykan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 06:45:56 am »

War Elephant: Oh, I say there, Bert, it would appear that somebody is trying to make off with the Master's remains.
War Elephant: Not a worry, William, I'll deal with it.

This made me laugh. I hadn't imagined them with posh British accents, but I'm sure it fits. Now we just need to mod in elephant-sized monocles.
If you don't remember whether the lever will collapse half the fortress, flood it with magma, flood it with water, flood it with water THEN magma, or kill the invaders, you pull it and hope you take the god damned goblins down with you
clicky

Magma_science

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Human wrestler!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 07:56:21 am »

Atomsmash the corpse?

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 08:00:57 am »

I'd say you could still butcher them, or build a coffin under some floor sitting on a support or something.

Down side building destoryers will probably smash it, but up side they'll probably take out the support and get smashed too.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 08:14:09 am »

Best thread title ever.

That would make a nice movie.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 09:08:19 am »

having looked at this, I am convinced that atomsmahing the corpse is the right way. However, using the body as an elephant beacon sounds like even more fun. thanks all.

If I had a monkey, I would borrow my moms sewing machine and make my monkey a little monkey suit. Then if anyone said "Thats not a real monkey, it's just a monkey suit, I can see the zipper", I could say "I bet you fifty dollars it is a real monkey" and when they said "that seems like a reasonable bet, you are on", my monkey would take off the monkey suit and they would have to pay me fifty dollars.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:10 am »

It's the dwarfy thing to do.

m1k3y4e7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 08:21:45 pm »

hmm. elephants are not following the corpse, but rather huddled around the place he died. will try removing the corpse from existence now.
Pages: [1] 2